Profile for KTCI > Reviews

Dangerous Women
Dangerous Women
by George R.R. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Women (Hardcover)
I love short stories when done properly. Alas, this collection is not one of those times. When I first heard about Dangerous Women, I bought it as fast as I could - an anthology of kickass female characters in fiction AND another GRRM short story? Hell yes, I thought. However I've found most of the stories to be quite dry and uninteresting, and I've found it difficult to read a lot of them all the way through. It was also difficult to bond with any of the characters - they seemed to be two dimensional, with the writers unable to flesh them out quite enough in the pages allowed, with one or two in particular coming to conclusion without really reaching any sort of point and leaving me wondering what on earth I just read and why. Also there are two stories that focus on the stereotype of strippers with hidden agendas luring unsuspecting men into a trap, which doesn't really make me think 'dangerous women'. Melinda Snodgrass' story was one of them - wonderfully written as always, but a predictable premise. The Dance of Dragons short story came across as a summary of events, more of a wikia plot summary than the captivating story you'd expect, which I was really disappointed by.

Short version - there are one or two gems in here but sadly I didn't need to buy the entire tombstone to read them.

Womens Batman Logo Comic Super Hero Pullover Hoodie (UK 12 Extra Small / Chest 36", Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Jan. 2013
Ordered this on Monday, had it by Wednesday when it was estimated to arrive next week, very speedy delivery! Tried it on, I'm a size 8-10 in tops and hoodies and this is perfect, it's roomy without being ridiculously baggy :) Very happy with this, but I am anxious to see how the logo holds up after a few washes ... watch this space for updates!

York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg
York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars All you could want, as long as you don't have a nose, 3 Nov. 2011
Arrived promptly and exactly what I wanted now that I can't afford a gym membership, without needing to go out to buy them and carry them home. One complaint, though - the smell of the case and the weights when they first arrive is unbearable. I had to leave it open and let them (and the room they were in) aired out before I could bear to use them. Fortunately enough it was only one day. I don't know what it was, but it was awful. Otherwise, great product.