Profile for DJ > Reviews

Content by DJ

DJ

Page: 1 | 2
Best Magnetic Wristbands, With 5 Powerful Magnets magnet wristbands for Holding Tools,Screws,Nails,Bolts, Drill Bits and Small tools, nails and screws pouch -Best Tool Gift for DIY Handyman, Men, Women(Everest Blue)
Offered by GrstaTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Really convenient for when you work on something that needs ..., 4 April 2017
Really convenient for when you work on something that needs lots of screws or nails. You can have both hands free, and you don't have go look for the screws in random places.

Huion H610 Pro Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet with Glove and Carry Case
Huion H610 Pro Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet with Glove and Carry Case
Offered by HUION

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not a painter or anything like that. I actually purchased this to help me ..., 28 Jun. 2016
To make things clear; I am not a painter or anything like that. I actually purchased this to help me with retouching my photos.

The fact of the matter is that I have ended up using it a lot more for drawing though. I am really pleased with the sensitivity, and I use the buttons on the tablet extensively.

It is a joy to use and works great.

SONOS PLAY:1 Smart Wireless Speaker, Black
SONOS PLAY:1 Smart Wireless Speaker, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars I do wish it had program buttons like the Bose SoundTouch series though, 18 July 2015
I can't fault the sound quality. It is top-notch! This is why I give it 4 stars.

I do wish it had program buttons like the Bose SoundTouch series though. Having to go find your phone to change the station when your next to the speaker is an unnecessary nuisance in my opinion.

Regarding the software support, it is really letting the whole Sonos line down. The UI is not at all intuitive, and I always forget where to go to find what I want. And why can't I stream anything I want from my computer or phone to the speaker?

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by Sportspeed

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, especially since I rent cars and can't install ..., 18 July 2015
Always use it with my GPS. Really useful, especially since I rent cars and can't install anything permanent.

Draper Expert 28741 30 Drawer Storage Organiser
Draper Expert 28741 30 Drawer Storage Organiser

3.0 out of 5 stars The drawers themselves are good, I just wish you could lock the drawers ..., 18 July 2015
The drawers themselves are good, I just wish you could lock the drawers as they very easily all fall open if not fastened tightly.

Optoma HD131Xe Ultimate 3D DLP Projector 18000:1 2500 Lumens 1920x1080 (2.92kg)
Optoma HD131Xe Ultimate 3D DLP Projector 18000:1 2500 Lumens 1920x1080 (2.92kg)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with the image quality and brightness for this price, 18 July 2015
Really happy with the image quality and brightness for this price!

The speaker is more of a gimmick.

Something I am missing is horizontal keystoning, but that is mostly available only in professional projectors if I understand correctly.

Jumbl™ Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling & A2DP Audio Streaming Adapter/Receiver for 3.5mm Devices - Converts Wired 3.5mm Headphones into Wireless Music Streaming Stereo Earphones - w/Built-In Mic - White
Offered by Smart Shop UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio quality, 18 July 2015
Wanted to use this for listening to music from my phone, but the audio quality is just nowhere near good enough.

Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic
Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic
Offered by SK Pang Electronics Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful mini-arduino, 18 July 2015
All in all I'm really pleased with it.

This device unfortunately does not provide a serial console output through USB, which made it a little bit tricky for me as I was playing with temperature control. I ended up using an Arduino Uno for experimenting, and when happy used this trinket instead.

Note that GPIOs #3 and #4 are used by the USB during bootload, so are not recommended to use unless you really need them. Also GPIO #1 doubles as a controller for the LED.

Being an hardware noob I avoided GPIOs #3 and #4, which left me with only one analog input (GPIO #2).

I found this page invaluable: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-trinket

I was struggling a bit in the beginning with to program it as I didn't have the same options in my version of Arduino, but the following seemed to work:

- Installed Arduino 1.6.4
- Chose Board: Arduino Gemma
- Chose Port: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
- Programmer: USBtinyISP

Koolertron Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Game Controller Gamepad Joypad for Apple iOS iphone 4/4S ipad Android Phone/Tablet PC

2.0 out of 5 stars Disconnects from my Samsung Galaxy S4, 15 Sept. 2013
The controller works very well for SNES games.

The reason why I'm giving it 2 stars is that it keeps disconnecting. It can be anywhere between a minute to half an hour between the disconnects (some days it disconnects every couple of minutes). This means that I can only use it for games where you can stop at any time. Games like Super Mario World are not possible to play, as you will probably run into an enemy or fall to your death.

I haven't been able to try on another phone, so I don't know if it's the controller or phone. I would have given the controller a higher score if it supported connecting to the phone via USB as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 11:45 AM BST

Patriot PEF32GRUSB 32GB Xporter XT Rage (25MB/s Write Transfer Speed) USB Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and nice design, 24 Feb. 2012
I didn't know I could feel this pleased with a USB memory stick. I love the speed and the fact that it has plenty of space. £40 is cheap in my opinion.

I also love the design. It just looks good. It might be too big to fit nicely with neighbouring USB devices, but I haven't experienced any problems with that. There's no cap to lose either; just pull back the cover.

Page: 1 | 2