Profile for Catherine > Reviews

SEASON 3
SEASON 3
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 25 April 2014
This review is from: SEASON 3 (DVD)
I have just finished watching this on Prime time. I absolutely loved this series, so moving and so refreshing when experiencing the innocence and beauty that is Kyle. Truly one of the best series I have seen. Why four stars and not five? Well I did not like the introduction of Jessie. I preferred it that Kyle was on his own and just found Jessie an annoying addition. She came between Kyle and Amanda, a relationship that was truly wondrous. I was hoping they would round off this series by at least implying that Kyle and Jessie were related, like brother and sister. I watched Season 4 on prime time and of course there was no true ending. This series could have gone on for another season at least. I would've liked to have witnessed a conclusion and hopefully see Amanda and Kyle together again, perhaps marry. I know there are fans of Jessie on here, but this is my opinion and I am sure that the series would've been better without her in it. This series was about Kyle - and no Jessie did not "own" the third season or "fourth" season at all. The entire series belonged to the wonderful Matt Dallas who portrayed Kyle as if it was written especially for him.

I think it was starting to get a little too complicated towards the last season and this was why Jessie should never have been brought in. Fans of Jessie should also remember that Kyle had already stated that Amanda was the only one for him. Also Jessie was infatuated with Declan when she was brought into the show, it was only when she was "fixed" that she started to focus on Kyle.

A magnificent series spoilt by the presence of an unnecessary character who tried and failed to dominate an otherwise perfect show.

Would You Rather [DVD] [2013] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Would You Rather [DVD] [2013] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 10 Feb. 2014
I felt the plot was a good idea, but suspect that most people given such an offer would be cautious. Iris's brother needs a bone transplant, but she hasn't got the money to help him. So she takes up the offer of a stranger to try and win a competition. Some of it was just to hard to swallow, pardon the pun, but a vegetarian starting to eat meat like that without puking...no way, sorry. The ending was disappointing, and made the whole idea pointless. The first hour of the film is very good though because you don't know what to expect, but then as it goes on, it just fails to deliver. Worth a watch, but not one to add to a collection.

The Devil's Business [DVD]
The Devil's Business [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly very good, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Devil's Business [DVD] (DVD)
I must admit it took me two watches to actually enjoy this film. It is rather slow to start with, lots of dialogue between two gangsters awaiting the arrival of Mr Kist who they have been ordered to be killed. One of the gangsters is new and just a boy who really feels uneasy about the job in hand. There is something very eerie going on in the house. This film turns out to be quite gruesome, and the ending I rather enjoyed. Only criticism is that perhaps it could have been longer and faster paced, but I felt it was a gem of a film and an excellent twist on a gangster film.

The Innocent [DVD]
The Innocent [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Patrick Flaherty
Offered by The Happy Zombie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ghost story, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Innocent [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit, despite it being too dark in certain scenes, this is quite a good film. Rather eerie, the acting isn't that great, and perhaps not that an original story, but nevertheless I enjoyed it. The ghosts are brilliant and there's a reason behind the haunting. The mother has returned to her old home and is made to realise her awful past. A good ghost story, shame about the quality of the film, but overall much better than many horror films out there which rely heavily on gore.

Thanatomorphose [DVD]
Thanatomorphose [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kayden Rose

1.0 out of 5 stars Sickening and disturbing, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Thanatomorphose [DVD] (DVD)
An avid horror fan I came across this film which I thought would be interesting as well as original. I really wish I could give this film no stars. It is utter rubbish. True it is horror, in the real sense of the word. It contains no story, no dialogue, no plot and no acting. I really think anybody could walk around like that mostly naked and covered in what seems to be like mud smothering them at first. It begins with bruises, hair falling out, nails breaking off. What is obvious in the beginning however, since we don't know what caused this to happen to the woman, is that there is no cure and that the speed in which it occurs would make medical intervention impossible anyway. It is a disgusting film, obviously the work of a warped imagination. There should have been some idea as to why it occurred to this woman. The character herself is not likeable, just an ordinary woman, highly sexed and why any man would give into her advances whilst she is in that state is beyond me. The music is eerie, advisory caution should be given to epileptics because of some of the strange lighting photography and those of a nervous disposition and certain mental illnesses should avoid this film at all costs. It's one of the worst films I have seen. And yet it is also compelling viewing for all the wrong reasons, it will play on your mind for a long time afterwards watch out for her piercing scream at the end which is the most chilling I have ever heard in a film. If like me, you like horror films to have a story, a decent script and decent acting, avoid this. If on the other hand you are looking for involuntary bowel movements and vomiting and graphic rotting matter, this film is for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2013 7:27 PM GMT

The Green Book
The Green Book
by Muammar Al Gathafi

5.0 out of 5 stars Gadaffi - in his own words., 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Green Book (Paperback)
I think one has to be open minded regarding this book. It is well written and rather poetic, I was very impressed with it. Although I didn't agree with everything contained within it, it was an education into the man.

The Man with the Golden Gun [DVD] [1974]
The Man with the Golden Gun [DVD] [1974]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Roger Moore at his best!, 16 Dec. 2013
One of my all time favourite Bond movies. The only fault being that the amazing Christopher Lee almost stole the show! Very memorable film worth watching again and again.

Removal [DVD]
Removal [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Burke

3.0 out of 5 stars Removal DVD, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Removal [DVD] (DVD)
Started off very good, but turned out rather disappointing. I only watched it the once and then passed DVD on.

The Purge [DVD] [2013]
The Purge [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Lena Headey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Purge, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Purge [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Great film, original idea. I should imagine the idea of this film will be copied in many films to come. Very well packaged and gratefully received. Thank you.

Ben
Ben
by Kerry Needham

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Needham, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ben (Hardcover)
My mother is into mysteries such as Madeleine McCann, and we have to remind ourselves there are more that Maddie missing. Hope one day that Ben will be found.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6