Profile for L Weale > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Merrell Terran Cross II, Women's Hook and Loop Sandals - Orange, 7 UK
Merrell Terran Cross II, Women's Hook and Loop Sandals - Orange, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, comfortable, lightweight walking sandals, 27 Jun. 2016
This is the first time I have worn this style of Merrell sandals - I got them yesterday and have worn them to work today and so far they have been really comfortable. They are quite lightweight walking sandals, with solid soles, a padded and arched inner sole and a fuzzy cover to the inner sole which I like. The only adjustable strap is across the front of the ankle. I like Merrell for many reasons but one is they are more forgiving than many shoes for people with wider feet.

Curiously Amazon say I bought orange shoes but in fact I bought black and grey.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Hydrating Facial Cleanser 100 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Hydrating Facial Cleanser 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Hydrating facial cleanser with purified bee venom, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had this product as a sample from Amazon and it is one where when I got it, I wished I hadn't volunteered, as it says on it 'Do not use if you have an allergy to bee stings' and I can be fairly allergic - not that I have been stung in years, so I'm not sure about bees. It isn't that the packaging isn't clear - it is. Okay, so that's why I have been a cautious user of this product. As a product, the packaging is nice and the hydrating facial wash has a lovely texture and a pleasant smell. The suggestion of 'youthful looking skin' is presumably from the purified bee venom - I seem to recall seeing people on the TV talking about letting bees sting them for the benefits it gives. It seems to work well as a cleanser.

Altogether a pleasant smelling, efficient cleanser, which once I'd done a patch test, left my skin feeling pleasant.

Post-It Index Strong Filing Tabs, Pink, Green, Orange (22 of each colour)
Post-It Index Strong Filing Tabs, Pink, Green, Orange (22 of each colour)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good re-usable index flags, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first pack of Post-it index flags. These are are made of a fine grainy plastic and are 2.54cm by 3.8cm (or for people who prefer imperial measures 1in by 1.5in). Each tab has a coloured end that takes up a third of the the length (half an inch) - it is the clear section that is sticky. The image on the packaging shows a white tab with a fine coloured border and writing - there isn't anything about whether you can write on these on the packet but I tried it with a gel-pen and it seems to have dried okay. I use these for marking up note and project books, so I can find particular sections. I think they work really well and I like the packaging - the labels come in a stiff fold of plastic which lets you pull off one label at a time and leaves the next label ready to be used.

Post-it Note Markers 50 each of Fuchsia - Jade Green - Turquoise and Neon Yellow Ref 6704U [Pack of 4]

4.0 out of 5 stars Teeny tiny Post-it notes, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Teeny tiny post Post-it notes in a paper folder. I'm sure there must be people who don't use Post-it notes but when I was at school (before Post-it notes (30 years ago!!)) people used to have to mark up books by writing on them and highlighting passages and you could never find what you wanted and you could never borrow someone else's book without being inundated by their mark-ups. I think the advent of Post-it notes in all shapes and forms has been great. With this pack you can bookmark, colour code, and actually point at bits of the text you care about and when you are finished, lend it to someone else, so they can do exactly the same. The reason I have only given it four stars - because I'm definitely a fan - is the packaging is a bit odd. I fought my way into the first layer of packaging and then found the inner packet was shrink wrapped (tiny and fiddly) and then the Post-it notes are presented in an annoying paper folder <- I'm not sure if there is a better alternative but it is an annoying folder.

The Reading Glasses Company Purple Tortoiseshell Readers Value 3 Pack Womens Ladies UVR3PK009PP Strength +1.50
Offered by ROWALK HOLDINGS LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value reading glasses, 30 May 2016
I'm terrible with glasses - I leave them about, I shove them in my handbag with my keys - so they all die pretty quickly. I'm on my first pair since I bought these and they are holding up well considering they belong to me. I am trying to be a bit better behaved with them. They are approx. 13cm from corner to corner at the top of the frame and I find them comfortable and I can push them down my nose and peer over them if I walk around wearing them and they stay on.

Salter 9150 Glass Analyser Electronic BMI Digital Bathroom Scale - Black
Salter 9150 Glass Analyser Electronic BMI Digital Bathroom Scale - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good scales, 29 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This seems to be a perfectly good pair of scales but I've struggled and failed with the analyser options. I've managed to get the analyser section started but setting up a person, which looks like it should be straightforward - all I get is flashing numbers. So feeling fairly frustrated.

