Profile for Dr. Christophe M. Turner > Reviews

Content by Dr. Christophe...

Dr. Christophe M. Turner

Alove Women's One Piece Swimsuit Print Racerback Swimwear Sports Swimming Costume
Offered by BLUA DONAU

3.0 out of 5 stars Drab and too small, 16 Jan. 2017
Based on other reviews I ordered this 2 sizes larger than my normal size. It is still a bit tight but wearable. Strong support in front but fairly thin material in back. Colour is not nearly as brilliant as in the photo; in real life it's rather drab. I'm
using it for water workouts and because of the support in front it's solid enough to stand up to vigorous exercise, but I don't know how long this one will last.

Human Factors in Healthcare: Level One
Human Factors in Healthcare: Level One
by Debbie Rosenorn-Lanng

5.0 out of 5 stars Debbie Rosenorn-Lang hits the bulls-eye., 25 May 2015
In my opinion this is currently (May 2015) the finest distillation of HF for healthcare you will come across. It is well written, funny in parts and consistently relevant. You won't read it in a day (220 pages), but neither will you need to set aside a couple of months of sheer concentration. I found myself moved to call others interested in patient safety and excellence just say "Wow- DRL has nailed our thoughts".
You'll never agree with everything an author has to say in this kind of book, but this is the closest I've come across in the HF field.

For the record, I've never met the author (though will try to) and have no affiliation with her. I do aspire to working in the safest environment possible and the achievement of excellence in medicine in general. I'm a consultant in Emergency Medicine in Coventry.

If you only buy one healthcare HF book make it this one.

Flick the Vs
Flick the Vs

2.0 out of 5 stars left cold and empty at the bus-stop of life, 24 April 2009
This review is from: Flick the Vs (Audio CD)
I've given this heavy play in the hope that familiarity will breed enthusiasm and help me see the diamonds glinting in the darkness. It has not worked. This, to my immense disapointment, is a disjointed piece of work that I feel cannot hold a candle to even his small run albums you can buy at the gigs.
The bounce appears to have been lost from the songs, replaced by a dependance on heavy beats that stopped me hearing the work behind it. If there is the usual fragile beauty of KC/KA work in here then I believe it has been crushed in the production.
Normally I bow at the Creosote alter and love the man's work. This recording almost feels like an attempt to disengage his fan base, but I struggle to see who he would attract with this mish mash of styles.
I think I know who he is flicking the Vs at.

Occam's Blunt Instrument
Occam's Blunt Instrument
by Dermot Glennon

5.0 out of 5 stars sooooo funny, 22 Jan. 2008
short sweet and to a very obtuse point, these short stories had me laughing out loud. Just the right size to digest a quick one over your break, I cannot recommend it highly enough. "Code Brown" in particular has had me smirking all week.

Subway [DVD] [1985]
Subway [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Isabelle Adjani
Offered by westworld-

1.0 out of 5 stars subtitle disaster movie, 28 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Subway [DVD] [1985] (DVD)
I absolutely love ths movie. It's a sleek stylish adventure in superficial sophistication through the Metro, every scene an opportunity to frame and impress. Lambert and Adjani provide characters which although shallow are delightful to watch, each in their own way. So why only one star? Well, my french, rusty now, was never too hot anyway so I tried to watch with the subtitles on. For some reason on my copy only about a quarter of the dialogue is actually subtitled, and it's not even the difficult stuff. I suppose the film was never really about the words but I personally found this to be incredibly distracting. So I watched with English dubbing. And that is even worse. If you saw it when it came out please avoid this version, if you are just curious in the genre invest in Diva instead, at least the music might move you to tears.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2017 12:37 PM GMT

It's Only Time
It's Only Time
Offered by KELINDO³

5.0 out of 5 stars criminally underrated, 28 Mar. 2007
This review is from: It's Only Time (Audio CD)
Mark Curry is one of those singer songwriters who escaped under the radar. His style is a curious amalgam of americana folk and rock without ever falling into one particular camp,possibly contributing to his lack of recognition, although sharing a monicker with a whole variety of other famous folk may well have had a hand in it. The lyrics are americanocentric to a wild degree, but if you can stomach it he sings with soul and passion that few others match. You really get the feeling he has lived the pain he writes about. Sparse production allows the songs to stand up for themselves and he repays this faith in his abilities in spades.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2010 11:05 PM GMT