Profile for Dreams123 > Reviews

Content by Dreams123

Dreams123

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TeckNet 12"-17" Quiet Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad Stand With 3 USB Powered Fans, 1200 RPM, Light Weight & Ultra-Slim Design
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Jun. 2017
Fantastic, works a dream. I use this when I play The Sims for a long time. It's also lightweight and sturdy.

Tumblr
Tumblr

2.0 out of 5 stars DEAR AMAZON, 29 July 2016
This review is from: Tumblr (App)
Dear Amazon,

How hard is it to supply us with the updated version of this app?

Been this way for two years at least. Not impressed.

Hero
Hero

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Not A Country Album, 8 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Hero (Audio CD)
First of all, I'd like to say that although it is targeted as a country album, it really isn't- not to me anyway. It would even be a stretch to consider it a country-pop album. There are 3 country songs here, in my opinion. Maren definitely has a distinctive country voice, but the songs are so electronically produced it is quite hard to consider it anything else but pop.

That being said, as a POP album, it is damn good. The worst songs here are the ones with too much forced 'attitude'- namely, 'Rich'. These types of songs don't sound genuine but materialistic. The best songs are the heartfelt ones- where you can hear the beautiful crack in Maren's voice.
The song-writing is a bit hit-and-miss. Every song is catchy and infectious. But the lyrics on some songs (Sugar, RIch, Drunk Girls Don't Cry) all seem a little rushed and clumsy. I'm not saying that makes them bad songs- just not the best ones.It's the songs that come from a real place that are the most smoothly written (I Wish I Was, I Could Use A Love Song, My Church).

As much as I may critque this album on an 'artistic' level, I can't help but really dig it. Maren has a knack for catchy melodies and infectious lyrics. And the rasp in her voice balances out the tongue-in-cheekness of a lot of these songs. She may try too hard to be 'sassy' in some tunes, but when you start to hear her heart come out, it makes it all work.
Ratings:
Just Another Thing: 9/10
I Wish I Was: 10/10
Second Wind: 8/10
Once: 8/10

Country Folks (feat. Colt Ford)
Country Folks (feat. Colt Ford)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Terrible, 3 Nov. 2015
This is the worst song I have ever heard. I love it.

Storyteller
Storyteller
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars When the hell did she get THIS good!!?!?!?!?!?!, 23 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Storyteller (Audio CD)
I have been a causal fan of Carrie Underwood for good long time now, but she has NEVER impressed me like this. I have always found that only a few songs on each album were very good. But with 'Storyteller', you can tell she has put so much more effort in this time.
I like every song, which is incredibly rare for me with Carrie, as I often find her music a bit grating or cheesy. And amazing album and much more country that her previous instalments
So far, my favourite songs are:
Dirty Laundry
Choctaw County Affair
Heartbeat
Chaser
Mexico

Covet Fashion - The Game for Dresses, Hairstyles and Shopping
Covet Fashion - The Game for Dresses, Hairstyles and Shopping

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 23 Sept. 2015
A good app, great for fashion! A bit slow and I feel a bit pressured to pay real money but it is very fun.

Pageant Material
Pageant Material
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, as Expected, 15 July 2015
This review is from: Pageant Material (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Kacey since 2013's 'Same Trailer, Different Park' and I can tell I'm going to be for even longer.

Country music has become terrible over the past two years, in my opinion, so Kacey is definitely a breath of fresh air.
She keeps things traditional in style, but progressive and modern in her lyrics- which is the best mix.
My favourite songs include 'High Time', 'Dimestore Cowgirl', 'This Town', Somebody to Love', 'Good Ol' Boys Club' and 'Fine'.
The hidden track with Willie Nelson, 'Are You Sure', is a nice touch, too.

Venus
Venus

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Sceptical, Pleasantly Surprised, 15 July 2015
This review is from: Venus (MP3 Download)
Firstly, I should state that The Civil Wars are my favourite band (of the 21st Century), so needless to say I was heartbroken when they broke up- and intrigued that Joy was coming out with a solo album. I also also state that I have not yet purchased this album, however I plan to (I listen to an album twice, on Spotify before I purchase it, just to be sure.)

When the lead single from 'Venus', 'Woman (Oh Mama)' came out I was extremely dissapointed. First of all, it was more pop/indie than her music with TCW, although I was expecting that. The main problem however, was that it seemed extremely pretentious. It just felt like it was trying too hard to be 'different' and 'meaningful'. This remains my least favourite track on the album to date, and irks me so much that I had to remove a star.

However, 'Until the Levee' was released soon after and I was pleasantly surprised. I loved how her haunting voice actually meshed with the electro beat.
I then kind of forgot about this album as life, as it does, got a bit chaotic.

Still put off from 'Woman' I resisted listening to the album for a long while, which, I know, is never fair. But then Joy posted a video on her FaceBook page of her performing 'Before I Sleep' live and I was completely struck with it!

I soon hopped on to Spotify and gave the album a quick listen and I was swept away! My favourite thing about Joy, in and out of TCW, is of course, her haunting voice. And this album has bountiful amounts haunting songs with beautiful lyrics. I really love the way she has used the electronic music here, keeping it simply and by extension, classy. To me it sounds as though they made country beats, out of the electro music and it sounds fantastic and... shimmery?

My least favourites on 'Venus' are 'Woman (Oh Mama) and 'Sweet Love of Mine'.
My favourites so far are 'Before I Sleep', 'The Dying Kind' and 'Welcome Home'.
But I can honestly say I like all of them except the ones I stated.

Final Countdown
Final Countdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Half decent, 6 July 2015
This review is from: Final Countdown (App)
Does the job, I like that you can customize it. Ads are annoying though.

Unbreakable (Acoustic)
Unbreakable (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars One to Watch, 8 Jun. 2015
An amazing new country artist with a voice that will give Carrie Underwood a run for her money. Fantastic songwriter too. I hope she releases her latest EP (self-titled) to the UK soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3