Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Discover more Shop now
Profile for Jo234 > Reviews

Content by Jo234

Jo234

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Jamie's Comfort Food
Jamie's Comfort Food
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Jamie O!, 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Jamie's Comfort Food (Hardcover)
I watched and loved the television series and as a big JO fan I was keen to try some of the recipes myself. Firstly I borrowed this book from my local library but it is definitely worth buying and keeping. I have several JO cookbooks and this will join my collection and be used time and time again. Not only is the book filled with great, easy to follow, delicious recipes, it is well produced and well laid out. It makes a lovely flick through, great photography and has a nice feel to it.

6 Pack F - In A Clear Handy Plastic Pouch - Food Colouring Pens Double Sided- 2.5mm Thick Nib & 0.5mm Fine Nib (6 Pack F)
Offered by glitterbliss

2.0 out of 5 stars No good., 3 Jun. 2015
Pretty useless. These were bought to write on fondant for a 'doodle' inspired cake. The nibs were too thin and penetrated the fondant even after it was chilled firm overnight in a refridgerator. The colours were not vibrant, very washed out and the colour seemed to fade at the first hint of very slight moisture.... these did not do the job they were intended for. I will not buy again.

The Primrose Bakery Book
The Primrose Bakery Book
by Lisa Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars A great all round baking book - if you love cupcakes!, 13 Feb. 2014
A nice book, well laid out with a great selection of recipes/flavours. Some of the recipes have needed tweaking to perfect but that may be more to do with my oven than the Primrose recipe.

Creativity for Kids Fashion Headbands Kit
Creativity for Kids Fashion Headbands Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but fiddly & uselss glue supplied., 13 Feb. 2014
My daughter spotted this in WHSmiths and put it on her birthday wish list. Much better value for money from Amazon but sadly she has barely used it. She finds it very fiddly to cover the hair bands and the glue supplied is next to useless. I would not recommend.

Kenwood FPM264 Food Processor - Black
Kenwood FPM264 Food Processor - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be improved, 13 Feb. 2014
I spent ages researching new food processor/blenders after my old one finally gave up after 11 years of good use. I decided to stick with Kenwood but my 1st and 2nd choice models (bigger and more expensive) were out of stock indefinitely with all retailers and actually the size/capacity of this 'compact' version is still really good so I thought I would go for it and save a few £s. Overall it is OK, a great price point on Amazon (considerably cheaper than say John Lewis) although I must admit I am a little underwhelmed. Billed to do everything you would hope a good processor would. A good selection of tools/blades (annoyingly no storage) and lovely to have a glass blender jug and mill. However there are several things that are really irritating. Firstly it is ridiculously and annoyingly noisy. The noise switches from bursts of loud but smooth noise to louder irritating noise that sounds like the motor isn't quite right. No burning smell thankfully. The blender has so far proved very good and I have made loads of shakes and smoothies; decent capacity, no leaking as other reviewers have reported, easy to pour and clean. Sadly the processor isn't as good. Chopping is fine although when using the grater to grate raw carrot, large bits of veg kept slipping between the feeder tube and the top of the blade causing the processor to stop. Annoying. I tried to make cookie dough using the sharp blade (as suggested) but it took absolutely ages to combine the ingredients, would have been quicker to do by hand! Also why put a sticker on the plastic processor bowl that rubs off after the 2nd wash in water but leaves an unsightly sticky residue behind? Surely an easy peel off sticker intended for plastic would be better? It is very easy to scratch the plastic bowl with the sharp blade unless you insert very carefully, beware. The mill has so far proved useless. Advertised as perfect for chopping small quantities of herbs etc, it is only any good if you put a decent amount of foodstuff in the mill. I tried to make a small amount of pesto and the blades basically threw the ingredients around the side of the mill in the first second or two of blitzing, thereafter the blades couldn't reach anything to chop. Back to a good old pestle and mortar to finish the job! So in summary if you can stand the noise, it is good for chopping and basic mixing plus the blender is good for shakes, smoothies etc. I am sure I will get good use from it but I will still rely on other kitchen equipment to perform some tasks I had hoped this machine would be capable of. I am pleased with the size, sits nicely on the kitchen counter and the styling is smart. Not sure I would buy again (oh and I need to get myself a pair of ear defenders!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2014 11:00 AM GMT

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Natasha Corrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a recipe book., 3 Feb. 2014
I love this book and use it ALOT. It is NOT a diet book, more a recipe book promoting the benefits of alkaline eating and health/wellness from the inside out. It has really helped me to understand food and how my body needs and uses different food/nutrients and generally helped improve my relationship with food. I have made several positive changes to my diet and plenty of healthy swaps to the ingredients I regularly cook with. It is a lovely book to just flick through and the recipes are easy & ingredients accessible.

Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
by James Duigan

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, healthy, every day recipes, 3 Feb. 2014
I really like this book and the philosophy behind it. The recipes are lovely, easy, tasty and healthy. The only thing I don't like is the author and his beautiful wife cover girl seem a tad smug....!

Splitster ® Extreme Tumbling & Spinning Stunt Car - Tumbles - Splits Down The Middle - 360 Stunts - Lights - AS SEEN ON TV
Offered by InternetukShop

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks fun but didn't last, 3 Feb. 2014
This looked fab and it was great fun for a few hours, until it rolled down the stairs and completely fell apart, beyond repair. A waste of money in my opinion, but possibly OK for older children who are able to control it perfectly and avoid crashes!

The Cat in The Hat [DVD] [2004]
The Cat in The Hat [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kid's film ever!, 3 Feb. 2014
As a family we must have watched this film more than any other and it is still as enjoyable and funny every time (despite the fact we must know every word by heart!) A real classic, perfect for rainy days snuggled on the sofa with the kids and a bowl of popcorn!

The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
by David Frenkiel

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my most treasured cook books, 3 Feb. 2014
I first came across The Green Kitchen blog online and was delighted to hear that a book was available. This is honestly one of the best cook books I own. It is beautifully put together, with gorgeous photography, friendly engaging narrative and straightforward yet innovative vegetarian recipes suitable for every day. I honestly use this book all the time and when I'm not cooking from it, I love to just sit and read it! This is the kind of book I wish I had written myself! I cannot reccommend this book highly enough. Well done David & Luise. I can't wait until their next book is available!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4