Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 534

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Draper 64970 Folding  Seat and Kneeler
Draper 64970 Folding Seat and Kneeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 3 July 2015
Got this for my wife who loves her gardening, but finds getting back up from weeding a bit troublesome these days. This is the ideal answer. She can now kneel in comfort on the padded cushion and then push herself up using the 'legs' of the stool. It is extremely sturdy and stable whilst used a kneeler. The sides lock into place and the clips on both sides need to be released together before it will fold down. Also doubles as a handy sitting stool for when the cuppa is delivered! Recommended item.

Secondhand Lions [DVD] [2003]
Secondhand Lions [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Haley Joel Osment
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good family film, 29 Jun. 2015
This came to us by way of a birthday gift. Not something I would have bought usually, but this is an understated cracker of a family film. The story line has been well described both in the product description and by reviewers. I won't bother. Suffice to say if you're looking for a nice family film to spend some time with your sprogs on a rainy afternoon, this one such. Highly recommended.

pjp electronics® 3M (10 feet) Tesco HUDL Micro Hdmi to hdmi Cable Gold Connectors HDMI to MICRO HDMI Cable - Type D to Type A - 1080p Full HD 1.4V For Tesco HUDL 7
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and works, 25 Jun. 2015
Connected from my tab to the TV through the HDMI no bother. Great value cable. Saw similar in Tesco for £'s more.

AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue
AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to what is claimed, 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I agree with all the reviewers that the instructions for this are pathetic. This needs to be addressed by the manufacturer. A link to a how to video on you tube would suffice. I presume from the pictures that tools are pushed through the sharpener or the sharpener is pulled down the blade towards the point.
I tried it on my trusty Swiss army knife and I was impressed with the edge I got. Moving onto my shears, I found the technique more difficult. It might have been better if I had the blades separated and locked in in a vice. However, I did see some improvement in the cutting edge. Finally, I tried my axe. Not impressed at all. The blade was left duller than before I started.
In summary, good for knives with straight blades. Garden tools and axes, I think I would look elsewhere.

Ingenious Jewellery Sterling Silver Yellow Gold Plated Necklace of Length 22-24cm and Earrings Set with Open Pave Circles

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, well made and very dainty, 13 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very lovely set and the quality is good. They are nicely made, and prettily boxed. I would say however that they are quite small and delicate and so don't make much of a visual impact , so a nice everyday wear to work kind of set rather than a go out for the evening kind of set.

D'Addario EXP16 with NY Steel Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated, Light, 12-53

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely strings, 10 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually buy Elixir coated strings for their sound and longevity. These D'Addario strings feel more like 'normal' uncoated strings. I am not at all aware of a coating on the strings, although there is one there to promote string life. I like their feel and sound. They live up to their billing of producing a 'warm, bright and balanced tone' both when they are strummed or picked. I can't comment on their longevity at this stage. I have only had them on a week. If they live up to their promise, I will certainly use them again.

Oxford French-English Visual Dictionary of Animals (Oxford Visual Dictionary)
Oxford French-English Visual Dictionary of Animals (Oxford Visual Dictionary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and informative, 10 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book with my 9 year old in mind. She absolutely loves all the wonderful pictures. There is plenty for her to browse through. I give her help with the pronunciation of the French words although there is a pronunciation guide at the front of the book (which was a help to me), I think she will use that when she is a bit older. There is enough information in English for her to already find the book very interesting. I think she will use this throughout her schooling as a reference guide. The book is nicely divided into sections depending on the habitat of the animals with beautiful colour illustrations throughout. The information is clear and succinct. As an adult I have enjoyed looking at this book and it should improve my rusty French from schooldays too.

VIEWQUEST ELLA-ELLA LED UMBRELLA
VIEWQUEST ELLA-ELLA LED UMBRELLA
Offered by 3-Monkeys

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest umbrella ever..., 4 Jun. 2015
Absolutely love this. Not only is it a trendy umbrella, but it has a torch light in the handle. On dark nights you can see where you're walking. Particularly useful if you live in a place with no street lights.
Not only that but the main stem becomes an led light. It gives you a choice of colours or multicolour on rotation. Again a brilliant safety feature for dark nights or unlit streets.
Clever design in a practical object. The gift for someone who has everything??

Hallmark Son Humour Mad As Cheese Embossed Birthday Card - Large
Hallmark Son Humour Mad As Cheese Embossed Birthday Card - Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Think twice before sending, 2 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first look at this card, I thought what a lovely sentiment....Basically, it is saying, Everyone has an image of what the ideal son should be like...smart, good looking , great personality, kind , fun, then inside there is a mirror and the caption " This is mine" . Now, in one respect you could say that you are saying that to you , your son is Ideal, and that is lovely. We all think our own children perfect, but I would just say, if your son is a bit sensitive, then they could take it the wrong way..e.g...they might think.....So do you not think I am smart, good looking , great personality, kind , fun, ? I have to say I had second thoughts about this card after thinking about it properly. Other than that, the card is a well made quality card.

View Quest Christie DAB+ Radio and NFC/Bluetooth Speaker - Red
View Quest Christie DAB+ Radio and NFC/Bluetooth Speaker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A smart, stylish and easy to use radio., 2 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my new radio. It's appearance is well thought out. It is a very stylish little number and the choice of colours it comes in makes it bound to fit into your room's scheme.I appreciate the option to have it standing tall or squat with the adjustable dial. I find it takes up less space on my desk standing tall, so is ideal for my study. I enjoy listening to Classic FM on Digital radio and it gives me a good clear sound,. Tuning it was easy. I also listen to Tunein radio which gives you radio stations from around the world via my mobile phone which I bluetooth to the Christie. Although others have reported that the bluetooth cuts out after a while this has not happened to me so far and I found the set up and use of this simple. The only thing that could improve it would be the ability to adjust the sound levels, bass etc for listening to different types of music. Others have also reported the volume as being too loud at the lowest setting...mine is absolutely fine. Very pleased with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2015 10:18 AM BST