Profile for Cuppa Tease > Reviews

Content by Cuppa Tease

Cuppa Tease "Ems x" (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
JAM Neoprene Padded Laptop Sleeve 10" Netbook Shaped Case Zip Pouches Orange
JAM Neoprene Padded Laptop Sleeve 10" Netbook Shaped Case Zip Pouches Orange
Offered by XS-Stock com Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 24 July 2013
A great little case. Love the pockets on the front (though they don't have a zip, so are not secure). Can't believe I only paid £3 for it!

Urbanz ZIPCOG Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Orange
Urbanz ZIPCOG Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Un-snappable children's headphones, 21 April 2013
I am really impressed with these so far. The sound quality seems really good (though I'm no expert, so will comment on other things). We haven't had them long so can't comment yet on their durability, but one of the biggest reasons I chose these ones was the metal frame and components. My son is a bit rough with things (a typical 3 year old boy) and these were the only children's size headphones I could find that have a metal frame, so if he tries to bend them (like kids do) then they aren't going to snap like plastic ones, so I'm expecting them to last.

They seem like they are well built and I love the retro style and the colours they come in. I like the fact the cord is coiled so will reach a long way without getting in a tangled mess. Another big selling point was the fact that they are 'DJ Style' (meaning they have pads all around), which helps block out outside noise. In fact the only thing missing from them (which I think all children's headphones should have and why I haven't given 5 stars) is some sort of volume limiting device built in. Some other children's headphones have this and I think it is important to have to protect their delicate ears. I still opted for these though, as I thought it's all very well having ones with a volume limiter, but if he is going to break them then it would be pointless and a waste of money. As these fit well (they fit me too!) and have the pads which will block out outside noise, hopefully there will be no need to turn it up so loud.

A steal at £11.
(When is someone going to invent a separate noise limiting device?)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Being a bit picky..., 21 April 2013
For the price you pay for this I think it is really good, it feels a bit plasticy, but I didn't expect Samsung/Apple quality for £49! I won't write a long review as I think some of the other reviewers have already written really good, intensive reviews on this.

Unfortunately, I had a bit of a dodgy one. The speaker omitted a crackly noise, so I had to send it back. Also I found there were a few apps that I wanted, that wouldn't work on here. Most did, some didn't (for example the Amazon app and ITV player). Also the app for Flixster I could get the app, but I couldn't stream the films because 'this device doesn't support streaming at the moment'. That isn't to say that won't change or that there might be a way round it, but I didn't go into this in detail as mine had to go back anyway.

I also noticed that at times it seemed to have a mind of it's own, clicking on things and being a bit unresponsive. I've read a few reviews on these cheap tablets and a lot of people say that this seems to happen when the charge is running really low. Another little thing is that the headphone jack is right in the corner, meaning that you can't use iBallz (great shock protection, essential if you have children or are clumsy) with it (or have to leave off/pull aside that ball). For these reasons I'm giving it 3 stars (it would have been 4 if I didn't get a dodgy one or 5 if it did the other apps), it would have been 3.5 if I was able to give half stars.

I do feel I am being super picky though. As I said, I wasn't expecting Samsung/Apple quality for less than £50. If you are then I think you need to wake up and realise you will need to dig a little further into your pocket. I brought it for my 3 year old son and if it didn't have to go back, I'm sure he would have been really happy with it. It does everything that he would want it to do and most of what I would like it to do too (which in my case is a bonus not a necessity). It plays his films on his SD card, he can play his games and it is able to run Kido'z (a parental control app that I would recommend if you are planning on giving any tablet/phone to a child). As it is being sent back and isn't available from Amazon any more, I will be getting the Sanei n77 instead, which I will write a separate review for. Otherwise I would be happy to get another one.

All in all I would recommend, especially for children or adults that don't need a high proformance, all sing and dancing tablet. If you want more, then you will have to pay more.

Dynamode Mini In Car Charger Adapter with 2 USB Charging Ports for iPad/Other USB Devices - Black
Offered by prochive

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks different to the picture, 21 April 2013
The product I received is obviously different to the one in the picture. It doesn't have that translucent white top and is much smaller. Luckily I find this a good thing, as it isn't so bulky and obvious. Seems to work well, so I'm happy.

Morphy Richards 70495 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Detachable Handheld Steam Cleaner
Morphy Richards 70495 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Detachable Handheld Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same as the 9 in 1, only black!, 21 April 2013
I love it! After reading some of the other reviews I am left wondering why people expect an industrial cleaner for under £100. For the £60 I paid for this I am more than happy with the performance and quality of the product. Having used it, I would have paid more. I don't expect it to hoover as well, I hoover beforehand. I also don't expect it to get rid of old worn in stains with little or no effort, if I wanted that then I'd either hire a professional and/or probably need to use chemicals, or bite the bullet and buy a new carpet, then use this to maintain, freshen and make sure it doesn't happen again. Lets be realistic here people...

Ok, rant over (haha).... so far I've used it as a mop, bathroom cleaner and window cleaner.

