Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now
Profile for hostelgirl > Reviews

Content by hostelgirl

hostelgirl "hostelgirl" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stockmar Crayons Tin of 16 blocks
Stockmar Crayons Tin of 16 blocks
Offered by itenga GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and totally worth high price, 19 Sept. 2016
Yes they are expensive but when a Waldorf teacher told me she had a set for over 10 years, I thought they must be good. They are amazing quality and you won't have to buy any others. Beautiful and great in the tin for storage. Totally recommend.

khadi Hair Colour Dark Brown
khadi Hair Colour Dark Brown
Offered by bella-kosmetika

4.0 out of 5 stars Good dye bad smell, 14 Sept. 2016
After years of using chemical dyes, I had a bad reaction to ppd in my 40's and was distraught as did not want to go grey/partly white at 42. Used Lush Rouge Henna on first as I read that the red takes better on white/grey. Looked ok but the roots (white bits) were very bright. Used this (dark brown) in the hope of toning it down a bit. Seems to have worked - hair mellower and good condition, thick - although only 2nd day and not washed yet.
Only so is smell. Like a cigarette factory (I worked in one once and remember), pretty gross. Would use again though.

TAG Body Art One Stroke Professional Face Paint Cake (30g) ~ Stargazer
TAG Body Art One Stroke Professional Face Paint Cake (30g) ~ Stargazer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely split cake, 3 Aug. 2016
Gorgeous one stroke. One if my new faces.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Overated frame, won't stand up landscape way, 3 Aug. 2016
Yes, it's nice but for nearly £15,it ain't all that. I could've gone to Matalan,The Range or somewhere similar and bought something better for the money. Crystal effect is nice but not as sparkly as led to believe from reviews. Nice weight to it. Disappointed it won't stand up alone in landscape position as the photo I wanted to use it for was landscape.

All Quiet on the Western Front
All Quiet on the Western Front
by Erich Maria Remarque

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant and touching portrayal, 9 Mar. 2016
I am not someone who reads loads of war stuff in fact I think I would find much of it dull and mechanical. This book however totally transcends the genre. It is so human and moving. It follows the story of a young recruit and his fellow soldiers as they trawl through the harrowing experience of The Great War. Switches flick between callousness, selfishness, shallowness, emptiness, powerlessness and the raw love, hurt and sadness.
I got this out on a whim at my local library but I became so involved with the characters, it made me cry.
It may be about The Great War but the storytelling is timeless and as relevant as ever.

What's Their Name? Classic Children's Guessing Game Guess Who The Character Is
What's Their Name? Classic Children's Guessing Game Guess Who The Character Is
Offered by Astra Discount

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, terrible put together yourself tat, 6 Dec. 2015
Terrible flimsy, not a patch on the original I had as a kid. I paid £5 for this but having opened it and put together myself - oh yes you have to do that- it us abysmal, I wouldn't have even paid £2 if I'd known what I was getting. I am not even going to give to my son for Xmas as he would be thoroughly frustrated with the tiny pieces of cardboard and plastic that would be sure to break within minutes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gretel and the Dark
Gretel and the Dark
by Eliza Granville

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark but gripping tale, 26 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Gretel and the Dark (Paperback)
What a fab read. At times a bit hard to follow as stories and reality converge but worth sticking with for sure. Dark but so compelling. Was nearly crying at times. Definitely recommend.

Who Cooked Adam Smith's Dinner?: A Story About Women and Economics
Who Cooked Adam Smith's Dinner?: A Story About Women and Economics
by Katrine Marcal

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug. 2015
Love this book. Very thought provoking. Recommend.

Piccalilly Organic Cotton Blue Boys Candy Stripe Woven Pyjamas
Piccalilly Organic Cotton Blue Boys Candy Stripe Woven Pyjamas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, so traditional and they wash very well, 19 Aug. 2015
Love these, so traditional and they wash very well. My little boy looks gorgeous in them. Just ordered a yellow striped pair too. I have the red checked ones (with a boat on) too and they are a bit lighter in fabric but equally beautiful.

Playshoes Rain Dungarees Waterproofs Straight Boy's Trousers Green 5-6 Years (116)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2015
Love these. Great colour, not bulky and reasonable price too. Great buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6