Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 920

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but not 'universal' fit, 29 July 2016
Not disappointed in the quality of the product. For what I paid it's excellent. I am a bit disappointed in the fit. The mat claims to be universal, but it's about 4 inches too short for my Altea. If I trimmed the edges I could us the excess to make up the space, but I want a bit of a lip at the sides to catch all the crap that finds its way into my boot.
So quality fine, fit not.

Mr Gandy's Grand Tour
Mr Gandy's Grand Tour
by Alan Titchmarsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy summer read, 29 July 2016
This review is from: Mr Gandy's Grand Tour (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most here, I'm a fan of Mr. Titchmarsh. I have read many of his gardening books and enjoyed his autobiography. Seeing this I thought I'd give it a go, although it is a mile away from my usual reads.
Overall, I enjoyed the book. Alan obviously did his homework as it is well researched and very descriptive. I found some dialogue to be overlong and the book becomes a bit introspective at times while Mr Gandy embarks on his European tour after the death of his wife.

The opening of the book should make anyone who is in a long term relationship reflect a bit on where they are. That can't be a bad thing. I know I did.
My two favourite chapters were Paris where Mr Gandy meets his femme fatale and Monaco. The incident aboard the super yacht is hilarious.
The book loses a bit of impetus when Florence and Rome arrive, and we're back to reflection and introspection again. The final couple of chapters should resonate with anyone who has kids or grandkids.
I found the ending to be a bit of a disappointment. but I'll not spoil it for potential readers.
I would regard this a light summer read. Personally, I don't think I'll be dipping into Mr. Titchmarshes fictional repetoire anytime soon, but that's me. You might love this!

Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Offered by Office Specialties Online Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good masking tape to use. I'll have to store it carefully though as once the packaging is removed the edges of the tape are very sticky and prone to attracting lint. Remember to take it off within the recommended 5 days and not to leave the area as long as that if it is in hot sun. It comes off pretty cleanly in recommended time. It looks pretty much like any other cheaper masking tape once the wrapper is off, so best to write a reminder on the inside of the roll.

Levivo Silicone Muffin Cupcake Baking Pan 24 Cup Mini Muffin Tray 34.5 x 21.5 cm Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ice cubes and portion baby food freezing. Makes cute little cakes, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This tray is really high quality. I love how stable it is with the inbuilt metal frame and yet you have the benefit of silicone for easy release.
We made some little muffins and they popped out fairly easily. However, they are so small I am not sure what use they will be for except maybe dolly's tea partys. We're going to use them for making ice cubes which will give you lots of good sized little pretty lumps of ice perfect for popping into a large pitcher of juice or water. Might be very handy if you want to make lots of baby food and freeze in little portions too.

A Good Place to Hide: How One  Community Saved Thousands of Lives from the Nazis In WWII
A Good Place to Hide: How One Community Saved Thousands of Lives from the Nazis In WWII
by Peter Grose

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and very readable, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not an avid historian, and don't care much for history books generally, but this story drew me in and educated me without me realising. Amazing to think that such bravery went on...and that it needed to go on, and really only a relatively short time ago. Many lessons for our future here. Interesting to learn about the development of the Resistance and how they played their part in the war. But this is more than just a story, this was real life for many. You almost feel like you are reading a novel, but it is so much more poignant as you are reading about people that lived and some that still survive today. It is wonderful that their story has been told and can be passed down.

Popband Ponytail Holders, Denim
Popband Ponytail Holders, Denim

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and pretty, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lovely shades of blue. Easy on the eye and easy on the hair. Very handy to keep one on your wrist and they don't cut into your wrist like a regular hairband. Nice wee selection.

Popband Ponytail Holders, Tie Dye
Popband Ponytail Holders, Tie Dye

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice patterns, go with anything really, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice selection of these useful hair bands. Although when actually on your hair you don't really notice the tie die patterns, they do look nice on your wrist if you like to keep one handy. Nicely presented and would make a nice gift too.

InterDesign Classico Wallmount Newspaper and Magazine Rack for Bathroom - Matte Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size for magazines, 10 July 2016
Lovely for popping magazines into in the reading room (AKA the loo) Nicely made and looks smart

One piece disposable plastic wine glasses (200ml) - pack of 50
One piece disposable plastic wine glasses (200ml) - pack of 50
Offered by PartyPlastics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 10 July 2016
Excellent quality and perfect for a function where they didn't look cheap and nasty.

Vintage Maps Panel Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, King Size (World Map in Blue, Green, Brown, White)
Offered by HomeSpace Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Trendy and nicely made, 10 July 2016
Very trendy design looks great with vintage items in the room. I would say the fabric is not as soft as I would have liked due to it being poly cotton rather than cotton, but for the money it is excellent and has washed well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20