Profile for johnandjennyjohn > Reviews

Content by johnandjennyjohn

johnandjennyjohn "John Martin" (Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Tom Franks Mens Bright Coloured Diamond Socks 7-11 10 Pack Multi
Tom Franks Mens Bright Coloured Diamond Socks 7-11 10 Pack Multi
Offered by F & F Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct. 2016
Excellent socks: I will buy more.

The Empty Trap
The Empty Trap

5.0 out of 5 stars I know why Lee Child likes this writer, 29 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Empty Trap (Kindle Edition)
An awesome book. Right from the start you are in it and it doesn't let go. Serious criminals are not like us. They are filth and deserve nothing from us, certainly not mercy. However
to preserve our humanity we have to act like humans. This book celebrates our humanity and I loved it. I like Jack Reacher but he is an outsider. Amazon should pay a fair rate of UK taxes.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

2.0 out of 5 stars Class ridden rubbish outraged almost beyond belief except that the same attitudes persist., 26 Jun. 2016
When I read "Far from the maddening crowd" I was struck by the presence of real people. I knew them even across 150 years and another world. In this story I was presented with a series of caricatures: the lady of the manor; the rascally and poor private Secretary; the impoverished lady earning a living as a parlour maid. I was left with the knowledge I had wasted my time reading it. Who cares who did it: kill them all!

One Fearful Yellow Eye : Introduction by Lee Child: Travis McGee, No.8
One Fearful Yellow Eye : Introduction by Lee Child: Travis McGee, No.8

5.0 out of 5 stars Clumsied! A great word in a great book., 23 May 2016
Great. I love Jack Reacher but this is just as good with great use of made up words. Maybe it's better.

Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nokia, HTC , Mp3 Players etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fit and sound., 23 May 2016
Lovely fit and sound. Good price: I recommend them. Amazon should pay a faur rate of UK taxes based on the business they do here and not hide behind a shell in Luxembourg.

Tripwire (Jack Reacher, Book 3)
Tripwire (Jack Reacher, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 May 2016
I love this guy's writing.

Easiyo Strawberry Flavoured Yogurt Sachet - 240g
Easiyo Strawberry Flavoured Yogurt Sachet - 240g
Offered by BiggerJugs

4.0 out of 5 stars TOO MUCH SUGAR!, 19 May 2016
TOO MUCH SUGAR! 15g per 100g is a high sugar content (BBC iWonder re sugar) and this comes in at 14.2g. Too high for me: I'm not buying it anymore.

Elgento E011/MO 12 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator, Coffee Maker, 1200 W, 1.8 L - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 26 Dec. 2015
Good for coffee but the base insert has broken after two years. I don't think that's good enough!

The Valley of the Wolves
The Valley of the Wolves
by Laura Gallego Garcia

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 5 Dec. 2015
Awesome: recommended by my 14 year old female Spanish student visitors and they were quite right. Excellent writing; a good story and a wonderful central character.
Laura Gallego Garcia has written a lot of books now but few are in English. That's a shame!

Super! Get it.

Green Apple Silicone 17x17cm Square Colourful Heat Resistant Trivet Pot Mat Coaster Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov. 2015
Ronseal! Light, flexible and colourful. Amazon should pay proper UK taxes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12