Profile for Essexboy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Morphy Richards 221107 Chroma 2 Slice Toaster, Cream
Morphy Richards 221107 Chroma 2 Slice Toaster, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, 3 April 2017
Great toaster, and it looks good. I also have the matching kettle which is also really good. Toast is nice and evenly browned, as much as any toaster ever can, and certainly much better than others I have had.

Morphy Richards 101207 Chroma Jug Kettle, Cream
Morphy Richards 101207 Chroma Jug Kettle, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kettle yet, 3 April 2017
Love this kettle. Looks great, lid works fine, boils fast, and most importantly, switches off as soon as it get to boiling point, not a few seconds later like some kettles I have had. Heating element is concealed. Only slight downside is it is not as easy to read the water level as on some kettles. Would buy again. Also have the matching toaster which also works great.

Solar Garden Light,Homecube 360° Rotating Solar Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights Waterproof 24 LED Garden Spotlight / Wall Lighting with Dual Head and USB Cable (White Light)
Offered by Homecube UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Impressed!, 3 April 2017
Seriously impressed with this at the moment. Wanted extra source of light by my front door to help finding keyhole in the dark. I have this set so it gives a background light most of the time but lights up brightly when it detects movement. Gives plenty of light for my purpose, much more than I had expected. Also, it stays on in background all night. Only had it a month so can't comment on reliability. I did charge it up via the USB before putting it out, and we have had bright weather, but even so it's performance has surpassed my expectations. Gives a white light, which is fine by me, but may not be to everyone's taste.

Killing Floor: (Jack Reacher 1)
Killing Floor: (Jack Reacher 1)
by Lee Child

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 6 Nov. 2016
I loved this book, couldn't put it down. Great story, and, for me, Child includes many interesting insights into the mental as well as physical battles. I felt I actually learned from it, at the same time as enjoying the twists and turns of, what I thought was, a great plot. I do accept that he sometimes puts in a bit too much background detail, but, for the most part, I thought it helped to paint the picture. I went on to read The Affair, which, whilst written later, is a prequel, and that too was excellent. I'm hooked!

Die Trying: (Jack Reacher 2)
Die Trying: (Jack Reacher 2)
by Lee Child

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, but not without merit., 6 Nov. 2016
I read Killing Floor first, great read, then The Affair, (which was written later, but is a kind of prequel), - also a great read. I am definitely now a Jack Reacher fan! Sadly, this book disappointed. Whilst not without any merit, it is too long, and Jack seems to be asleep for much of it, in the sense that you feel he could have taken matters into his own hands much earlier, but didn't. Also, not enough bashing up of the bad guys in this one! - and the ending is trite.

Tomorrow Will Follow Today
Tomorrow Will Follow Today

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you to a Higher Level, 22 May 2016
Amazingly beautiful and brilliant music. Once you buy this you won't want to play anything else! Impossible to describe, except that it is so wondrous, it takes you to a higher level. The title track is really strong, (there is some great footage on youtube of them performing this live). Another standout is Rusalka, the song of a mermaid, - Kathryn's voice on this is hypnotic. So wish I had come across them sooner.

Idle Hands [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]
Idle Hands [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! - Blu ray version is region 1., 13 Mar. 2016
Can't comment on the film because I couldn't watch it. The blu-ray version is Region 1 coded and will not play on my Blu ray recorder/player. It does note this on the product info, so I have no grounds for complaint.

GUARDCAM-LED Combined CCTV Camera and Security Flood Light
GUARDCAM-LED Combined CCTV Camera and Security Flood Light
Offered by Solon Security

1.0 out of 5 stars Proceed with caution!, 12 Mar. 2016
I had the previous version of this with the halogen bulb. I thought they were a great idea so I bought two. Sadly, both failed, for different reasons, after just over 2 years, and I ended up replacing them with standard floodlight movement sensors. A costly mistake on my part. It may be that this latest LED model is more reliable, but I would not buy again.

Eurobox Wall Mounted Lockable Security Letter & Mailbox - White
Eurobox Wall Mounted Lockable Security Letter & Mailbox - White
Offered by Safety Letterbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further!, 1 May 2014
Having just replaced my front door with one that did not suit a letter opening, I needed a letter box that I could fix to an adjacent wall. Having checked a number of reviews, I discovered the following:
- many are front loaders, - these seem to be good at keeping the post dry, but it can be difficult to fit larger items of mail into them; I know our postman doesn’t like them.
- the others are top loaders, and these can have two problems: mail can get wet, but more problematically, some cannot be fixed directly to the wall, as the box cover cannot be opened fully.

This box gets around all of the above. It has an angled opening so it can be fixed directly to the wall, but it is also easy to insert large items of mail. Also, it is very well made, - it is quite heavy/robust and seems to have a decent lock. As a bonus, it is nicely painted, and looks really good, and it comes with a fixing template which makes it easy to mark the screw holes. It may be a bit dearer than some others but it strikes me as well worth the money. I know this as I had previously bought a cheaper box which was very flimsy and had to be mounted on batons. So far it appears to keep the post dry, but it is early days.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Give a good light, 31 Mar. 2013
Nice looking candle bulb that gives a good light. We have a 5-branch light fitting in a large-ish room, and these give just the right amount of light. Take a short time to reach full illumination after switch-on, but otherwise there is nothing to indicate they are energy savers. No idea of bulb life yet as only recently installed. Note they are of the thin screw-in type. Remember also that, (so far as I understand), you cannot use any energy saving bulbs with dimmer switches.

Page: 1 | 2