Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 912

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips FC6168/62 2-in-1 Upright and Hand Held Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Pet Hair and Anti-Allergen

5.0 out of 5 stars For a small vacuum, it has quite a good sook!, 10 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little beauty is really useful. I am delighted with it. The suction is good. It charges up relatively quickly and holds it's charge for a decent amount of time. I have been keeping it in my kitchen which has a dark wood floor covering which shows up any flecks of dust or crumbs. A quick whizz around with the vacuum and it is looking fab. The hand held attachment means I can get right in the corners too. It is really easy to empty and to lift out the hand held unit from the bigger unit and replace it again. My only little gripe is that I will need to install the little wall mounted holder somewhere to store it as it doesn't stand up by itself very well. You have to prop it up with it's back to the wall and it will knock over easy. I didn't want to be limited to just storing it in one place as it is a very handy tool. Maybe I just need 2 of them!! ;-)

Sketching Type: Create Your Own Hand-Drawn Type
Sketching Type: Create Your Own Hand-Drawn Type
by Lee Suttey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you love to doodle and create your own lettering, 10 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very interested in hand lettering and so was hoping for a book to inspire me. It is a very attractive book. The book has 224 pages approx 137 of which are mostly blank for you to add your own sketches and doodles. The paper is good quality, nice and thick, so you could use many different kinds of media. There are about 61 pages of images, info and inspiration to get you started, but to be honest I would have liked a few more inspirational images. I would say they were a bit sparse. The rest of the book is nicely spaced out title pages and credits. Pleasing to the eye in the way it has been laid out, but I was hungry for some more information...which they certainly had the room to put it in, which is why I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars.

BullGuard Internet Security Premium Protection - 1 Year - 3 Users - 5Gb (PC)
BullGuard Internet Security Premium Protection - 1 Year - 3 Users - 5Gb (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The online reviews for Bullguard are excellent and the price for Premium protection is very competitive with other companies that offer similar. It has to be downloaded, but it loaded no bother. It ticks along nicely in the background and goes unnoticed until it's needed.
The interface is very intuitive and customisable and it has many nice features such social media protection, parental control and identity protection.
This is my second year with it. I have had no problems and no slowdown in my pc.
Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2016 10:29 AM BST

Neon & Noble Neck Firming and Tightening Cream for Sagging Skin & Wrinkles 50ml by Neon & Noble
Offered by Treat Your Skin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hydration., 4 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I would have given this five stars only the pump mechanism in the bottle doesn't work so well, so I need to pump it quite a few times to get a small amount of the cream out. Having said that, it didn't perform any miracles in terms of saggy chin, but it did improve the texture and softness of the skin around the neck and chest area. A very pleasant cream to use, soaks in well and does not have a pongy smell which is much appreciated.

3M SandBlaster 28240 Fine P240 230 x 280mm Between Coats Sandpaper Sheets (8 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good hard working sandpaper, 4 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am delighted with this sandpaper. The previous sandpaper I was using was tearing up and wearing out in no time at all. I have even tested this on metal and plastic and it seems to be tough enough for the job. Very impressed.

Popband Ponytail Holders, Tribal
Popband Ponytail Holders, Tribal

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite cute and a nice change, 28 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are basically coloured and patterned flat elastic tied in a knot. They do look quite cute, but practically speaking , don't hold a pony tail in as tight as regular hair elastics. If you have curly or thick hair they work quite well, but they do slip a little on straight silkier hair. If you wrap around three times you get a tighter grip and they stay in better, but the idea that they don't leave a kink in your hair only works if you wrap around twice. Makes a nice change though from the usual generic hair elastics

Gillette Fusion ProShield Flexball Men's Razor and 9 Razor Blades
Gillette Fusion ProShield Flexball Men's Razor and 9 Razor Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good razor, 26 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Currently using a 5 blade razor from Lidls, I was intrigued to see what might make me part with £30 for this Gillette instead.
Rather than being disappointed with it, I am mightily impressed.
£30 sounds like a lot for a razor. However, it comes with an additional 9 blades as well as the one on the razor. I reckon that's at least a years worth of shaving. That being so, that works out at £2.50 a month. Not so prohibitive.
The shave is excellent. The blades take care of the stubble and the moisturizer on both sides of the blades leaves your skin feeling soft and moist after shaving. More so than my other razor. The pivot head is what really gives it the edge. It managed to get hairs in the nooks and crannies that the other had difficulty cutting.
Having tried it, I don't think I will be returning to my previous model unless the price for blades increase hugely or it falls apart over time. We'll see. Overall, very impressed and a recommended bit of kit.
Gillette Fusion Proshield Flexball Manual Razor with 9 Razor Blades

Clay and Lime Renders, Plasters and Paints: A how-to guide to using natural finishes (Sustainable Building)
by Adam Weismann

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative guide with plenty advice, 25 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very informative guide to those thinking of using a more environmentally friendly approach to plaster and paints. There are plenty examples in the book with a good selection of images of the different types of finishes along with enough information to allow you to make a considered choice in how you will proceed. Having just had a house built, I wish we had seen this book before we had the walls done. I hadn't realized there were so many options.

Offered by Value_Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good dishwasher, 22 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Indesit DFG15B1C Dishwashers
What do you want from a dishwasher? I would say clean dishes. This cleans glasses, dishes, cutlery and lightly soiled pans. Works wonderfully well. Glasses come out squeaky clean and no streaking. This has 4 washing settings and a pre-wash for heavily soiled casserole dishes and the like. We mostly use the rapid 50 degree setting (takes 40 minutes) or the normal 55 degree. Eco setting works really well, but takes a long time.
Has an A+ energy rating on all settings. Great not to have to argue over who does the dishes. Now mostly it's who empties the dishwasher! Recommended machine if you're in the market for a new dishwasher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye to plastic pots??, 21 Feb. 2016
Bought a load of plants online for a new garden. They arrived much sooner than I expected and I needed to get them potted up. Buying quantities of plastic pots was becoming prohibitive, so took a chance on these. Lot cheaper, good quality, easy to store, easy to use. Now my plants are all potted up and ready to get going for the new season.
If these prove durable, I may never buy a plastic pot again. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20