Profile for GMA > Reviews

GMA

My Very Favourite Nursery Rhyme Record
My Very Favourite Nursery Rhyme Record

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recording, 3 July 2013
We had this as an L.P when our children were small and I was delighted to find it available for our grandchildren..it is a fabulous and great recording ....children's music is so often awful...this is a delight from start to finish and I even put it on in the car when it is just me!

A Kind Man
A Kind Man
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent novella, 3 Mar. 2011
This review is from: A Kind Man (Hardcover)
This is yet another beautifully written sparse book by the author. Her ability to draw you into the world she creates is exceptional. Though the plot line did not develop as I had imagined and where it differed will be obvious when you read it, I think she managed to stay on the right side of fanciful. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys lyrical writing.

The Maul and the Pear Tree: The Ratcliffe Highway Murders 1811
The Maul and the Pear Tree: The Ratcliffe Highway Murders 1811
by P. D. James

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 5 Jan. 2011
I thought this book was an interesting insight to the murders but having read the Mr Reacher book on a similar subject I thought that was the more interesting approach.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 2:37 PM BST