Profile for Santa > Reviews

Content by Santa

Santa "Santa" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
9978A (Filofax Standard) A-5 size zipped Binder with 6 Rings in PU Material Black
Offered by Norwood-sevenk

4.0 out of 5 stars The free pen is pretty poor but the folder is great, 10 Nov. 2015
Just right for what I wanted. I had all the inserts and needed a zip folder with six rings.

The free pen is pretty poor but the folder is great.

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
by Patrick Rothfuss

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a charoty shop in the high street with no great hope. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality ..., 3 Oct. 2015
As a not huge fan of magic I bought book two of this series from a charoty shop in the high street with no great hope. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the language and the construction of the plot. Authors in this genre seem often to be tempted to give their characters names that make me stumble when reading, but Patrick has resisted this.

A good read.

JA152 Faux Royal Ruby Medalion Necklace, CrownJEwels Pendant Square Necklace
JA152 Faux Royal Ruby Medalion Necklace, CrownJEwels Pendant Square Necklace

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 23 Aug. 2015
You get what you pay for...:)

Kitchen Craft Round Nylon Mesh Plastic Strainer, 20cm
Kitchen Craft Round Nylon Mesh Plastic Strainer, 20cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Aug. 2015
I seems like a good piece of kit. Only time will tell if is robust enough.

simplehuman Compact Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, 237 ml - White
simplehuman Compact Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, 237 ml - White

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks good and works perfectly although I have only ever used ..., 23 Aug. 2015
This is the second one of these we have bought. We have had one in the kitchen for a over a year and now have one in the bathroom. It looks good and works perfectly although I have only ever used the simplehuman soap in it. As others have said, it pays to reduce the quantity dispensed to very little on the grounds that it is easy to go back for a second helping if required. It isn't cheap to buy but I think that the long term cost - purchase, batteries and soap beat the ones sold in supermarkets hands down. It also looks a lot better.

It's my view that the advertisements for these machines have it the wrong way around: In the kitchen especially, the ability to get some soap without touching anything with greasy hands is the big advantage. Of course a pump beats a mucky bar of soap every time, but an automatic one beats having to press a lever too.

LUPO SDHC SD USB 2.0 Memory Card Stick Reader Adapter Writer (Supports Windows & Mac)
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars so a device like this is essential to review pictures and videos on ..., 23 Jun. 2015
What can I say - It does the job it's supposed to. My TV has a USB slot but not one for a memory card, so a device like this is essential to review pictures and videos on the big screen in high definition.

Inventum Electric Compact Cordless Kettle, 1.2 Litre, 2200 Watt, White
Inventum Electric Compact Cordless Kettle, 1.2 Litre, 2200 Watt, White

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not easy to find a good kettle that suits individual needs, 5 May 2015
It's not easy to find a good kettle that suits individual needs. My wife has weak wrists so we wanted a lightweight kettle that was reasonably good looking but was robust enough for everyday use. This one fits the bill exactly.

It was an added bonus that, since one of us is left handed, there is a visible fill gauge on both sides and the kettle can rotate 360 degrees on its base. It is also a good pourer - either as a slow stream into a cup, or a quick pour into a saucepan. The cable is quite long, but tucks neatly into the base if it is near the outlet.

My only concern is that the lid is quite large and that seems to be the weak point on many kettles. It seems robust enough but only time will tell.

Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo with Keyboard and Mouse (UK QWERTY Layout) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars For £20 I think that this is about as good as it gets, 19 Nov. 2014
I bought this to replace the MK260 which, after working perfectly for three years, suddenly went crazy last Monday. Windows opened up faster than I could close them and I thought at first that I had a major malware problem. Trying an old keyboard established what it was, so I ordered this as the nearest equivalent.

It arrived today (Wednesday) and after looking at the minimalist instructions I removed the paper tag from the battery, plugged the tiny dongle into a spare USB port and.... Nothing. Then I found the on/off switch (the very similar 260 did not have one) I turned it on, waited 3o seconds or so for the computer to do its thing et voila.

I find that the keys have more resistance and feel slightly rubbery compared to the old one, but no doubt I will get used to it. For £20 I think that this is about as good as it gets.

I have no idea about the mouse as I use a Logitech USB Marble Mouse which I find vastly superior to the common mouse.

Turkish Language Card By OOOZU - Phrasebook Alternative
Turkish Language Card By OOOZU - Phrasebook Alternative
Offered by ooozu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, but You Need Good Eyesight., 3 Oct. 2014
No doubt useful for some, but the printing was too small for me.

Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars One You Try it - You will Never Go Back, 3 Oct. 2014
This is the third one I have bought. I find it much easier to use than a 'normal' mouse, and my wife, who suffers from fibromyalgia, finds that it is so much easier to control.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4