Profile for B Chandler > Reviews

B Chandler

IBRA® Ultra Slim Wall Mount Bracket System for Samsung,LG and Philips LED TV 26
IBRA® Ultra Slim Wall Mount Bracket System for Samsung,LG and Philips LED TV 26
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant simple mount that works perfect on my new Samsung 50" TV, 2 Feb. 2014
Like a lot of people on here and reading this, I'd just bought a Samsung 50inch telly for about £1,000 and was worried whether a £15 support would really work or whether I'd wake up to a smashed telly on the floor.

Well, I needn't have worried. It's been around a month and its absolutely fine. The disk system was an absolute doddle to mount to the wall - 2 rawl plugs and 2 screws, and the telly was up and hanging within half an hour. It's really slim as well so the gap when looking from the side is tiny, especially compared to my old big-black-traditional-wall-mount that was on my old TV.

Curry's and PC World charging £100+ for identical wall mounts on Amazon at £15-£40 is an absolute scandal. I'm chuffed to bits that I went with my instinct and bought this mount off Amazon, because its does the job perfectly at a fraction of the price. Would definitely recommend.

Life on Two Legs: Set The Record Straight
Life on Two Legs: Set The Record Straight
by Norman Sheffield

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into the famous artists of the 70's, 6 Aug. 2013
Despite being too young to have experienced the bands at the time, I have always been interested in how professional artists really write and record their music - Behind all the PR and on-stage bravado, how do they really get on with their work? And I have to say this book really painted that picture well. It was great reading about how last minute The Beatles recording of Hey Jude was, the accidental solo in the middle of David Bowie's Space Oddity, and the commercial balance of giving bands like Queen artistic freedom versus the need to pay the off-stage bills. There's a link to a Spotify playlist in the book, and it was great to listen to the tracks whilst reading about how they came about. An easy read that felt like an interesting bloke in a pub telling you a great story or two about the songs playing on the jukebox. I really enjoyed it!