Profile for Happy user > Reviews

Happy user (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Living Yogacara: An Introduction to Consciousness-Only Buddhism
Living Yogacara: An Introduction to Consciousness-Only Buddhism

5.0 out of 5 stars This book contains a deceptively simple explosion of a very ..., 30 May 2015
This book contains a deceptively simple explosion of a very complex subject. After reading each chapter, you have to stop and ponder its implications. I found it to be a lucid and informative read. It changed the way I saw myself and others - and also the way I interact with them. One of the more rewarding books I have ever read.

Just An Excuse To Play The Blues
Just An Excuse To Play The Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct. 2014
If you like Carlton, buy it.

Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8, Pathetique
Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8, Pathetique

5.0 out of 5 stars It shows what a wonderful composer Beethoven was, 19 Oct. 2014
This is superb. It shows what a wonderful composer Beethoven was, and what a wonderful pianist Hiromi is!

Sapphire Blue
Sapphire Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sapphire Blue (MP3 Download)
If you like Larry Carlton, buy it.

Nagarjuna's Madhyamaka: A Philosophical Introduction
Nagarjuna's Madhyamaka: A Philosophical Introduction
by Jan Westerhoff

4.0 out of 5 stars You probably need to have read Nagarjuna's Fundamental wisdom of ..., 19 Oct. 2014
You probably need to have read Nagarjuna's Fundamental wisdom of the Middle way before reading this book. This volume is thought-provoking, but hard going.

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lens - don't use it much, 19 Oct. 2014
Good lens - don't use it much. I find that the 18-105 gives me more control over what I am trying to say. If you want to produce only 'realistic' perspectives, it is ideal, but I found that the 18-105 was better for street photography in Oslo. Just my personal opinion :-)

Impro (Performance Books): Improvisation and the Theatre
Impro (Performance Books): Improvisation and the Theatre
by Keith Johnstone

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a cracking read. I have nothing to ..., 19 Oct. 2014
This is a cracking read. I have nothing to do with the acting profession, and very little interest in it. But if you want an hilarious read and you want to improve your funniness, this is the book for you.

The Perfection of Wisdom (Wheel Series,)
The Perfection of Wisdom (Wheel Series,)
by Edward Conze

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, but astonishing repetitive and tedious, 19 Oct. 2014
Beautifully written, but astonishing repetitive and tedious. If you read the first four or five chapters, the rest is redundant.

The Central Philosophy of Buddhism: A study of the Madhyamika system
The Central Philosophy of Buddhism: A study of the Madhyamika system
by T. R. V. Murti

5.0 out of 5 stars Murti gives the best account of the subject that I have ever read, 19 Oct. 2014
This book is for the advanced student of Buddhism: Madhyamika philosophy is not simple by any means. I think it would be impossible to understand this without having read Nagarjuna's fundamental wisdom of the middle way. Even then, it is a tough undertaking. Murti gives the best account of the subject that I have ever read, but it is mentally taxing and mentally tiring. I don't feel that I need to read any other books on the subject, having read this one.

SanDisk (SDSDU-032G-FFP) 32 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FRUSTRATION-FREE, 21 Sept. 2014
Actually, this card was not "frustration-free". It would only write 29 photos very slowly in my D7100 before it stopped working altogether. However, you can download 'SDFormatter' from the internet, and reformat the card, using it. Since I did that, the card has performed admirably, in a 'frustration-free' manner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6