The mop, I agree, you have to put in a little extra force than you would with a standard mop and bucket. I believe this is due to the mop really clinging to the dirt and picking everything up. The result is a deeper cleaned floor than a standard mop. When I say 'extra force' I'm not saying you need to be muscle man to use it, but you do need a little extra elbow grease.

As a bathroom cleaner it is great too. I mainly used the concentrator nozzle and the flat brush nozzle in conjunction with ecloths (which I also recommend, they are great http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_in_-2_p_6_14?rh=n%3A11052681%2Ck%3Aecloths%2Cp_6%3AANP9BZHPD6ZPR&bbn=11052681&keywords=ecloths&ie=UTF8&qid=1366539640&rnid=367777011).
It was really handy and quick on my grout, compared to using a toothbrush like I do normally. I was done in half the time. It got into all the nooks and crannys that I normally struggle with. I also used it on my sons toilet seat (a toddler seat that fits on a regular toilet seat). It isn't the best design considering it's purpose, it has lots of bits that you can't get to clean easily. I blasted away in all the tiny crevacies and (without meaning to make you feel ill) was surprised at the colour of the water that came out. I thought I had cleaned it well before :0S Clearly not, I will use this on it all the time now.

As a window cleaner I struggled a bit to be honest, but no more so than I do normally when using a squeegy. If, unlike me, you're a dab hand with a squeegy then I'm sure you won't have any problems using this. I must say there is a bit of a knack to it. I think you have to have the steam going all the time or only in short blasts and move it away from the window as after you've pressed the button, the steam that still comes out isn't as hot and doesn't evaporate as quick, making it a bit more wet. I do think it would have been better if this attachment had a cloth attached to it (which is the only reason I've knocked it down a star, maybe that is a bit harsh). I used a microfibre cloth, just to finish up and to ensure a nice streak-free finish.

I haven't used it on the carpets or curtains yet, or the other attachments, but will add to it as/when I do.

One last note, mine came with 2 concentrator nozzles and no spatula nozzle. I contacted Morphy Richards and found them very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. They sent me out the missing nozzle with no problem. Rare to get good customer service these days, I usually find myself getting stressed and getting no where. You can also purchase any extra cloths or replacement nozzles from their website (and probably on here and other places). It's that easy.

Binatone Kidzstar Ultimate Tablet (IJ880HE)
Binatone Kidzstar Ultimate Tablet (IJ880HE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Technical Information, 17 Nov. 2012
Hello

UPDATED
I have finally brought one and had a good play with it and I have to say that I think the reviews made by others on here are a little harsh (which is why I'm leaving it at 4 stars). All in all I think this is a good tablet for young children and for the price I paid (£80 in Argos). I do however, have a couple of issues with it. I understood when I brought it that it would not have google play and that I had to use the Amazon appstore. Some of the apps I wanted weren't available (Where's my water?, bbc iplayer, etc), but most were and as it was for my son who is still very young (he is only 3) and probably wouldn't be able to use lots of them at the moment anyway, I decided to go with it and use the ones they were preloaded and were available. I had looked in the appstore to check that Flixster was available (one of the main reasons I wanted this particular tablet was for my son to watch films on long journeys) and it was. When I went to get the app on the tablet however it wasn't there. Further investigation revealed that the tablet didn't support that app, so he couldn't watch all the films he has on there. Also when I went to play a film via the SD card no sound came out (I think it must have been a technical fault, because it plays films fine on my neighbours one and played music from the music app ok). For these reasons I decided to take it back. I could have called technical support to help with the sound, but they wouldn't have been able to do much about Flixster.

CONCLUSION
This is a great tablet and I would recommend it if you aren't technically minded, want everything in a box ready to go and you aren't worried about specific apps. The bumper/cover looks like it would offer really good protection (though I would still invest in a screen protector on top, you can pick them up for a couple of pounds) and the stylus is a nice touch. The interface is lovely and easy to use (both for the child and the adult) and it comes with lots of great apps, games, videos, a nice craft app, learning app, secure web browser, camera, and more things to download from the Kidzstar or Amazon appstore. You can also download the same software used on the tablet onto your computer for when the children are on there (it's called Fooz Kids, if you want to google it), and from there you can change passwords, add or remove children and lots more too. The tablet also supports lots of film file formats i.e. lets you play films via the SD card which not many (if any) other children's tablets will do, certainly not ones aimed at young children anyway. If you want to know more about the specific apps (you can get angry birds apparently), technical information and what you can and can't do, then please read the comments. I wouldn't pay more than £100 for it though as the technical side is a bit lacking, but good value at under £100.

If there are specific apps that you want, are willing to pay a bit more, and aren't worried about watching films via the SD card, then another one to consider would be the Nabi 2 (which uses the Fooz Kids too, so is very similar to Kidzstar). I didn't go for this as it was out of my price range and even though you are paying more, you can't play films with different file formats, which is a bit disappointing.

