Profile for John Orton > Reviews

Content by John Orton

John Orton (Manchester, UK)

The Undercover Economist Strikes Back: How to Run or Ruin an Economy
The Undercover Economist Strikes Back: How to Run or Ruin an Economy

5.0 out of 5 stars at the end..., 22 April 2014
He begins to talk about income inequality in anglophone countries. It's the education, stupid!
Great book like all of his.

Novero Rockaway Bluetooth Earphones - Red
Novero Rockaway Bluetooth Earphones - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay in my ear!, 23 April 2012
I've had two of these now since Christmas. Excellent when working if you put aside the intrinsic flakiness of Bluetooth pairing. Great for blocking out ambient noise.
Unfortunately, regardless which of the three buds supplied I use, the left hand speaker won't stay in while jogging. To make matters worse as a result of repeated jamming into my ear, the left hand speaker stopped working.
This has happened twice. I don't understand because I use cheap in-ear phones from other maunfacturers (eg Apply, Sony, JVC) without problems.
Now working as a brilliant single ear headset... ;-)

Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge with G2 iPod touch (sort on 'newest first' next time!), 9 April 2009
Didn't see the most recent reviews and wouldn't have bought this product if I had.
The product details need updating!
I have other charging incompatibilities with my G2 iPod with other products I own which while a pain isn't a disaster.
Regarding quietness: I had this problem with the standard iTrip and thought that the problem might have been corrected with this product. It wasn't, but for the then tried it on my other car. The sound was excellent, so I presume the issue is more to do with the car radio's reception.

LG KU990 Viewty Mobile Phone - silver
LG KU990 Viewty Mobile Phone - silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 100 Calendar entries!, 20 May 2008
I have to endorse nicknaks99 and Stephen Luff's reviews - gorgeous phone and I loved the internet surfing, but too many of the irritating characteristics described by the reviewers above. The 100 entry limit was the deal breaker for me - it's going back! Now if only the iPhone had a tariff below £35....