Profile for RadioMad > Reviews

Content by RadioMad

RadioMad (VENRAY, - Netherlands)

Family Guy - Season 3 [DVD] [1999]
Family Guy - Season 3 [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spent money ever!!, 20 Sept. 2003
I actually decided to order this DVD Box, because other people encouraged me to do so. I had never seen an episode of 'Family Guy' before, so this really was a blind purchase for me.
And man.. Im so glad I did!! This is easily amongst the greatest comedy series I have ever seen.
The dialogues are brilliant, the characters are unforgettable, and the show's just unbelievably funny.
I can't believe I missed out on this show. I've already ordered myself seasons 1&2 as well. Best spent money ever!!
P.s. The best episode here is 'To Live And Die In Dixie'. It's classic, but so are the other episodes.

The Last Broadcast
The Last Broadcast
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars How Doves made a masterpiece - The Best Album Of 2002, 26 April 2002
This review is from: The Last Broadcast (Audio CD)
I just bought and listened Doves'latest offort, entitled 'The Last Broadcast', and I'm speechless. That's why I decided to write about it. Fair enough, right?
The album hits off with a hypnotic instrumental intro, just before bursting into 'Words'; a fantastic upbeat anthem. A definite candidate for a future single release. It's got a thrilling rhythm, which just repeats itself over and over again.
Speaking of singles, first single 'There Goes The Fear' is next. A wonderful epic. It did very well in the UK Charts (#3), and listening to it just can't help but make you wonder why it didn't went straight to #1 instead. If this doesn't get you going, I don't know what does. Simply stunning!
'M62 Song' is a sweet 'summerish' acoustic track, resembling 'Road Trippin' by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Lovely.
'Where Were Calling From', another instrumental track, sounds like Doves calling out for us from space.
'N.Y.'(or 'New York') was actually the very first track I got to hear from this album. This song actually made me want to check this album out. A great upbeat track, jammed with marvellous sound effects and powerful riffs.
'Satellites' is a heartwarming centerpiece of the album. I don't know why, but it reminds me of 'Yellow' by Coldplay, but maybe it's just me talking silly. Anyway, it's a great track.
I love the guitars in 'Friday's Dust'; a very beautiful, melodic track. I think this track might have been the most experimental bit the band pulled in making this album. It sounds great.
'Pounding is just plain and simply... well... pounding. It's one of those feelgood songs, and definitely one of the album's highlights.
Title track 'Last Broadcast' is next. If Doves named the album after this track, it's destined to be a special one. And it sure is! "So here we are with the last broadcast", moans singer Jimi Goodwin. It just simply amazes me how they do it.
'The Sulphur Man' is jammed with haunting sound effects. Art, simply... art. Another highlight, and another potential single.
Closing track 'Caught By The River' starts off with a jangly guitar tune, and soon after exploses into a brilliant tune, which tends to go on and on forever (like 'There Goes The Fear'). fan-tas-tic!
And then... nothing! I can't believe it's actually over! I want more! I guess there's nothing left for me to do but to listen to it again, and again, and again..
'The Last Broadcast' is a definite grower, and Doves' future seems already planned out for them. They are sure to become huge with this stunner.
Best album of 2002, without a doubt. I don't care how many great albums will follow this year, but this is IT! This, dear readers, says it all.
The soundtrack of your lives! 'Nough said...