Profile for Jason Gaston > Reviews

Content by Jason Gaston
Top Reviewer Ranking: 811

Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Snuza Hero Mobile Baby Movement Monitor
Snuza Hero Mobile Baby Movement Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless gizmo for new parents., 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As time goes on you are supposed to worry less and less about your kids but with a gap of almost 11 years when my 4th arrived I was pretty much back to square one and when you take into account the internet, research, social media and advances in medicine, science and technology we know a LOT more now about child welfare and thus (personally) have more to worry about. So on with the review. This little gizmo is in my humble opinion money well spent, We have a video monitor so we can keep a check on baby wherever we are in the house and it has temperature on it and a mic so we can hear here cry etc but when she is fast asleep and still............well the only way to actually see if she is OK is to go upstairs and check her breathing (something lets be honest we have all done in the past with little or no reason other than paranoia) so that is where this little fella comes in handy, about the size of a matchbox clips onto the nappy or waistband and the soft rubber tip makes contact with babies abdomen monitoring that there is movement on a scale of about 8 movements per minute, if this is not achieved the unit vibrates essentially rousing the baby or stimulating baby, if no movements continue to be present the unit starts to beep similar to an alarm clock which ascends in volume. The volume isn't very loud however if you already have a baby monitor or video monitor with sound its easily loud enough to be picked up and if your in the same room this will wake you as being a parent you never really fall into a proper deep sleep when baby is there. All in all this is a very reassuring product indeed and prevents the paranoia of being in and out of babies room all the time or fake trips to the toilet just so you can peep in on baby. Top marks

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - 27 ml
Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - 27 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price, just as good as expensive rivals, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Product arrived in a nice tough glass bottle with plastic lid and black plastic pump dispenser. Dispenser operates nice and smooth dispensing a decent amount but not too much. The primer itself is actually very nice, Application was nice and the consistency is nice and thick and not runny like some cheaper alternatives. The product is good and really does serve as a nice base layer before applying make up (I personally wouldn't use it alone as the bottle suggests). Compared to Smashbox which is about 3 times the price it compares very well indeed and is similar in texture and I feel doing just as good of a job personally. the only downside was (and I am just being picky) it does have a very slight smell to it, I understand it not having additional perfume but maybe something to mask the smell a little.
That being said very pleased with this and will definitely use again as a much cheaper and very competitive alternative to smashbox.

TeckNet® X331 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless if you have an android box or similar, 17 Feb. 2015
Got this for my laptop and android box so we can watch movies and home video clips on our big TV and it works a treat on both formats. Just plug in the wireless dongle and away you go. No more painful awkward typing using left right uo down on an onscreen keyboard. No more trying to move a cursor to a specific location as the touch pad mimics that of a laptop. Absolutely godsend for what I needed it for and saves Sooooo much time. As a side note I had an issue with my original purchase but one quick email and I got excellent customer service. Sent my device back and had a replacement in 48hours. Excellent product and outstanding customer service.

Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well. Beware of running costs though, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions I was surprised how small this lamp was as the image makes it look a lot large, this however is not sign of weakness as this heater really does pack a wallop. Im almost 40 and run/jog as often as my busy schedule allows I also have a manual job so day to day I am quite active, in recent years I have noticed some discomfort in my left knee and have taken to using ibuprofen on occasions to take the edge off. After using this heat lamp though I doubt I will be turning to the pharmaceutical alternative anytime soon. It gives off a very strong heat and you may have to grit your teeth a little but the benefits are worth it and any alternative to chemicals has to be a good thing. I tried this out for a short session every day for a week and we did see a noticable increase in our electricity consumption so do beware of the running cost as it may not be a viable long term solution but for sports aches or pulled muscles etc it won't be used for prolonged periods. Very happy to have found this product and have even used it to ease lower back pain too (it sucks getting old sometimes)

Philips Avent Breastfeeding Set
Philips Avent Breastfeeding Set

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect starter kit for new mums (and dads) who want to feed there baby naturally, 2 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Preparing for a child can be a very daunting and stressful time and if you intent to breastfeed then the preparation and anticipation can be doubled. Unfortunately in today's society there is still a massive social stigma to breastfeeding which only a fool could deny is one of the most natural things in the world and from the start of time and mammal evolution was the single source of feeding our babies. This set is an absolute godsend for a number of reasons. Firstly preparation is the key with any task as massive as raising a human being so to have quite literally everything you need in "one box" is a massive help. Secondly as I eluded to earlier the social stigma aspect has also been address, you see in reality a breastfeeding starter kit in literal terms would have a woman in and nothing else but this is an accessory pack to AID and SUPPORT breastfeeding mums and DADS!! Yes Dad can feed baby breast milk with the help of this kit. As you can see from the picture you get a breast pump for expressing milk into along with some anti colic bottles with natural nipple like teats so if you want to swap and change from breast to expressed milk in a bottle the source doesn't feel to different to the baby. You also get a sterilizer (plug in one not microwave) as well as some other hand bits and bobs to help you though what can be a difficult time especially if this is your first. The kit also includes some dummies now I know some people are not a fan of the dummy but there is a VERY good reason our friends over the pond in good old US of A call these things Pacifiers!!!! All in all this is a fantastic starter kit and before when I used the quotation marks on "one box" that is because it is actually all individually boxed inside one big box so you can open what you want or need and either keep or give away the items you don't still boxed as people tend to frown at "used" or 2nd hand baby items. As with all Avent products this is top notch stuff. The bottles listed as anti colic are very good but you may want to upgrade to some Dr Browns if you baby does develop colic, they are expensive but worth every single penny if this dreaded little condition affects your little bundle. All in all this would make a FANTASTIC starter kit for any parents who intend to breastfeed and has enough bits and bobs that will still be of use even if you don't continue.

