Profile for L. Coles > Reviews

Content by L. Coles

L. Coles (Sheffield, UK)

Foxnovo 06221 Waterproof Unisex Pulse Heart Rate Monitor Calorie Counter Sports Digital Watch with Date /Alarm /Stopwatch (Purple)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 2 Nov. 2015
Bought this as a watch to wear for swimming and it was certainly not waterproof. First time in the pool, water in it and stopped working

Never Mind the Hotpots
Never Mind the Hotpots

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Hotpots!, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Never Mind the Hotpots (Audio CD)
Bought this after hearing one track on the radio and am so glad I did. really funny and catchy tunes I've been singing for weeks! Also a great gift for any grumpy northerners you know.

Panache Women's Porcelain Moulded Bra Nude 3376 34F
Panache Women's Porcelain Moulded Bra Nude 3376 34F

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and so hard to find, 2 Aug. 2013
I have never bought a bra online because I was worried about fit but really struggled to find a nude moulded bra in any size bigger than a C so turned here in slight desperation. I'm glad I did, as this bra is very comfortable and fits well (34F). It is great for wearing under white t shirts, when white bras always show!

Edinburgh (AA CityPack Guides)
Edinburgh (AA CityPack Guides)
by AA Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide for a wonderful city, 17 Mar. 2011
We bought this guide book for a recent week in Edinburgh and it was definitely a goood choice! Although we knew some things we wanted to see, it provided us with lots of additional ideas and the restaurant recommendations were particularly good. The removable map was a great idea to just stick in a coat pocket for the day and I will definitely look at buying another in this series next time I go away.

Proteam Folding Step Stool, Various Colours
Proteam Folding Step Stool, Various Colours
Offered by ZONNIX UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more conveneient than 2 Yellow Pages, 3 Sept. 2010
I bought one of these as a gift for my old housemate who is, like me, somewhat vertically challenged. It is sooo useful for when just a few inches makes the difference in the kitchen, like reaching high shelves and cupboards. When we moved out earlier this year, I just had to get one for myself and it has proven just as useful in my new place. Because it folds away it doesn't take up much space in small flats and it's really easily transportable. My friend's 4-year-old also loves to use it when he comes to visit to help him reach the sink and light switches and also as a stool!

Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
by Good Homes Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, interesting solutions for weeknight suppers, 26 Dec. 2009
I absolutely love this book and use it at least twice every week to cook meals for myself and my flatmate after work. Most recipes are easily done in 30 minutes or so and are never very taxing. I use the book so often that I bought one for a friend for Christmas and she also loves it. Highly recommended!

Don't Panic
Don't Panic
Offered by 1Anything and Everything1

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game, even in the new format, 8 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Don't Panic (Toy)
I had this game as a child and absolutely loved it, so recently bought myself the new version.

I've been playing it with my friends, all in our early 20s, and I've enjoyed it as much as I did when I was 8!

The main differences from the 1990s version is that there are 5 levels of difficulty on each card, rather than the old "kids" and "adults" cards, which I feel is an improvement, as players can be ranked more easily. However, because of this change, they have taken out the "bonus round", which was always my favourite part. You can probably find a way to do it if you try though.

Only other criticism woudl be the enormous box for such a wonderfully compact game - I've chucked the box because it takes up so much room!

Umbra Multi Photo Storage Box Holds 500 4"x6" Photos - Walnut
Umbra Multi Photo Storage Box Holds 500 4"x6" Photos - Walnut

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than it looks, 8 Dec. 2009
I bought this as a gift for my partner's parents, since they always have stacks of photos around the house and it seemed like something a bit different which would solve this problem.

I was a bit worried by the reviews saying theirs were damaged on arrival but mine seems fine, except for a tiny scratch revealining the lighter wood underneath, which I have cunningly corrected with a marker pen, as there isn't time to return it before Christmas.

However, word of warning, it looks like the frame section is large enough to hold 2 15cmx10cm photos and 4 smaller ones but actually the dimensions of the frames are: 2 8.5cmx6.5cm and 4 5cmx3cm. So make sure you have pictures small enough! I suppose I should've worked this out from the box dimensions given, but I didn't.

Saying that, I've been looking at frames as well and they come out at a pretty similar price, so I think this is quite good value for money and now
I just hope they like it!

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, truly amazing, 1 Jun. 2004
i just could not believe this was a book aimed originally at children. it moved me so much, making me laugh and cry. i read the whole thing in one sitting, and in the past 4 days it has been read by the rest of my family, all of whom have varied literary tastes. i would highly recommend it to anyone of any age at any time. truly amazing and inspirational. i don't think there's anything more to be said. read it! you won't be disappointed