Profile for cardifflandlord > Reviews

Content by cardifflandlord

cardifflandlord

Confessions of a TV Newsman: Broadcasters behaving really badly in the Golden Age of ITV

5.0 out of 5 stars very, very funny, 11 Dec. 2013
Thanks Ron, my Mum Barbara Abel would have loved this book and the memories about you and Stuart!, Julian Abel

And to My Nephew Albert I Leave the Island What I Won Off Fatty Hagan in a Poker Game
by David Forrest

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read!, 4 Aug. 2011
An inspired novel that I always thought would make a great comedy film.

Read it many times now - book seller gave me a very strange look when I ordered it a decade or so ago. I now have wonderful 1st edition, with two covers and a binder. It's not going anywhere so you will have to get your own copy!

Love it love it love it!

Soil Festivities
Soil Festivities
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Vangelis at his very best, 14 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Soil Festivities (Audio CD)
The first time I heard this magnificent album was in Spillers Records in Cardiff (the recognised oldest record shop in the world) back in the early 1980's, and each listening evokes huge memories from that fantastic decade. Hugely atmospheric this album should be enjoyed with the lights out, volume set on high and with a large glass of something warming in the hand. This is what HiFi and expensive headphones were invented for - Vangelis and his keyboards at their very best.

The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan Book 3)
The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Different plotline to the original book, 14 Jan. 2011
I love Tom Clancy's work. I've read The Hunt For Red October countless times in it's paperback form and was so looking forward to reading the kindle version. Bitterly dissapointed with the download version though as it misses out huge swathes of the plotline and the spelling mistakes are terrible. If the Kindle books are abridged or altered in plot line then they should IMHO advise you before buying.

If you have not read the book in it's previous forms then it is still a good yarn but this has put me off buying the other Kindle versions of Clancy's work.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2016 1:54 PM GMT