Profile for Laura > Reviews

Sew a Row Quilts
Sew a Row Quilts
Offered by Book Depository

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners!, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Sew a Row Quilts (Paperback)
I've always loved the idea of being able to quilt, and I'd previously bought other books which promise to be ideal for beginners and found the books hard to follow and had almost given up on quilting, my friend recommended that I try this book and I'm glad I did, it gives a detailed list of what equipment you will need to begin, how to choose the right fabric, each technique is layed out in easy step by step guides and it gives you extra ideas and tips to make quilting easy. I've now completed my first quilt with the help of this book, and I'm planning my next.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2011 1:09 AM GMT

Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet
Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet
by Claire Bojczuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners!, 16 Nov. 2009
I've been knitting for a few years now and I wanted to try crocheting, I've read a couple of other books with not much success and then I tried Crochet unravelled, I have read through it and I found it very useful, the book contains step by step guides with pictures, and each page has a helpful tip. It gives you advice on which yarn and hooks to use, and for the complete beginner it shows how to do a slip knot to get you started, it then goes on to show you how to hold the yarn. Once you've got the hang of the chain stitch it shows you how to make a round and then onto granny squares. Once you have mastered all these it has 11 projects for you to try like baby booties, hair scrunchie and a flower cushion cover these are all clearly laid out, it also explains the terminology that you will come across in the patterns. I'm still trying to get the hang of crocheting but I'm enjoying learning and feel more confident having read this book.

Disney Princess Dreams Come True Rotary Duvet
Disney Princess Dreams Come True Rotary Duvet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 27 Aug. 2009
My daughter is very into Disney princess and I had been looking for extra bedding for her newly decorated bedroom. I had already bought her a princess duvet cover from Argos which was very expensive. My friend recommended I look on Amazon and I'm glad I did the duvet cover and pillowcase are exactly the same as the one from Argos but at a faction of the cost. My daughter now loves going to bed which is always a bonus!

4Gamers Turquoise Accessory Bundle for DS Lite/DSi (Nintendo DS)
4Gamers Turquoise Accessory Bundle for DS Lite/DSi (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful!, 27 Aug. 2009
This is a great product and comes with lots of handy extras, like spare stylus', earphones and the game holders. I'm not really sure about the handle because it's fiddly to fit and it doesn't fit in the case.