Michael Kors Astor Silver Tone Buckle Bangle Bracelet
Michael Kors Astor Silver Tone Buckle Bangle Bracelet
Offered by Cambridge Handbags

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item. disappointed in packaging, 23 Jan. 2015
Nice bangle. Decent weight. Bit disappointed in the packaging department though although it came in a nice drawstring velvet/velour pouch there was no box making it a slightly awkward gift. Not given it the full score as the fastening has a tendency to be quite weak and the bangle can come undone quite easily and has fallen off my fiancée a number of times. It is a very nice bangle though.

Slipknot Broken Glass T-Shirt black M
Slipknot Broken Glass T-Shirt black M
Offered by E.M.P.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy from here and not from the concertand save a lot of money., 23 Jan. 2015
Nice tshirt. Decent weight Gildan tshirt with print on front and back. I opted for the XL and its a regular fit. Good price too considering i paid 25 quid for mine at the concert

Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Offered by DDL-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks for performance and ease of use in set up., 4 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions was this was a decent piece of kit, nice size, reassuring weight, feels nice and smooth in hand and didn't appear to have too many buttons for me to get wrong. A quick look at the instructions and I was able to sync it to my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) without any issue at all. After a number of tests in a variety of different scenarios I have to say I continued to be impressed with this speaker. From a business point of view it looks much more professional than having your smartphone plonked in the middle of the table on loudspeaker and I have to say the overall quality sound wise was a noticeable improvement from my smartphone. I also noticed this item can act as a regular speaker for playing music from your phone, this is a nice add on touch but doesn't really add any value to the item as its performance isn't worth shouting about. Its a a conference speaker in its very essence that this item shines. As a point of note the speaker side of things can be a bit muddy or blurry if the unit is places on a soft surface such as a couch or chair but when on a solid wooded table or similar solid surface the sound quality is superb. Ideal for small business or anyone who uses the speaker phone on there smart phone on a regular basis for group chats or conferences/meetings. Over all impressed with the performance, ease of use and quick and user friendly set up.

Philips DS8900/10 M1X Bluetooth DJ Sound System
Philips DS8900/10 M1X Bluetooth DJ Sound System

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice gimmick for a kitchen party but NOT pro dj equipment by a long stretch, 31 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing this item from a dj's point of view. As a club dj I played up and down the country for over a decade using all manor of proffesional dj equipment. I am experienced enough to review this item as a piece of DJ kit. How do I start then...............erm ist loud.........Its handy/portable.............Its perfect for blending your tunes together from your iphone 5 or new(er) Ipad/mini but my main bone to pick is with arguably one of the most popular dj's in the world Mr Armin Van Burren endorsing this as a credible piece of dj kit THIS IS NOT A CREDIBLE PIECE OF DJ KIT!!! If you are reading this review after watching some youtube videos (oooops there is that popular uploadable video site) of Mr AVB telling you that this is close to what he uses in clubs then Im calling BS on that statment. This is a GIMMICK. This is for someone who wants to mix a few tunes together in a kitchen party and that is about it. If you are serious about becoming a dj your best bet is to get a dj controller ( there are PLENTY to chose from) and take it from there. This is not a step onto the first rung of the dj ladder at all. I have scored it 2 stars because the sound quality is very good and very loud and for the price (which has plummeted lately) its not a bad little toy/gimmick but make no mistake this is NOT pro dj equipment, if you turned up to any club with this you will be laughed out of the building. The dj part of this kit is far too limited to perform any significant or substantial mixes, for basic mixes then yeah this is ok, I was a little disappointed I had to buy the dj app too, given the price of this unit the app should come free of charge. For a kitchen party or for a teenager this is a good little gift but as a proffesional piece of dj kit this is way off the mark. Armin Van Burren hang you head in shame sir you are have sold out.

Sage 50 Accounts - Single User - 1 Company (PC)
Sage 50 Accounts - Single User - 1 Company (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply not worth the money, better available for cheaper, 31 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Im still scratching my head perplexed as to who indeed this software is actually aimed at. At first glance this would appear to be an all in one box solution for a small business who wants to deal with its own accounts.... correct?? Well then you look at the price and see (currently) its almost at the FIVE HUNDRED pound mark so that kinda cancels out my 1st assumption as a small business could surely get a similar level of service for a fraction of the price OR if they insisted on doing it themselves surely there is software available at a more palatable price. So then you think well maybe this software is so expensive because its all singing all dancing with more bells and whistles than nursery percussion performance............NO this is the BOTTOM of the scale!!! there are 2 other versions of this software available around the 700 and 1000 quid mark. So I return to my original question. Just who is this software aimed at?? Its not the best and its certainly not the cheapest. I have used software of a similar nature with equal or better results that are MUCH more user friendly and didn't cost me enough money to put down as a deposit on a house. In use this is mediocre at best and does not justify the price whatsoever. You can get better for cheaper elsewhere and that is just the facts of the matter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20