Profile for Catherine N > Reviews

Scotland Touring Map
Scotland Touring Map
by Collins Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 1 April 2016
This review is from: Scotland Touring Map (Paperback)
My last Collins map of Scotland was purchased in 2001 and much-used since then, to the point of decrepitude. So much handier than a road atlas when planning an overall route, as it places destinations in perspective and promptly indicates whether another route would actually get you where you hope to be! This new Collins map has a larger scale, which puts half the map (N-S) on each side of the sheet. Not really a problem, particularly as the scale allows for much better marking of places of interest, and more of the minor roads. A great purchase - if in doubt, and even if you already have an atlas, don't hesitate to buy this.

Leather Watch Band Punch Puncher Strap Watchmaker Tool Belt Make Bore Hole 6PCS
Leather Watch Band Punch Puncher Strap Watchmaker Tool Belt Make Bore Hole 6PCS
Offered by Bueautiful Union

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, efficient and fun, 1 April 2016
I agree (so far) with all the positive comments made by other purchasers who awarded 5 stars and, like them, loved the translation of the description as "The beautiful gravitation [rotation] in circle beats the bore machine [awl]". I bought this item for papercrafting, mainly, and I tried it out on the sturdy foam packaging. I would suggest, as a result, that if you're using the punch of something like craft foam that will take an impression of the collet ring when the punch is depressed, you work from the wrong side. The circular cut removes completely (so far) and is retained in the neck of the device until emptied simply by shaking. I can feel the urge to rush around the house like a toddler with a crayon, punching holes in everything. On the down side, although well within delivery time, I became impatient for delivery: the order was placed on March 12th and the parcel delivered through the letterbox on March 31st. EDIT: Without racing round the house to punch a hole in everything punchable, I've now found that I have a problem with this product. The bits aren't sharp, and what sharpness there is, dulls very quickly. After only two holes, I'm struggling with paper, let alone card. Fortunately I believe I have the tool on hand which will sharpen the bits, but it will have to be done carefully because of course they're very tiny. Disappointed.

Heidifeathers Curly Wool Locks (Carnival)
Heidifeathers Curly Wool Locks (Carnival)
Offered by Heidifeathers®

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright locks, 12 July 2015
The label "Carnival" should have told me the colours were brighter and more in the primary range than the photo suggested, but actually I don't mind as they're a good selection. Very happy with my purchase.

LUPO® iPad Tablet Desk Stand Holder - Universal Portable Lightweight for Apple iPhones, Smartphones, Folding Portable 7 to 10 inch 1 2 3 4 Air Mini, Samsung, Galaxy Tab, Google, Nexus Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy little stand, 12 July 2015
Comes in a little pouch, tidies away neatly, sturdy enough for small displays. I bought it as a gift for someone else but I'm keeping it for myself instead, to hold medium size mood boards for design projects.

Westclox Travelmate Folding Travel Alarm Clock, Black 47508
Westclox Travelmate Folding Travel Alarm Clock, Black 47508

4.0 out of 5 stars Tidy, practical little clock, 5 July 2015
Well wrapped, prompt delivery. Very easy to operate, and folds shut for travel. Only drawbacks are backlight to either side rather than actually in the background, light weight (it may go sailing off the bedside table in my half-waking state?!), and use of alternative battery to the AA or AAA type which makes replacement slightly more difficult. HAven't yet tried the alarm or snooze functions.

(10x) SM Plain Wood Wooden Hearts embelishments craft shapes blank heart shape
(10x) SM Plain Wood Wooden Hearts embelishments craft shapes blank heart shape

3.0 out of 5 stars Splashing out on stars, 5 July 2015
Well-wrapped and prompt delivery but item not of dimensions stated, each otherwise lovely heart being 5cm x 5cm, not 6cm x 6cm, and also of less than 2mm thickness not 3mm as stated; package weight uncertain. However, I shall keep these as I have an alternative use for them, though clearly I am paying for a lesser product than I have received.

Dimplex 2 KW Electric Flat Fan Heater
Dimplex 2 KW Electric Flat Fan Heater

1.0 out of 5 stars Three year warranty is no guideline!, 15 Feb. 2015
This product ceased to function correctly within two weeks of the Amazon cut-off date for return. Under no circumstances do I want another of these heaters. It now runs for only a little while then cuts out and will not restart until I try it again hours later. Probably either it is overheating (despite being regularly cleaned as per the manufacturer's instructions) or the thermostat is faulty. I have given it a one-star rating solely because a rating of some sort is required in order to be able to post a comment. If you enjoy frustration, buy this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, tip-top service, 11 Feb. 2015
Purchased this item to have spare blades on hand for my trimmer. Definitely necessary to note that these are PERSONAL paper trimmer replacement blades, checking the manufacturer's item number in order to ensure the blades fit. This is the second item purchased from the seller, Pinetrees Trading, and it was (as previously) delivered with lightning speed. The trimmer and blades are excellent products, though as always with non-metal trimmers, cutting accuracy needs to be checked as plastics aren't always sensitive to the need for right angles!

HP 124A Magenta Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Q6003A)
HP 124A Magenta Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Q6003A)

5.0 out of 5 stars No doubt as to authenticity, 5 Jun. 2014
Very prompt delivery via courier. Item exceedingly well-packaged -- actually quite difficult to break into, taking account of the parcel taping. I was forewarned on the delivery note that it might have been resealed, and my suspicions were aroused. However, when I eventually peeled my way inside the cardboard box (one knife-stab later), I found the cartridge was in HP Original, sealed, plastic bubble wrap. I've only just loaded it into my laserjet, gone through the cleaning process several times, and printed out about 20 PDFs - so it's early days to comment on the longevity of the toner. However, the printouts are fine and there was no 'eek! this is a fake!' warning message from the printer, so I'm about to order a second replacement cartridge (cyan) from the same supplier.

Modern-Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit
Modern-Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit
by Simon G. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb guide, especially for beginners, 23 Jan. 2014
I'm returning to a modified form of macrobiotics after many years, and have kept this book on hand for guests. So impressed are they that I've ordered a copy for a friend, and another copy for a relative via Amazon.com . @Standard' nutritional content as well as 'energetic' explanations made this book a winner for all of us.

Page: 1 | 2