Profile for Bourne Wheeler > Reviews

Content by Bourne Wheeler

Bourne Wheeler (Lincolnshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Edible Garden: How to Have Your Garden and Eat It
The Edible Garden: How to Have Your Garden and Eat It
by Alys Fowler

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent read, 14 Sept. 2010
I wonder if the BBC realise just what a gem they have in Alys Fowler. This book is a great follow up to her edible gardens BBC series and though I cannot find the DVD available at present, the book is eminently readable. Alys' style comes over extremely well and she makes everything she writes about so easy. I was fascinated by the lavender biscuits recipe...and if I can make them perfect from scratch, then anyone can.
I love all Alys' work and I wish her much success. I keep on reading and re-reading her books and look forward to the next TV series or book.

Party Animals: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] [2007]
Party Animals: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Patrick Baladi
Offered by babsbargains - *Domestic, EU & International Shipping*

4.0 out of 5 stars a very good 'watch', 14 Sept. 2010
I bought this dvd as a result of wanting to watch a more serious political drama. I love 'The Thick of It' but that is comedy, however much it is based upon reality. Party Animals does have some comedic moments but in terms of it being a gripping drama it isn't, bit it is still highly watchable, hence the four stars, not five. Watching one of the central characters descend slowly into alcohol dependency is a reminder of the stresses and strains that our MP's can suffer with the destruction of their own home life due to long working hours.
I still recommend it most highly and cannot understand why I missed it when it was first broadcast.
Matt Smith is also eminently watchable

Who Do You Think You Are - Series 5 [DVD]
Who Do You Think You Are - Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars simply outstanding...that's all I can say, 21 Jan. 2010
This is another of the long running and highly watchable series of family ancestry delving deeply into the background and ancestry of well known folk. I have watched every one of all the series as they were broadcast on TV and I have been awaiting the release of this Series 5 for such a long time. If you watch just one episode it is the Jerry Springer one. OK I am not a fan of his trashy TV shows...BUT look past this as he has an incredibally touching and in many ways upsetting family history that he has to contend with. And the last few minutes, without giving the 'game' away are so moving and tearful that it will pull at every emotion you possess. Similarly Jodie Kidd's episode is wonderful and a trail of personal and family discovery. O cannot recommend this series 5 more strongly.

D DAY 65th Anniversary Collection [DVD]
D DAY 65th Anniversary Collection [DVD]
Offered by JPG Enterprises UK

5.0 out of 5 stars D Day...outstanding, 9 July 2009
a truly outstanding collection of material...extremely worthwj=hile watching and will be watched again and again if not for the heroism but for the way in which the Germans were comletely fooled

Paul McCartney in Red Square [DVD] [2005]
Paul McCartney in Red Square [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Paul Mccartney
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic McCartney, 9 Jun. 2009
Macca goes on getting better and better...don't care what the so called critics say...he is a legend who is able to suit his music to the world and change styles at ease...he's never been a one hit wonder sort of musician...and unlike so-called stars of today...he can at least play all the instruments he uses

if you are looking for an outstanding DVD of Macca's abilities...or just want to chill out to a fantastic concert...I cannot recommend this DVD highly enough...when watched with the Space within US tour also...makes the world seem somehow a better place and restores one's faith in people who try to do things for the benefit of those that enjoy his music...

Beyond Imagination
Beyond Imagination
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect music to listen and relax to, 10 May 2009
This review is from: Beyond Imagination (Audio CD)
Every track...and yes I mean every track has special meaning to me...but Beyond Imagination, the title track is just pure genius and the vocal harmonies are some of the best i have heard
Buy it, play it and relax into a new world

M*A*S*H - Season 11 (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1982]
M*A*S*H - Season 11 (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Alan Alda

5.0 out of 5 stars Mash...the best, 10 May 2009
The last series...why did I get this...well for years I had missed always by accident the last series and of course the final episodes. When I saw it I knew I had to have it and it is as good as I knew it would be...they don't make them like this any more....highly recommended

Track Down Your Ancestors: How to Research Your Family History Using Archives and the Internet
by Estelle Catlett

5.0 out of 5 stars family historu made simple, 10 May 2009
This is just 'THE book to have and to learn from as a complete novice like myself. Yes there are loads of others out there but they can get too complicated...this one shows easy 'how to' steps and packed full of internet resources.
Highly recommended purchase for the family history novice

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian Original Soundtrack
The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian Original Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars music to relax to, 23 Feb. 2009
As a complete Narnia fan I can find little in the way to criticise this album. Firstly it is a stunning portrayal of the film and although purists will moan that some of the themes are taken from the original album, don't be dissuaded from buying this album. The final sets of scores, particularly The Call by Regina Spektor will just seep into and under your skin and help you drift away to your own personal Narnian world. The Call has its own particular meaning for me and if you listen carefully to the words you may understand. I have no problem with you messaging me to ask or to tell me what you think my reasons are.
Sit or lie back, relax and drift into Narnia.....just SUPERB
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2017 9:41 PM BST

Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by Keepersdeane

5.0 out of 5 stars sit back, relax and be stunned, 23 Feb. 2009
What can I say about Teachers 1-4. Well I have been after the complete set for some time now and always watched the series when they were on C4. As a teacher myself the humour is anarchic and subtle at times BUT overall non teachers will find it very amusing. OK the 3rd and 4th series did start to get a little stretched in the plot lines and in series 4 why did 3 of the characters begin the 1st episode by having their graves shown. No explanation given as to why they were dead. I won't say who they are. Teachers themselves may well pick hole after hole in the series...BUT take it at face value...AND as a teacher myself many of the plot lines have certain sympathies with REAL LIFE.
Series One/Two on their own is worth watching just for Andrew Lincoln.
Sit back watch, relax and accept what you are watching. Then after watching the entire 4 series...wait a week and watch again and then again...I guarantee the subtle humour will make its way into your head.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3