Profile for beckyb > Reviews

Content by beckyb

beckyb

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly didn't actually make it to the end.., 23 Mar. 2013
Was really looking forward to reading this, but I have to admit I stopped and started with it about 3 or 4 times... got approx. 50% of the way through and then finally called it quits. I just couldn't seem to get into the story, I think because there was just too many of them all going on at the same time, switching from here to there, one lot of characters to another - it was just too much for me to keep up with. So many long names of families and kings and quenns of here and there and children and cousins , I often couldn't remember who was who and would try skip back on my kindle to remind myself and couldnt find the page... It was an effort to read and not a very enjoyable story for me up to the point I got to anyway...

So many people have raved about how good a book it is I'm really dissapointed I got so bored with it and couldn't even read until the end... I never half reads books ever! Perhaps I'll try again sometime ..

Afraid - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath Horror Collective)
Afraid - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath Horror Collective)

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm okay., 23 Mar. 2013
Red ops, brain-chipped, creepy screw loose missing evil soldiers trying to kill everyone by chopping up stabbing bone breaking running aroung sniffing 'charge capsules' like crack pots after a government scientific experiment has gone wrong. Apparently.

Not sure why I purchased this one, I was just bored looking for something different to read, dont usually read horrors or rather 'novels of terror' lol. But had lots of reviews saying how frightful it was so gave it a go. Started of thinking oh god what on earth is this twollop... then it got slightly better, and I must admit i didnt put it down and carried on reading eager to find out what would happen and how it would end. Finished by the end of the week. It did have a few twists in the end which was good.
I'm not sure if i'd read another one of these though.. I can imagine how the story might go..
An okay read, but a bit silly in parts and not very scary for me, I think more realistic happenings are far more frightful.

The Ex-Wife's Survival Guide: A wickedly funny romantic comedy that will keep you laughing to the last page!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO funny, 23 Mar. 2013
Great book, loved it. Finished in a few days, but made my daily total 3 hour commute pass in what seemed like minutes!
So many times I was laughing out loud to myself. I also enjoyed Annie Mays Black Book but this was even better. Characters are really comical. Shame its on my kindle as I wanted to give my mum and sister to read straight after!