Profile for Siavash Minoukadeh > Reviews

Siavash Minoukadeh

Eastpak Unisex Padded Pak'R Backpack - Bootcut EX620712
Eastpak Unisex Padded Pak'R Backpack - Bootcut EX620712

5.0 out of 5 stars Found a perfect bag at last, 23 July 2014
I spent a few years looking for my perfect school bag. I wanted something that not only looked nice but was also unique in a world filled with Adidas, Nike and Herschel. This bag stands out among the dark blue and brown satchels. It is also huge! It seems a bit ridiculous at first but eventually I became grateful for the extra space and I found that I was visiting my locker less often. The padded straps mean that I never feel fabric cutting into my shoulder.

Trouble In Paradise
Trouble In Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Trouble In Paradise (MP3 Download)
I loved Last Roux's first album but found some of the songs to be lacking emotion and at times the music felt too synthetic. Both these problems have been fixed in Trouble in Paradise. Songs like Uptight Downtown have retained some of La Roux's old style while mellower songs such as Let Me Down Gently are exploring new territory.

ARCTIC Alpine 64 GT Rev.2 - Super Silent Intel AMD cooler for Mini PCs - Up to 70 watts cooling capacity with 80 mm PWM fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 20 Feb. 2014
For the price ( £6) , I wasn't expecting anything amazing but this cooler pleasantly surprised me. My main reason for getting this was that many reviewers had said that the stock AMD FX cooler was loud and inefficient. I thought I would just get this to bide me over until I could afford a higher end cooler.

Installation on an AM3+ socket is easy enough. Push the two plastics bracket things inward, bring the heatsink down and release. The problem is this may require some force and this made me doubt whether I had put it on correctly. I lifted the cooler up and in doing so smudged the thermal paste. No biggie, as I had some left over from another project so I reapplied it and this time it worked.

I connected the cable up to my motherboard and everything worked!

The fan runs quietly enough to not bother me but is still noticeable. I don't mind though as it can keep my FX-8320 cool.

Pros:
-cheap
-simple installation
-works

Cons:
-cable could get caught in fan
-could be quieter and cooler (but not at all bad considering the price I paid)

ASUS AMD AM3+ 970 LE R2.0 4*DRR3 2*USB3.0 12*USB2.0 GBE LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD
ASUS AMD AM3+ 970 LE R2.0 4*DRR3 2*USB3.0 12*USB2.0 GBE LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and very reliable, 20 Feb. 2014
This motherboard is perfect for any decent computer. Sure, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a more expensive motherboard but I doubt that they would be used in many scenarios anyway. The M5A97 has six SATA ports and support for SATA 6gb/s which gives a noticeable speed difference even when using hard drives. There are a decent number of I/O ports including USB 3 and Gigabit Ethernet, both of which were important In making my decision. Inside, there are spaces for lots of fans to connect to and space for two sets of dual channel memory giving a total of 32gb maximum. The CPU is installed simply by lifting the lever, pushing the it in and then bringing the lever down again. I had a few problems with this as the shaded corner of the socket ( used to line up the processor) was hard to see and the CPU needed to be pushed a bit before it would connect.

To sum up, an excellent board with the latest technology but without the gimmicks

Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III Performance Hard Disk Drive
Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III Performance Hard Disk Drive
Offered by Appods

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, quick and reliable, 1 Feb. 2014
So far I have bought two of these drives for a home server. Despite running on a SATA 2 connection they have been very quick and can stream 1080p files to multiple devices at the game time. I have had them for a year and a half and so far have had no problems. Not to mention they are £20 cheaper than a WD alternative