Profile for Mr. K. G. Waters > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. G. Waters

Mr. K. G. Waters "kennyw" (Glasgow, Scotland)

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars There's magic within these pages..., 21 Jun. 2013
I loved this book! I get the feeling Mr Gaiman put his heart and soul into this one. Whilst Neverwhere and American Gods were fascinating and wonderful reads, this one reached deeper into the well of emotions and brought back a ton of half-forgotten childhood memories of my own. At the end, I was sad to put it down and it left me feeling pretty wistful, I shall remember this for a long time....

Body Beast Introductory Kit - Includes Full DVD programme without supplements
Body Beast Introductory Kit - Includes Full DVD programme without supplements
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., 18 Feb. 2013
After graduating from P90X and Insanity, it was time for something new. I haven't followed the workout schedule per se but have done a hybrid of all 3 before committing to a no-cardio bulk phase around Easter. So far I have found the workouts brilliant. Sagi really knows what he's talking about and gets down to business very quickly. The warm ups are very short and then it's all go. The program seems to be all about hypertrophy and each muscle group that you work is utterly blasted into submission. I'm not saying the program is for everyone and will not suit HIIT/cardio junkies but overall I'm enjoying the resistance work far more than the P90X equivalents (which I still love!) By means of example, with P90X I would lift heavier weights than the BB equivalent, but the emphasis on form and the style of sets in BB had my muscles telling me the next day that they'd had a heck of a workout.

So far, so very good!

Lloytron 2000w British Standard BEAB Approved Fan Heater with 2 Heat Settings & Cool Blow F2003WH
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heater!, 1 Dec. 2012
For a while I was getting exasperated with my Delonghi fan heater which didn't seem to operate when the room was cold and needed it the most. I have tried oil filled radiators but they are quite slow to heat up and i wasn't overly impressed with the heat distribution. This product gives more powerful heat and within a couple of minutes leaves the room feeling toasty warm. I'm very happy with this product and at the price it's worth a try!.

Kinobo - USB 2.0 Wireless Mouse 2.4GhZ With Silent Click and Nano Receiver - Ideal for Laptop - Blue & White
Offered by Kinobo pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little mouse!, 1 Dec. 2012
Small, receptive, stylish and soooo quiet. I actually was more interested in changing from my Dell mouse because of the noisy and and uncomfortable scroll wheel moreso than the clicking noise itself of the buttons. In that respect, totally hits the spot!

Red Sky at Night: Autobiography
Red Sky at Night: Autobiography
by John Barrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Red sky at night, reader's delight...., 6 Feb. 2010
Firstly, let me say this is an enormously rewarding and wholesome book in many ways. On one level, readers will learn about the flora, fauna, folklore and history of the wonderful area around Scotland's Loch Katrine and see the mechanics of a working shepherd's life. Mr Barrington is master of all he surveys and demonstrates great stewardship of all that he comes into contact with. His observational acuity and perceptiveness is incredible - from a naturalists's perspective, nothing goes unnoticed - the nesting eagles in Glengyle as well as the seasonal migrants, the mountain animals and the local pike not to mention Mr Tod, the wily resident hill fox . He has a great sense of place and time he and the cadence of the seasons is beautifully described.

On another level, the book is incredibly evocative and one can easily imagine being up on the hillside at the frosty break of a mid-winterday with the dogs, the sights and smells of spring, the warmth of the hearth after a long, busy day. The descriptions of the sheepdogs shows what intelligent, incredible and loveable creatures that these are. All in, this is an excellent book which has the power to both inform and move the reader on an emotional level.

ps My father, himself a great story-teller and a preserver of of the oral tradition bought this book from Mr Barrington at the Glasgow Garden Festival and I am forever grateful that this has come into my possession. The only downside is that the message signed was addressed to my brother and not me... nothing's perfect I guess ha ha!
pps One of the other reviews is describing another book entirely - not quite sure how this happened.