Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 428

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Veet Sensitive Precision Beauty Styler Gift Pack
Veet Sensitive Precision Beauty Styler Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price., 6 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Makes a great gift. Really good Stocking filler with Christmas on its way. Offers good value for money with lots of tools and features for very few bucks. My niece loved it. Recommended.

Advertising By Design: Generating and Designing Creative Ideas Across Media, Third Edition
by Robin Landa

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 23 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really good, thoroughly thought out, lovingly presented book. Nicely put together and beautifully presented. A must read for anyone doing advertising (or rather, who THINK they're doing advertising). Graphic designers take note.

Tefal Temperature Control Kettle, 3000 W
Tefal Temperature Control Kettle, 3000 W

4.0 out of 5 stars To much kettle for me., 27 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Too complicated for my tastes. This is just too much kettle. I don't drink a huge variety of different types of tea or coffee so I only really need one temperature. Hot.

Also, the lid is fiddly, the base bulky, and replacement filters expensive.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer my more simple kettle. Hit the switch. Job done.

The Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Raw Paleo Bars, Pack of 18
The Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Raw Paleo Bars, Pack of 18

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really tasty!, 2 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yum!!! These are really, really tasty and perfect for anyone following a paleo diet (or just after a tasty snack)

Their texture is soft and chewy (a bit like a fig roll) and the main bar is speckled with crush nuts throught it's centre.

Really tasty - I'll be buying these myself in the future.

Maximuscle Cyclone High Protein and Creatine Bar, 60 g - Peanut Butter, Pack of 12

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste and texture were a bit disappointing, 5 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were slightly disappointing to be honest. I expected them to taste like peanut butter or Reeses cupcakes, but there wasn't much of a peanut flavour going on here at all.

Worst of all though was the texture. I found the texture of the bars to be quite tough and not very chewy. It wasn't an enjoyable experience to eat.

Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s Rechargeable Cordless Wet and Dry Electric Shaver/Razor for Men - Blue
Offered by Ozaroo UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly near to 4 stars., 18 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have mixed feelings about this shaver and here they are, nearly laid out in pros and cons for you...

Pros:
• Looks great - lovely colour scheme. Very manly
• Feels great - feels well-built, sturdy and robust. Very manly

Cons:
• Not the greatest shave - it worked fine but, I don't know... Can't quite put my finger on it. I've had better shavers
• Hated the fact you had to take the shaver head of to use the other attachments. This made a little tidy up of the sideburns a right hassle. Other shavers I had had a little pop up blade which was quicker and easier to use.
• Huge plug! Massive! Never seen anything like it! Stuck out about three inches from the wall
• Came with a bag which was useless. Couldn't fit the shaver in or all of its components. Major disappointment.
• Really, really need a case to keep the shaver heads in.

Overall, this is an OK shaver but things about it will annoy you. Shame, as with the addition of a few other bits and bobs it could have been really good.

Cressi Action, Gopro Dive Mask, Snorkel Mask Camera
Cressi Action, Gopro Dive Mask, Snorkel Mask Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids' size but brill!, 18 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having worked for an NGO which protects sharks, Cressi is a name I'm familiar with. And if you're not, let me assure you they are a quality water sport brand.

This mask didn't disappoint, although it is suited to children rather than adults imo as I found it quite small. That said, it looks great and feels awesome.

Your GoPro camera is easily fixed just about the mask's lenses via the mount and is screwed in place in the usual way Go Pros are attached to their different mounts.

Great fun. Great quality. And the inclusion of a hard case to protect your goggles is a nice little addition.

Snan Car Vacuum Cleaner 12 V/100 W with Accessories Black
Snan Car Vacuum Cleaner 12 V/100 W with Accessories Black

1.0 out of 5 stars It sucks., 18 Jan. 2017
I have wanted a car vacuum for a while and so when given this one free in exchange for an honest review I was quite excited. I wasn't expecting much from it, as it is cheap, but sadly, it stilled managed to disappoint.

On opening the box - all seemed well. Things were a little cheap and plasticity, but that was to be expected and 1st impressions were that this wasn't much different from a handheld Vax unit I had a few year ago... Accept it is powered by a car cigarette lighter.

What let's it down are, firstly, the attachments; there are too many and the ones you'll want to use most can only be attached with the hose which makes using the unit awkward.

Worst of all though is the suction. Or lack thereof.

It took me about 5 minutes to hoover out one footwell and about 3 minutes to hoover down the side of my seat as the Hoover just wouldn't suck up the dirt. My car was only lightly soiled so it wasn't as if it was a tough job.

In the end I didn't bother Hoovering the rest out. I value my Sunday's too much. The final thing that annoyed me was it took about 10 minutes to get the power lead back into its hidden compartment (which I immediately knew would be the case when I took it out).

I'm sorry to say I really wouldn't recommend this item.

easyGopro Bathroom Toilet Stool, Ergonomic Step 7.5 Inch / 19cm - One Size Fits Most - White

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but I'm a little disappointed, 16 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While I'm convinced the idea behind this stool (no pun intended) is correct it failed to work as well as I'd hoped. In fact, I've noticed very little difference in my ability to poo.

Also, while the stool is well made, I don't think it has been designed very well. It's good quality, very sturdy, and has a little rubber trim so it doesn't slip - but it is literally a stool which has been design to be like a stool for standing on, when really the footrest should be at an angle; this would make it much more comfortable to use when on the throne.

There's a little notch cut out, so it slips under the toilet out if the way but I doubt I'll be leaving it out for guests to see and ask questions about.

It would make a great stool for teaching kids how to go to the toilet properly though.

Bovril Mug Gift Set
Bovril Mug Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, to be honest., 2 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Bovril Mug Gift Set (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little gift for the Bovril lover in your life. Personally, I can't stand the stuff but my sister absolutely loves it; I also understand many footie fans do too.

What you get is a nicely presented box containing a jar of Bovril and an old fashioned, army-style tin cup emblazoned with the Bovril brand.

All in all, I think this is a really nice little stocking filler.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20