Profile for Pompeydriver > Reviews

Content by Pompeydriver

Pompeydriver

AutoStyle KT962-14MBK Plus R Hubcap Set Michigan 14 Matt Black/Red Rim - Car Wheel Trims (Set of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 12 Aug. 2016
If you should own a red Hyundai i10 with black trim, then these hub caps will certainly transform the look of your car from ‘humble shopper’ to ‘nippy go-getter’. Whilst my main car is a Porsche 911, I use the i10 for the daily schlepp to work and now, no longer feel the need to wear a bag over my head! (with eye-holes of course)
I did however, make the following assumption, which caused me some disappointment:
You are most likely aware that the OEM wheel trims are held in place by the 4x wheel nuts and looking at the supplied photo for these black trims, it does show 4x nuts. Alas, when my set arrived the following day, they had 5x nuts which were of course imitation…duh! (I know….prat!)
So, you will need to undo the 4x wheel nuts, prior to removing the original trim, then replace the wheel nuts again, before fitting the new one.
Although the fit is very snug, they can be removed with relative ease, so your local “numpty’s” could pinch ‘em PDQ and failing that, one or more could potentially fly off, as you hurtle round 'Nuffield Corner' at Silverstone?
Of course, you could opt to use the proverbial cable-tie but I just couldn’t be bothered!!
Happy motoring.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Ph Neutral Wheel Cleaner 500ml
Dodo Juice Supernatural Ph Neutral Wheel Cleaner 500ml
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted!, 4 May 2016
My wheels have been MODESTA coated, so I was keen to use a Ph neutral solution. In addition to its excellent cleaning properties, I was very impressed with the nozzle. The design allows for precise amounts of fluid application, producing a fine mist when squeezed strongly and also delivering very small amounts, for those awkward angles. This facility seriously reduces waste, resulting in this product lasting longer than other brands.

Still Life
Still Life
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must-see!, 27 April 2015
This review is from: Still Life (Amazon Video)
A truly moving and heartwarming film, with Eddie Marsan being perfectly cast as the kindly Mr May.
Joanne Froggatt is adorable!
I watched this movie twice in two days and then went on to tell my colleagues at work about it. Something I rarely do.

Jackspeak
Jackspeak
by Rick Jolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Jackspeak (Hardcover)
I left the Pusser in 1990, having completed my 2nd engagement and casting a Mark One eyeball over the pages of this BR, brought the memories flooding back.
Like the morning after a run ashore in foreign parts, when you spot your oppo with a can of goffer; "Sippers shippers...me mouth's as dry as the flip-side of Gandhi's prayer mat!"
Or when the stokers come off watch from the Boiler Box;..."It's as redders as a Jan docky's starboard Oggy pocket!"
Not to mention the dreaded duty roster; "It's enough to make a Bishop burn 'is books and bimble down Bugis Street for a bag-off!"
It's true what they say, you can take the man out of the Mob but you can't take the Mob out of the man.
So cheers Doc and no doubt Tugg is smiling down on us through that scuttle in the sky, a tot in one hand and a DF in t'other!!

Tefal Pro Express GV8330 Steam Generator, Anti Scale, 1.8 Litre Water Tank
Tefal Pro Express GV8330 Steam Generator, Anti Scale, 1.8 Litre Water Tank

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome time-saver, 6 May 2011
Having served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces during the 70's and 80's, I still require that my work shirts are ironed to 'near perfection'. A level that sadly, my wife cannot attain!!
This psychological need, means that I have spent many a Sunday morning slaving over a hot steam iron.
NOT ANY MORE...having purchased this Steam Generator, the end result is that I now have ironed shirts that are fit for a Guardsman in a fraction of the time.
Thank you Tefal and thank you Amazon, for the swift delivery.