Profile for A. R. Jackson > Reviews

Content by A. R. Jackson

A. R. Jackson (Argyll, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Chrome Plated mixer Water flexible Taps Basin Kitchen Wash Basin Faucet
Chrome Plated mixer Water flexible Taps Basin Kitchen Wash Basin Faucet

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and NOT SO cheerfull, 25 April 2016
No instructions in the box but assembly was easy enough, just needed a bit of planning of what goes where and when.
The tap quality is OK and it performs well enough.

Update: The tap lever has become more and more difficult to operate - time to return it.

VAPSINT® Good Build Quality Chrome Monobloc Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap,Swivel & Spring Spout Pull Out Bar Taps
Offered by UKVCkitchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot and cold coloured pips were easy to pop out and replace the right way round, 15 May 2015
Not difficult to fit but a heavy tap which wobbles slightly on my stainless steel sink. Hot and cold coloured pips were easy to pop out and replace the right way round. I found the various hoses a little awkward to route and align correctly but they tightened up easily. Looked a little odd at first (to my eyes) but I'm happy with it now. The pull-out hose is very handy, and the tap is quite tall so it's very practical to use. A good tap for the money.

Amazon Kindle 3
Amazon Kindle 3

4.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!!, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Kindle 3 (Accessory)
This was the purchase of a used Kindle, it was bare, no cables, no cover, but with a few good books.
The unit looked clean, unscratched, unworn, and worked perfectly.
It's really nice to use with plenty of features. As a long term Sony reader user I found Kindle to be a good upgrade.
The keyboard is a interesting feature although I haven't used it much as yet.
Reading is a pleasure with total control of typeface and a crisp screen.
I can access the internet to get more information on individual items in a story or textbook.
It's an older generation, as am I, but it was a great buy.

Quantek 3-in-1 Emergency Power Cut Light, Rechargeable Torch & Automatic Night Light
Offered by Quantek

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and neat, 5 Sept. 2014
Ideal for my location which has no street lighting and suffers minor power cuts.
The night light is low level, and the torch is bright enough to adequately light my top hall.
The unit is neat and unobtrusive. I'm tempted to buy another one for downstairs.

GTECH ST05 Grass Trimmer & Edger 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery (Old Version)
GTECH ST05 Grass Trimmer & Edger 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a great start, but now I'm almost convinced..., 18 Jun. 2014
After being impressed by GTECH's HT04 I was singularly not so by this light weight and flimsy looking device.
A quick trial didn't help when the blade wore out in just 10 minutes.
UPDATE: I tried Bosch white blades - they are definitely tougher, but slightly more expensive, than GTECHs.

However, I tried it again today at the bottom of my garden where there is a stone seawall, rank grass, and poorly managed shrubs.
Working together, the two tools made a remarkable clean-up, (great having no cables to wrestle with), and without me suffering aching muscles and joints.

So in the end I'm pleased with the performance of both tools. Just as well the blades are cheap, I wore out another three.

I need to keep my old Flymo strimmer for lawn edging, that why I think 4 stars is a fair assessment.
UPDATE: It has managed to make a good job of the edging - it just needs careful handling.

HT04 2-in-1 Garden 18V Multi-Tool Cordless Hedge Trimmer and Branch Cutter (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mission (im)possible, 8 Jun. 2014
Like many other reviewers I'm in my seventies and have a large garden with lots of tall hedging.

My first job with my HT04 was to shape a large Berberis which has been trained to flop over into an arch.
Last year, using a mains hedge trimmer, it was a near impossible and back breaking job.
This time, with the HT04, it was still awkward but was very much quicker and less painful.

All the good points mentioned by others are true.
I found the bad points to be:
- I always seemed to need a bit more extension (I suppose this will always be the case!!).
- The switch interlock is quite awkward, especially trying to operate the HT04 while balanced on a ladder.

Overall the HT04 is fun to use and is an effective tool, just walking about and trimming here and there is easy and effective.
For long life I'd restrict it to light to medium tasks and use the mains trimmer for the heavy cutting.
I'm glad that I bought mine.

The Mammoth Book of Chess (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Chess (Mammoth Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for newish or oldish players, 6 Jan. 2014
There's plenty of interesting content for not a lot of money here.
I'm happy enough with the kindle edition, it's not perfect but it's certainly useable.
In trying to rediscover chess after several decades of abstinence it has proved a good choice.

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Lens
Offered by Pro-King

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens for the price!, 5 Aug. 2013
This is the best telephoto lens I have used.
It's easy to get great photos since the VR works really well.

Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit - Black (24.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by WAA Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Very capable performer, 5 Aug. 2013
A very nice replacement for my old Olympus.
Handling, size, and weight are all just right even for my big hands.
Even set to JPG Normal (about 13.5MP) the results are great.

JJC replacement Nikon HB-45 Lens Hood for NIKON 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S VR DX NIKKOR
Offered by Joy Around

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!!, 5 Aug. 2013
Quite shallow, and not very stylish, but it works well.
Easy to attach, detach, and store. Good value at the price.

Page: 1 | 2