Profile for Vicky Mc > Reviews

Vicky Mc

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally agree with "Thriller of the Year", 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant book. I was recommended it by a friend and am delighted that I read it. Kept me on the edge of my seat - a real page turner. Have now started reading Sharp Objects and so far, so good :-)

Hello Kitty Folk Duvet Cover Set, Single
Hello Kitty Folk Duvet Cover Set, Single
Offered by Diverse Traders Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely picture, disappointing quality, 11 Jun. 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this Hello Kitty duvet set - the picture is great. Unfortunately the quality of the material is not as nice as I had hoped for (its quite thin) and that makes it a bit disappointing.

Rocket Dog
Rocket Dog
Offered by Onlineshoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically comfy boots, 4 Jun. 2013
I saw these boots and pondered over them for a long time, until I noticed a friend wearing them. She swore they were the most comfortable boots ever which swayed me into buying them - she wasn't wrong!! I did have to go up a size as my regular size was just too tight (I have since been told that this is very common with Rocket Dog shoes), but Amazon processed the exchange exceptionally fast and I had the new boots the next day! Very very impressed.

Prodigal Son (Jensen Family Series Book 1)
Prodigal Son (Jensen Family Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Prodigal Son (Jensen Family Series), 7 Nov. 2012
This is book 1 in the Jensen family series and was a captivating introduction to the family and its inter-relationships. I initially downloaded the sample and was instantly hooked, I purchased the book immediately and I just couldn't put it down. A real page turner. I can't wait for book 2...

Wrecks & Reefs of Southeast Scotland: 100 Dives from the Forth Road Bridge to Eyemouth
by Mike Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrecks and Reefs of Southeast Scotland, 19 Jan. 2011
Mike Clark's "Wrecks and Reefs of Southeast Scotland" would be a great addition to any diver's book collection - it describes 100 dive sites heading southwards from the Firth of Forth all along the east coast of Scotland to the border (and slightly beyond!) and covers both wrecks and reefs to wet the appetite of divers of any level.

The guide is split into sections based on geographical area & gives useful information about each area including accommodation, diving services & suggestions on entertainment for any non-diving companions so that you can relax and truly enjoy the fabulous diving that this area of Scotland has to offer. This is well backed up by some great underwater photographs of the marine life in these waters.

Mike has dived each of the sites and gives a good description of what to expect and some great hints & tips based on his personal experiences. The style of the writing makes it very easy to read & it feels as though you have a friend talking to you about the sites. The site descriptions are so vivid that many of them evoked great memories & for a number of sites I can picture exactly what or where he is referring to - Mike does a great job of bringing the sites to life! I can't wait to use the guide to dive sites that are new to me.

I would highly recommend this book to any diver wishing to explore dive sites in Southeast Scotland & I think almost everyone will find something new for them in this book.