Profile for Ian > Reviews

Content by Ian

Ian

ODRVM Bicycle Light Kit, 1000LM USB Rechargeable Waterproof Bike Headlight Built-in 4800MAH Battery, Cree LED Bicycle Lights with Free Taillight for Cycling, Hunting, Hiking, Camping, etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design. A light to last the ages., 28 Dec. 2016
This is a very well designed product. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into the design. It's made of good quality materials. Boasts decent waterproofing. It very conveniently sits in and pulls out (no buttons need to be pressed - you just pull it off). The light is the brightest I've used and the internal battery is easily charged up through a usb cable. If your looking to save battery (or not blind pedestrians) there are different levels of brightness. You turn it on/off by holding down the power button - and you cycle through brightness modes by pressing that very same button. This is another welcome design feature. You don't have to turn the light off by cycling through different modes (as with many other torches). You simply hold the power button down & voila!

In short, this is a bike light designed to last. It is very convenient & incredibly bright. It also doubles as a hand torch for camping/festivals etc. It is, quite simply, a pleasure to use.

[Best Portable Laptop Sleeve Ever] AMNIE Herringbone Woollen Water-resistant 11-11.6 Inch Laptop Sleeve Case Bag/ MacBooks Sleeve Case Bag / Notebook Computer Case / Netbook Sleeve Case Bag / Briefcase Carrying Bag / Ultrabook Laptop Tablet Bag Case / Pouch Cover / Skin Cover, Black
Offered by AMNIE-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the Dell XPS 13 (2015), 26 Aug. 2015
I bought this case for a new Dell XPS 13 (2015). I was a little reluctant at first, as the width of the Dell (widescreen) was a little beyond the internal dimensions of the case (the 11-11.6 inch version). I couldn't find a Dell XPS 13 review here and was a little reluctant to purchase (all the other dell specific sleeves are U.G.L.Y!), so I decided to share my experience here.

The Dell does fit in the sleeve! It is a very snug fit, as the sleeve has to sacrifice a little depth to account for the widescreen. Putting the Dell in base first (the way your expected to for the power port to align with that little zip) was a little too difficult for convenience sake. The base of the dell has a little more depth, along with the rubber on the bottom, makes for a difficult in/out - not what you want for a sleeve.

I decided to try it the other way (front first, so the power port is as the top of the sleeve), and much to my delight, it slipped in and out very nicely. The main zip was also easy to do up (easier to just zip one side over and leave the other one). It is still a snug fit however, so snug, you wont be able to get a power cable in that front pocket with the laptop in there - but imo, that isn't a problem. You don't want ac power adaptors in a sleeve when you drop it on the floor - they'll only concentrate the force to a point. No, all I want is a HDMI cable in that pocket, and that fits in nicely with the Dell XPS 13.

Overall very pleased. It is a great product. Great protection (all corners), a nice texture, smooth interior (no scratches - just watch those zips), quite stylish and a good quality material. Best of all - it can fit the Dell XPS 13, if you place it front first.

Skinomi TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S III Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Skinomi, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen protector I ever had!, 15 Mar. 2013
I can rarely be bothered to give reviews on products, but this screen protector was just so damn good I couldn't help myself.

From the moment I received opened the box, I was intrigued and impressed by the variety and presentation of the things inside. Immediately facing up at you is this strange solution - I'll admit that made me a bit worried and I was initially put off by the number of instructions - just to apply a screen protector! So I decided I would make time for application in the evening.

I found a video on you-tube describing the application (just google skinomi application screen protector). This was much more clearer than the step-by-step textual instructions. I cleaned my hands with a nearby towel, and followed the instructions religiously.

A few hours later, the screen is crystal clear with no defects whatsoever. The screen is smooth and easy on the finger. Whats more, my precious pixels are protected via the in built UV filter layer.

I am using this protector in conjunction with an ottobox providing the best protection possible for my Galaxy S3 so that is may last me for many many happy years.

Products like this deserve all the praise (and sales numbers) they get. The protector is as innovative and brilliant as the Galaxy itself (and that's saying something). A top product for a top phone!

The Definitive Guide to HTML5
The Definitive Guide to HTML5
by Adam Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Adam Freeman!, 29 Nov. 2012
What a book! What a tome! This comprehensive resource for HTML5 & CSS3 is a truly formidable undertaking. It successfully explains a huge spectrum of of the web development jungle, in a consistent, thoughtful & accessible style. Sure enough, the examples are ugly as ever, but the functionality is well illustrated.

A gods end for beginners and professionals alike, this book is the one you'll turn to again and again for the next two or so years - thank you Adam Freeman. This is what I've been looking for.