Profile for Mr. C. M. Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. M. Williams

Mr. C. M. Williams

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Excess Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield: Bad Company 2, a 'Fun' Game, 21 Jun. 2012
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a repeat purchase for me having previously owned it. I 'traded' it in to acquire Battlefield 3, equally an amazing game. However, Battlefield 3 lacks a sense of fun. It's too focused upon realism it looses this essence of silly fun! An amazing game, I would completely recommend it.

Crysis 2 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Crysis 2 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly Stunning, the Perfect Replacement for COD, 1 April 2011
I had high expectations for Crysis 2, after seeing the first game in the series reviews and gameplay, despite not owning it (a PC exclusive). I had always marveled at the stunning visuals, sandbox destructibility and attention to detail. This evident within the first few minutes of Crysis 1. As soon as a multi-platform Crysis 2 was announced I was salivating, watching and reading everything about the game until release date. I was therefore disappointed to hear it had been pushed back to 2011, subsequently I spent my money on other games. The game slipped underneath my radar, until the day before release when I saw an advertisement. I'm usually one to spend my money wisely, but this time I just bought it. Boy has the money been rewarding, from the first few seconds of the cinematic style sequence, breathtaking visuals as hoped, and adrenaline. This is a fast paced action thriller, but the only one really to keep it's pace and sustain a need to think tactically. Thus creating epic fast paced moments as you rush in on enemies, or slow paced moments when you sneak behind one for a stealth kill. From the start you are equipped with a 'Nanosuit', now I won't spoil how you get it, but it's a gaming 'moment'. This Nanosuit gives you incredible alien like abilities of, power, stealth, and armor. They all do what you'd expect them to do, with stealth cloaking you almost invisible, armor providing that extra, well... armor!? Lastly power, which allows you to do super human leaps into the air, the ability to create a crater in the ground with your fist, or to pick up and throw anything (including enemies). Crytek manage to keep all this in check when it comes to Multiplayer, with no easy unbalancing with perks and such. Keeping your Nanosuit abilities dumbed down with a energy bar, it means you have to be creative for when and how you use the Nanosuit. All in all, a stunning game that does everything I asked it to do, and more. This isn't a one time play through and your done, it's one that'll keep you coming back and back with it's multiplayer and campaign. Nothing can match it.

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Firefight Brilliant, Don't get this for Singleplayer Though., 2 April 2010
The Campaign was terrific, although very short. For me not so much as I take breaks between playing. The atmosphere is tense, and doesn't feel like any Halo I have played before. I like the other fact that it is easier to die in this game, and the difficulty settings fit perfectly for your ability. Paced Halo action at its best, with a more methodical deep feeling of, being one in a million in a war against evil. Multiplayer is much like Halo 3, but if you haven't played Halo 3 before,(like me) then this is as good as it gets with all previous map packs free. Halo 3 Operation Drop Shock Trooper is a brilliant game, you have to have a second controller for firefight mode so you can play with your friends and an internet connection. Otherwise, if you have neither of what just stated then don't get it. Still make sure you know what your missing out on and save up!!

Mass Effect (PC DVD)
Mass Effect (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Mass Effect the best an RPG can get, 26 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Mass Effect (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
this game is as good as an rpg can get and can run on low spec computers as well!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (PC DVD)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 17 Nov. 2009
This game is an absolute jem, although my experiences' with the keyboard aren't great so i'm yet to discover the real gameplay. However i can happily say that the graphics are brilliant, stunning from head to tail. Tail?
I love the net graphics and the commentary. Sometimes i forget that the commentary isn't live! Although some bits have been repeated now more and more as i play the game. Marster league is the best single player option in my opinion, with great manigerial and tactical options plus you get to play a whole season with one club. So why do a cup when you can do a marster league. Become a legend is much the same as last year i've heard and in truthfull it is.
Overall with a good patch for all the kits and logos', this game is the complete package. Plus it's a lot better than Fifa 10 on the pc. Never used to go with PES but this is defiantly worth getting and will be keeping me ocupied until the next release.