Profile for R. L. Hore > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 4 Jun. 2014
I purchased this housing on the back of other reviews I had read. It fits together easily, although repeated opening/closing may make the screw holes larger and may fail. Not a problem really as I don't see opening it much. The status LEDs are very bright. A very good housing.

Canon LiDE 700F photo (9600dpi Advanced CCD technology), film and document Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use but feels delicate, 2 May 2014
I am a Mac user and my old scanner was no longer supported so I plumbed for one of these. It has a plastic feel about it and is lightweight. Does not need a power supply as it powers from the USB port. Very quick to scan compared to my old scanner. Can either be used lying flat like a normal scanner or it has a built in stand to stand it at approx 60 degrees. In this position the hinge is at the bottom and opens enough to insert documents but does not need much desk space. Scans are fine. Not tried the slide scanner as I have a dedicated one.

Duronic Black 5m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a cable, 2 May 2014
Not much I can say about a cable but they are fairly flexible and have solid looking connectors. Arrived in good time.

Synology DS412+ DiskStation 4 Bay Desktop NAS
Synology DS412+ DiskStation 4 Bay Desktop NAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 May 2014
I loaded the 412 with 4 3Tb WD Red drives. Turned it on and browsed to the interface. Setting up was simple and I now have an ~8Tb RAID. Faster than my previous Buffalo NAS. Very simple administration interface.

Kolay® The New iPad 3 Advance Multi-Function Flip Cover Leather Stand Case - Black (2012 Latest Generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection, 26 Jan. 2014
I have had one of these for well over a year and it is excellent. So much so I had forgotton I had not reviewed it. It offeres excellent protection to my iPad. It is still in good condition despite some abuse. I don't use the stand much but not because it does not work, just because that is not how I work. Well built and should last a long time.

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan. 2014
I used to use the Apple mouse and I purchased the track pad on a wim. I don't even know where my mouse is now. The track pad makes a Mac so easy to use. BUY ONE.

Xavax coffee-capsule holder Rondello for 48 Tassimo capsules
Xavax coffee-capsule holder Rondello for 48 Tassimo capsules
Offered by DISCOUNT ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Jan. 2014
We have had one of these for well over a year now and it just sits there and does its job. Each half column holds a pack of disks. It also spins round so you can store it against a wall and still get to the 'back' disks easily.

Silverline 127998 Log Saw Horse Capacity, 150 kg
Silverline 127998 Log Saw Horse Capacity, 150 kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to make stable, 26 Jan. 2014
The saw horse is compact but getting it to be stable is difficult. Usually one the latches that lock the legs apart tends to release when the unit is being used. It does not collapse but is not ideal. Otherwise it is fine for most uses.

PATHFINDER 21 LED Headlamp Headlight - Lightweight, Comfortable and Weatherproof Flash Light/Torch - Water Resistant Safety Head Lamp - 4 User-Friendly Modes of Operation - Garage Workshop Garden Head lamp, Head Torch for Biking, Cycling, Climbing, Camping, Dog Walking, Hiking, Fishing, Night Reading, Riding, Running and other Outdoor and Indoor Activities - Adjustable Head Strap - 135 Degrees Adjustable Beam Angle - 100,000 Hours LED lifetime (in RETAIL PACKAGING) - SILVER
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

Beginning MapServer: Open Source GIS Development (Expert's Voice in Open Source)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for MapServer users, 26 Jan. 2014
I have been looking at various 'map server' (GeoServer, MapServer etc) so needed to know more. The book is well written and covers all you need to know but in the end I have plumbed for GeoServer. Nothing to do with the book, GeoServer just seems a lot easier to configure etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11