Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
30 Must-Have Mozart Wind Concertos
30 Must-Have Mozart Wind Concertos

4.0 out of 5 stars So much better than I expected., 22 April 2013
Okay, no stellar names ..sometimes, no names at all. However, a real bargain. No bad performances and some really good ones. The recordings aren't bad, in fact they are very reasonable. I bought it to play inthe car but have actually LISTENED to a number of the performances. If you are new to Mozart, a perfect introduction at this giveaway price.

Showboat
Showboat

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleo Laine sang in this production .. all the recommendation it needs, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Showboat (Audio CD)
Cleo Laine sang in this production .. all the recommendation it needs. I saw this production in the West End many years ago. It is very good and woth buying for Cleo Laine alone.

A Cold Day for Murder (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 1)
A Cold Day for Murder (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 April 2013
I enjoyed the Alaskan setting for this and the characters, set in context. The story, perhaps, has no real surprises but the journey of the investigation makes it an entertaining read and the background makes it different. I am looking forward to reading other books in the series.

The Plague and The Fire
The Plague and The Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing account, 22 April 2013
This is an entertaining and full account for the general reader. Very good in terms of the human dimension and different perspectives. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was written a few decades back.

Mozart: Complete Solo Piano Concertos (The Voxbox Edition)
Mozart: Complete Solo Piano Concertos (The Voxbox Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this but ..... a bargain, 22 April 2013
I had these recordings, many of them, as a teenager. Vox recordings were relatively cheap. The performances are in general better than the recordings, but that said, the recordings aren't bad. The orchestras are ok but not brilliant. However, some of the pianism is stellar, particularly the early Brendel. At the current low price, just buy it.

Goin' Up
Goin' Up

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Freddie! That's enough for me., 22 April 2013
This review is from: Goin' Up (MP3 Download)
What is there to say? If you like this type of music, you'll love this. If you don't, well - you should give it a try.

40 Must-Have Mozart String Masterpieces
40 Must-Have Mozart String Masterpieces

4.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain., 22 April 2013
I bought this just to have play along inthe car for longer journeys. I did not expect much but some of the performances are really good and none of them are less than ok. The recorded sound is also better than I had expected. At the current price, don't hesitate, esecially if you want to dip your toe into Mozart for the first time.

The Concerto Recordings
The Concerto Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent., 22 April 2013
I could not resist this at the price. The sound is very good and I had a faint meory of these recordings from my childhood. Perhaps not my preferred recordings of these works but very good.

Piano Grade 8 2012-14 (Trinity Piano Examinations)
Piano Grade 8 2012-14 (Trinity Piano Examinations)
by Trinity Guildhall

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are doing Grade 8, you have no choice., 22 April 2013
If you are doing Grade 8, you have no choice. It is an essential requirement and being ableto buy it at a discount was a bonus.

Free Radical: A Memoir
Free Radical: A Memoir

3.0 out of 5 stars It sits on my Kindle, waiting ...., 22 Mar. 2013
I bought this on a 99p offer, and only because it was on promotion. I quite like Vince Cable - as much as one can like a politician. I quite like the fact that it's sitting there on my Kindle, waiting to be read. It might be quite interesting, but, on the other hand, it might not be. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will wait and wait and wait ... until one day, I will have forgotten who Vince Cable was and will delete the book unread. Does that make me a bad person?

I think the book is aimed at well-meaning, mildly interested people, like me, who will always find something else, apparently more interesting, to read in preference.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9