Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 320

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Paleo Bars 45 g (Pack of 18)
Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Paleo Bars 45 g (Pack of 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really tasty!, 2 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yum!!! These are really, really tasty and perfect for anyone following a paleo diet (or just after a tasty snack)

Their texture is soft and chewy (a bit like a fig roll) and the main bar is speckled with crush nuts throught it's centre.

Really tasty - I'll be buying these myself in the future.

Maximuscle Cyclone High Protein and Creatine Bar, 60 g - Peanut Butter, Pack of 12

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste and texture were a bit disappointing, 5 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were slightly disappointing to be honest. I expected them to taste like peanut butter or Reeses cupcakes, but there wasn't much of a peanut flavour going on here at all.

Worst of all though was the texture. I found the texture of the bars to be quite tough and not very chewy. It wasn't an enjoyable experience to eat.

Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s Rechargeable Cordless Wet and Dry Electric Shaver/Razor for Men - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly near to 4 stars., 18 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have mixed feelings about this shaver and here they are, nearly laid out in pros and cons for you...

Pros:
• Looks great - lovely colour scheme. Very manly
• Feels great - feels well-built, sturdy and robust. Very manly

Cons:
• Not the greatest shave - it worked fine but, I don't know... Can't quite put my finger on it. I've had better shavers
• Hated the fact you had to take the shaver head of to use the other attachments. This made a little tidy up of the sideburns a right hassle. Other shavers I had had a little pop up blade which was quicker and easier to use.
• Huge plug! Massive! Never seen anything like it! Stuck out about three inches from the wall
• Came with a bag which was useless. Couldn't fit the shaver in or all of its components. Major disappointment.
• Really, really need a case to keep the shaver heads in.

Overall, this is an OK shaver but things about it will annoy you. Shame, as with the addition of a few other bits and bobs it could have been really good.

Cressi Action, Gopro Dive Mask, Snorkel Mask Camera
Cressi Action, Gopro Dive Mask, Snorkel Mask Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids' size but brill!, 18 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having worked for an NGO which protects sharks, Cressi is a name I'm familiar with. And if you're not, let me assure you they are a quality water sport brand.

This mask didn't disappoint, although it is suited to children rather than adults imo as I found it quite small. That said, it looks great and feels awesome.

Your GoPro camera is easily fixed just about the mask's lenses via the mount and is screwed in place in the usual way Go Pros are attached to their different mounts.

Great fun. Great quality. And the inclusion of a hard case to protect your goggles is a nice little addition.

Snan Car Vacuum Cleaner 12 V/100 W with Accessories Black
Snan Car Vacuum Cleaner 12 V/100 W with Accessories Black

1.0 out of 5 stars It sucks., 18 Jan. 2017
I have wanted a car vacuum for a while and so when given this one free in exchange for an honest review I was quite excited. I wasn't expecting much from it, as it is cheap, but sadly, it stilled managed to disappoint.

On opening the box - all seemed well. Things were a little cheap and plasticity, but that was to be expected and 1st impressions were that this wasn't much different from a handheld Vax unit I had a few year ago... Accept it is powered by a car cigarette lighter.

What let's it down are, firstly, the attachments; there are too many and the ones you'll want to use most can only be attached with the hose which makes using the unit awkward.

Worst of all though is the suction. Or lack thereof.

It took me about 5 minutes to hoover out one footwell and about 3 minutes to hoover down the side of my seat as the Hoover just wouldn't suck up the dirt. My car was only lightly soiled so it wasn't as if it was a tough job.

In the end I didn't bother Hoovering the rest out. I value my Sunday's too much. The final thing that annoyed me was it took about 10 minutes to get the power lead back into its hidden compartment (which I immediately knew would be the case when I took it out).

I'm sorry to say I really wouldn't recommend this item.

easyGopro 7.5 Inch White One Size Most Ergonomic Toilet Stool
easyGopro 7.5 Inch White One Size Most Ergonomic Toilet Stool

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but I'm a little disappointed, 16 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While I'm convinced the idea behind this stool (no pun intended) is correct it failed to work as well as I'd hoped. In fact, I've noticed very little difference in my ability to poo.

Also, while the stool is well made, I don't think it has been designed very well. It's good quality, very sturdy, and has a little rubber trim so it doesn't slip - but it is literally a stool which has been design to be like a stool for standing on, when really the footrest should be at an angle; this would make it much more comfortable to use when on the throne.

There's a little notch cut out, so it slips under the toilet out if the way but I doubt I'll be leaving it out for guests to see and ask questions about.

It would make a great stool for teaching kids how to go to the toilet properly though.

Bovril Mug Gift Set
Bovril Mug Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, to be honest., 2 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Bovril Mug Gift Set (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little gift for the Bovril lover in your life. Personally, I can't stand the stuff but my sister absolutely loves it; I also understand many footie fans do too.

What you get is a nicely presented box containing a jar of Bovril and an old fashioned, army-style tin cup emblazoned with the Bovril brand.

All in all, I think this is a really nice little stocking filler.

Nuzest 10 x 25 g Clean Lean Protein Variety/ Travel PackSachets
Nuzest 10 x 25 g Clean Lean Protein Variety/ Travel PackSachets

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me... to expensive., 16 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this protein powder though the Amazon Vine programme because I often use supplements to compliment the work I put in at the gym, however, on arrival it was quickly apparent this protein powder wan't really aimed at people like me.

I think it's meant as more of a diet supplement as opposed to a workout aid, and appears to be aimed at Vegans and marketed more towards the trendy Shoreditch hipster crowd. In fact, the package specifically states this powder as being for people on a Paleo, Halal, Vegan, Kosher and children. Nothing wrong with that - as long as you don't stick a massive premium on the price.

In my opinion the price of these make them unstable to use. They suggest using 2 to 3 packets a day, and at over £20 for 10 packs... well, you do the maths.

Leaving price out of the equation though. How does the product stack up? Well, you get about the same amount of protein in each serving as you would normally in other brands like Maxi-Muscle etc. (round about 20g), and the flavours are Smooth Vanilla, Rich Chocolate, Creamy Cappuccino and Wild Strawberry; as usual, these natural flavours have been replicated with varying degrees of success and it will be a matter for each individual to decide for themselves whether or not they like them.

So - style over substance in my opinion. I'm not sure this product is different or special enough for regular use. But then again, if money's not object...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2016 6:03 PM GMT

Game of Thrones Risk board game - Skirmish Edition
Game of Thrones Risk board game - Skirmish Edition
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars A risky twist that works!, 8 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Item arrived and is well presented. If you know Risk, you'll know it's an absolute classic of a game - this time given the Game Of Thrones twist.

Playing it now with my flat mates and it works much better than previous Risk franchises.

For instance, I bought the Star Wars version of Risk which just didn't work. This seems a much better fit.

This time the marketers' gamble paid off and you're not left with a sub-par game.

Choose your house and go to war. If you're new to Risk, it's not a quick and easy game - but a investment of time pays dividends. Great fun, works the grey matter and this would make an ideal Christmas gift.

In fact, my boss was eyeing it up before I left work for home. Had he tried to take it, I'd have put him to the sword though and cut his head of Ned Stark style.

VetIQ Urinary Care Paste 100g Maintains a healthy urinary tract and helps dissolve struvite urinary crystals and stones

3.0 out of 5 stars My cat just wouldn't eat it., 6 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, I can't really rate or review this product as the cat I'd hoped would use it, won't touch it. Mind you, he is a very fussy eater at the best of times.

I've tried in in wet food, dry food and even his favourite - tins of Tuna. He just won't eat it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2017 3:58 PM GMT