Profile for gooseberryfool > Reviews

Content by gooseberryfool

gooseberryfool (London, U.K)

Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet for Adult Yier® Teens Living Room Bedroom Sofa Super Soft Blankets Sleeping Bags-Purple
Offered by Yier

5.0 out of 5 stars prompt delivery and looks good!, 21 Dec. 2016
as this is a christmas present, i have yet to ask the recipients reaction, however i have opened the package and from what i see is exactly as described and is going to be warm and cosy for a person who is always cold! prompt delivery and looks good!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... brought as a birthday gift and my friend totally loved it. Was made with attention to detail and ..., 25 Jun. 2016
This was brought as a birthday gift and my friend totally loved it.
Was made with attention to detail and looked really special.
There was helpful correspondence with the seller too.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
by Liane Moriarty

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money!, 28 July 2015
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
I had been looking forward to reading this book for a long time...when I finally got around to it, I fell asleep several times and gave up before even finding out what the huge secret was...whoever says this is "unputdownable" must be having a laugh at everyone's expense. Really bad.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it all the way until the end which I ..., 13 April 2015
loved it all the way until the end which I felt was a little rushed. the main character wasn't easy to like, and then right at the end you realise that none of the books characters were likeable...which is strange because i don't think I've read a book where every character is difficult to root for. I think the author wrote a story that was unputdownable at times, but nevertheless flawed at the end which was slightly hysterical and didn't ring true to life. you will probably guess the twist straight away, but still worth a read as you will definitely get wrapped up in Rachel's story.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars the shock of the fall, 22 Feb. 2015
What a beautifully written book.
I couldn't recommend it enough.
I've just sat and read the entire book within a few days and it made me cry at times and laugh at others.
A central character who needs to tell his story in his own way, and who tells it perfectly.

Aokeshen Charm Pink Retro Shoulder Bag Messenger School Tote Owl Fox PU Purse Womens Ladies Handbag New Arrive
Offered by niruan

5.0 out of 5 stars brought as a present, and she loves it. ..., 16 Jan. 2015
brought as a present, and she loves it.
very cute, petite and colourful.
The product may take a little time in arriving but there was helpful correspondence with the seller/company.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman

2.0 out of 5 stars what was that all about??!, 5 Jan. 2015
I am one of the lucky ones who didn't waste my own money on this, as it was a present for Christmas.
I feel like I've read a totally different story to the one others are reviewing.
The first thing I noticed was the large font, it seemed a juxtaposition to the supposed "dark" theme the novel was trying to convey.
However I thought maybe I had been wrong as I began to like what I was reading. At first.
The plot then gets a little silly with so many unanswered questions!
The unnamed man is driving back through the village he grew up in, reminiscing on a strange childhood where he encountered a lodger at his house who later took his own life in a car down the end of the lane.
That's when a young girl from a nearby farm takes the young boy away from the gruesome scene back to where she lives with her mother and her grandmother. The Hempstocks.
From this point onwards, absolutely nothing makes sense.
Like who are these people, and why are they fighting an entity made up of rags and material (an entity that is trying to give everyone in the vicinity some money???...) why is the rag monster then a worm? who then disguises itself as a babysitter, that then has an affair with the boy's father??? that then gets eaten by hunger birds that then start eating this world in order to get to the young boy. Nothing makes any sense.
What on earth is the reference to the kitten with blue eyes at the Hempstocks farm that disappears half way through the story when you think there's a reason why the author keeps mentioning it??
and what is with the ending? I read right through to the end thinking all the loose threads would be tied up. But no, they were not.
This is a ridiculous story that quite frankly baffles me and I'm not sure what other people are seeing that I haven't.
Nevertheless I have heard that the authors other books are very good, so I look forward to reading something else of his.

How To Be [DVD] [2008]
How To Be [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson

5.0 out of 5 stars fab!, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: How To Be [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I first went to see this movie at a screening in Leicester Squares Prince Charles cinema, where the director and some of the cast were present for a Q&A session after the film had concluded. I have to say, it's been a while since I've watched a film where so many people in the audience were laughin, almost all the way through. I totally loved it, all the performances were great, every character with their own demons, and so many tragically funny parts that are both cringe-worthy and hillarious, the "hug" scene comes to mind!! I've watched this film a few times since i've brought it, and I have to say, I enjoy it more every time. Brilliant!!

The Haunted Airman [DVD]
The Haunted Airman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars errr???, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Haunted Airman [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit, I felt exactly the same about this storyline as some others. Im sure when I read the book, things will be that much clearer, but I really had very little idea what the whole plot was actually about. It seems this man is supposedly haunted by his visions during the War, yet he acts as though he has no regrets at all for any lives he may have taken, so when he starts to become haunted by spiders(?),and shadows, there's no real notion of exactly why...
Despite the fact that I felt like it ended just as it was getting interesting, I have to admit that I found Robert Pattinsons acting, extremely compelling to watch. He was the best thing in it by far, so it's probably worth watching just for that!!