Last but not least, the option I am going for, is to buy separates. I've gone for a cheap tablet (see below for links) that I can get google play on (I don't have it yet so can't comment on this tablet, but will write a separate review on it when I get it), a set of iBallz (universal shock absorber), a screen protector and a stylus. All those bits cost me just over £67! I could have spent a bit more on the tablet, but it seemed like a good buy to me and gave me change out of my £80 that I was going to spend on the Kidzstar, to buy a case for it. I will then download an app called Kido'z (free on google play), which is very similar to the Fooz Kids software that this tablet comes with (you can also download the software onto you computer in the same way you can with Fooz Kids), setting it up so it automatically goes into 'Child mode' when the tablet is started. I haven't had a chance to test run this option yet, but on paper it looks like the best option for me.

Here's the things I brought (they all added up to less than £100 when I brought them):
And the software/app to turn it into a children's tablet was called Kido'z

Hope that helps and put things right. Please read the comments attached for more information (including input from Binatone) on this tablet.

ORIGINAL REVIEW (17/11/12)
I have searched youtube for demos, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone has one if they could please give a quick demo on youtube so I can compare it to other similar tablets (there are lots of clips for the Nabi 2 and Kurio 7).

I was thinking of purchasing one of these, mainly for my son who is 3, to keep him amused with films, games, stories, colouring, etc, so first and foremost it has to be easy to use and resilient, but I was also hoping that I might be able to use it occasionally too (films, tv, shopping, internet, books, etc). In the demos that I have seen of the other 2, the Nabi 2 doesn't seem to have a very good camera and seems to be a bit Americany, and the Kurio 7 I think would be too advanced for my son to use, as it states for ages 5 and over (please feel free to correct me on any of my accounts).

Would this tablet fit the bill? The tablets that are the most child friendly (resilient, easy to use) don't seem to be able to be used by grown ups too, where as if I go for a grown up version, I would worry about it getting broken (being that he is only 3).

A youtube demo and/or any advice/input would be most welcome.
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 12:06 PM BST

Bosch BGS6225GB 2200W Power Pet Hair & Carpet Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner with Double HEPA Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a beast!, 25 Mar. 2011
I'm afraid I disagree with enigma totally.

1) I don't find it cumbersome on stairs. I have always carried vacuum cleaners up stairs, cleaning as I go. This one I don't have to. It stays at the bottom and the long pipe reaches right to the top of my flight of stairs (13 stairs). I find the position of the handle makes it easier to carry as it seems to spread the weight a bit more.

2) I also don't have to unplug it. The cable reaches right round my 3 bedroomed house, if I plug it in in the middle of the house.

3) I also find it very quiet on carpet. The only time it is noisy is when it is on a hard floor, but I wouldn't say it is any more noisy than any other vacuum cleaner on hard floor. My baby boy used to really cry with the noise of my old machine (a dyson), he hates noise, but he doesn't even flinch with this one.

4) It is no more messy to empty than a dyson (maybe you're used to using bags which probably are a little less messy?). In fact I love the self cleaning filter feature and little brush that you get.

I love it and always look forward to using it. Unlike my other one which never picked up fluff properly, it leaves nothing behind, which is great as my baby finds any little thing on the floor and tries to eat it! Yes it is heavy (and maybe not for people with a bad back) but it is easy to manoeuvre without having to pick it up all the time (like I had to with my previous one). If I had to have a criticism, it is that it kicks out a lot of heat. I find I don't need a jumper on when I'm cleaning!

NATURAL BEAUTY AT HOME
NATURAL BEAUTY AT HOME
by JANICE COX

2.0 out of 5 stars Too American, 31 Oct. 2009
This review is from: NATURAL BEAUTY AT HOME (Paperback)
This book is written by an American for an American reader. A lot of the ingredients are too hard to obtain (if you live in the UK) or too expensive if you can get hold of them. I always shop online and still found them hard to get or expensive (especially on postage from far off places). I have made a few things from the book. All of the shampoos and conditioners I made (and I tried a few) were an absolute disaster, the soap ended up crumbling (not sure what I did wrong), and the moisturiser separated the moment I touched it. I would not recommend this book, whether you are an old hand or a novice, there is much better out there.

A couple of good things about this book are the information on ingredients and bits like that, and the stretch mark cream was really really good. I put on 4 stone (I was huge!) when I was pregnant and didn't get 1 stretch mark, which I put down to this cream (mine turned out to be like a massage bar though). So there are a couple of bits to make it worth a couple of stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 10:12 PM GMT

The Naughty Girl's Guide To Life
The Naughty Girl's Guide To Life
by Sharon Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Something to cheer you up, 16 July 2008
If this book doesn't make you laugh then I don't know what will. A good book for ALL sassy women.

The Nutcracker: A Magical Pop-up Adventure
The Nutcracker: A Magical Pop-up Adventure
by Sue Scullard

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 July 2008
I can't recommend this book enough. I used to love pop-up books as a child, but this is far better than any I can remember having or seeing. Each page is a beautiful mini masterpiece. My Niece adores it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4