Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 231
Helpful Votes: 12015

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Salter Slow Cook Electronic Timer
Salter Slow Cook Electronic Timer
Offered by HoMedics Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy little item., 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite a cool little product. Nothing fancy but it comes in useful. Very simple to use with hour, minute and second buttons, along with start and stop.

It has a stand at the back which flips out so you can rest it on your kitchen worktop, but I tuck it in and use the two magnets to attach it to my extractor fan.

All in all - I like it and think I'll end up using it a lot.

Salter MaxView Body Fat Analyser Scale
Salter MaxView Body Fat Analyser Scale

2.0 out of 5 stars Going down hill, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure what's going on with Salter recently? They used to make good products but the last few set of scales I've been sent for review which have been manufactured by them have been rubbish and given unreliable readings.

These scales have a good range of features but sadly they're all pretty useless because you can't trust the readings.

These scales also suffer from a problem that a lot of the other BMI scales I've revised suffer from: they're rather complicated to set up and use.

AmazonBasics 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4
AmazonBasics 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but pretty cool., 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm unable to see a price for this item at the time of review so won't be able to give a very good review, as that, in my opinion is critical and has great bearing on things.

However, that said, this collection is from the Amazin Basics range so I'll assume it's a budget set - and if that is indeed the case, then I think it's pretty good.

You get 4 plain white bowls, saucers/side plates, cups and plates. Nothing fancy but completely acceptable. The plates and saucers have a slight dip/lip in them so will keep juices and gravies from spelling off.

For around £15 to £20 (which I'm guessing would be about the price)this is a pretty good set of basic but quite cool plates and bowls.

Salter Aquatronic Electronic Platform Scale, White
Salter Aquatronic Electronic Platform Scale, White
Offered by Dawson's Department Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance. Lack accuracy., 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Disappointing. While this sort of scales or small compact and easy to use they lacked accuracy making them nearly useless. Are used them to measure out my daily food diet however I just couldn't trust the readings. Also to be honest I wasn't really fan of the looks either. My advice would be to look elsewhere if you're after a pair of kitchen scales.

Patimax Long Lasting Premium Ultra Clumping Cat Litter
Patimax Long Lasting Premium Ultra Clumping Cat Litter

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, good., 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Up until now I've used cats best Oko Plus cat litter in my cats' trays since they're were kittens, so I was a little uneasy about trying this as I'd heard cats can be funny when you change their litter (something to do with them not liking the strange new texture under their paws), but luckily it wasn't an issue. They thought it odd and new but got down to business when the time came.

After that, the litter performed as you'd hope. It clumped OK, absorbed moisture and I'd be happy to use it again. It is made up of very fine grains (much smaller than cats best) so is suitable for self cleaning litter boxes.

Russell Hobbs 22522 Auto Steam Pro Ceramic Iron, 2400 W - White and Blue
Russell Hobbs 22522 Auto Steam Pro Ceramic Iron, 2400 W - White and Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good enough., 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a no frills iron that does the job, looks OK and is yours for a fairly reasonable price. The finish on the item isn't the best (it is a bit cheap and plastic in places) but I like the lines and the look of it; they make it look like a much more expensive object. Colour is a matter of personal preference but I'm not sure I like the one they went for here.

I'm not an iron expert, but this seems to work fine. It does what I want, has the basic features I want, plus a few extra which I'll never use. This is a slightly flashier version of another iron they make as is has an upgraded ceramic plate. Verdict: for the price - yeah, it's, OK.

SecureTrek 17"/43.3cm Laptop Overnight Roller
SecureTrek 17"/43.3cm Laptop Overnight Roller

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome!, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I actually love this thing. There's something about a good bag that I find sexy - like a decent pair of trainers or a new coat, they're an accessory which I rather enjoy from a perspective of design. And this suitcase, while not to my usual tastes (I'm more of a backpack bag type flier), I did like.

There were lots of cool pockets and compartments, which for some reason, appeal to the child in me, and more grown-up gadgets like special travel locks and anti-thief zippers.

Good quality, solid and reliable. This is a brilliant bag for frequent fliers wanting the best.

Russell Hobbs 22520 Auto Steam Pro Non-Stick Iron, 2400 W - White and Red
Russell Hobbs 22520 Auto Steam Pro Non-Stick Iron, 2400 W - White and Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and does the job., 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a no frills iron that does the job, looks OK and is yours for a fairly reasonable price. The finish on the item isn't the best (it is a bit cheap and plastic in places) but I like the lines and the look of it; they make it look like a much more expensive object. The colour is a matter of personal preference but the deep maroon doesn't look too bad either.

I'm not an iron expert, but it seems to work well. At least to me. It does what I want, has the basic features I want, plus a few extra which I'll never use. Verdict: for the price - not bad.

Warrior 900 g Lemon Cheesecake Equilibrium
Warrior 900 g Lemon Cheesecake Equilibrium

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice flavour. Good texture., 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tastes like heaven. Really like the Lemon Cheesecake flavour. The texture is nice too; I use a shaker to make mine after workouts and there were no clumps, just a nice smooth drink.

Raqpak Stuff Sack Set of 4 Lightweight Travel Drawstring Bags for Luggage and Backpacking Outdoors (Green)
Offered by Grabbits

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy items and good value for money., 17 April 2016
Not a bad set of stuff sacks these. In case you're wondering (which I was), you get all of them in a set - you get a range of sizes. They're not dry bags as they have a mesh side, but this means you can seewhatsin them. All in all, handy items and good value for money!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20