Sonic Chic Urban Toothbrush, Starlight
Sonic Chic Urban Toothbrush, Starlight

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but not great performance, 26 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was disappointed in this travel toothbrush. The good things about it are that it is compact and is pretty much its own carry-case so you can take it anywhere. I've not had a sonic toothbrush before, so wasn't quite sure what I was getting but the whole brush buzzes when you turn it on and having read about it - this seems to be what sonic brushes do. The bad things for me were that it comes with a battery but when I put the battery in nothing happened. I put another battery in and it was fine. I used it and missed the rotating head on my electric toothbrush but this is a small version, so decided I should try it for a couple of days and see how I felt about it. I used it again last night and found the button didn't turn it on straight away and I had to have several goes for it to switch on. I felt the brushing was better having looked up sonic toothbrushes during the day. However I couldn't turn it off - in the end I undid it and took the battery out. It may just be this one and another brush would behave better but it was disappointing. I considered 2 stars or 3 stars and decided that I like the idea just not the performance and ended up with 2 stars.

iPhone 5 / 5s Case, Snugg - Candy Pink Leather iPhone 5/5s Flip Case [Lifetime Guarantee] Premium Wallet Phone Cover with Card Slots for Apple iPhone 5 / 5s
Offered by TheSnugg

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent iPhone 5s case, 16 May 2016
I have a Snugg case for my i-pod and it is very satisfactory so when I had to buy a case for a new phone I was happy to buy a second. I like the loud colours - it makes my technology easier to find and they all have to be different, so I can tell which one is which and these guys provide a wide range of colours. And they do what they say. I think this one is slightly less pink that I thought it might be - probably good, And the phone fit in the plastic tray very easily. Altogether a fine purchase.

B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A1 Bluetooth Speaker - Natural
B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A1 Bluetooth Speaker - Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish portable speaker with a lovely clear sound, 16 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It has been really interesting being given such a lovely piece of kit to play with. I didn't find it quite as portable as it suggests in the advertising - its about 12.5cm across and 4cm deep and weighs approx. 575g but it is a very portable speaker. I took it on the Eurostar and it came up on the scanner and I had to have my baggage searched but it was allowed through. It did take me a moment to get to grips with the on/off, bluetooth connectivity buttons and they do seem to be switches of some sort under a smooth flexible skin. The manual was tiny but very straightforward - I was amazed - so many manuals are awful - but pleased. You need something that is bluetooth enabled to play music. I have been using my laptop and my Amazon music library and my phone. We have played a variety of music on it - 60s Folk e.g. Simon & Garfunkel and classical music, including the Marian Consort. We have had it sit on a table, on a concrete floor, hanging from the leather cord and on towels. We found that on the concrete floor with a woman singing classical music we had an interesting boomy sound, which wasn't there on the towels or hanging. On the whole, we liked the sound the most when the speaker is hanging. My partner is now considering treating himself to one, so we can have one with us at any time. I took it in to work and showed it to a friend who likes these sorts of things and he reckoned it was pretty good value for the technical spec. We also tried playing a phone through the bluetooth connection to use as a speaker which seemed good. I charged it up 10 days ago and I haven't used it every day but it is still going on the one charge. I have managed to chip the surface slightly already but the advertising says this is to be expected and not to worry. I think the only think that surprises me is that it doesn't come with a bag for it and the wire for charging it. Otherwise it is a lovely thing and a listening delight.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 6:07 PM BST

Rexel ID Guard Roller - Pretty Pink
Rexel ID Guard Roller - Pretty Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab roller for making private text unreadable, 6 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have just received my review edition of the Rexel ID Guard roller and it is fabulous. You do have to be a bit of a stationery fiend to find an ID Guard Roller fabulous but I can see myself buying these and giving them to my friends. You press the black button at the top and the case opens to reveal a little roller , which you run over the text you want to hide and it covers it in a pattern of black letters and shapes. If you were completely obsessive you might be able to work out what is underneath the pattern but I don't think many people would have the patience and a second covering really makes it difficult to see. I just think its great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20