Profile for B. S. Barwick > Reviews

Content by B. S. Barwick

B. S. Barwick "Brian Barwick" (Huddersfield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
aCalendar Android calendar
aCalendar Android calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful app., 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: aCalendar Android calendar (App)
Use this application most days, having tried several other so called good calender appointments, this one is far superior by far.

Useful too, having note facility to leave reminders on certain days.

Good application, free too......

King Oddball
King Oddball

4.0 out of 5 stars Very unusual game, & addictive..., 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: King Oddball (App)
A very unusual game, never played a game quite like it, but it's very addictive indeed, looks really easy, but, it's certainly not.

In a word, I love it, you probably will too....

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go†3GB Preloaded Data Standard†SIM for†3G Tablets
Offered by Zeto UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip off..... Shame really!, 17 Nov. 2013
I, like quite few other bought several of these 3Gb SIM cards, I bought 3 at below. £8 each, now over £20, not fair.

I'ts purely because they are now popular, so supply & demands dictate high prices....

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, amazing.............., 26 Oct. 2013
I have a few torches, some very expensive 'Maglight' LED types, which I thought were very good, that was until these appeared. How they get such brightness from a single 1.5 volt battery is amazing, truly.

It has high beam, lower beam and flashing, a pretty well made device, and amazing value for money considering the low cost and very high light output .... impresed1

Sprinkle Islands
Sprinkle Islands

5.0 out of 5 stars What a superb game, excellent..., 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sprinkle Islands (App)
I'm not one for games usually, but, this one caught my eye, so downloaded it.

Glad I did, love the graphics and, the attention to detail is amazing, not to mention sound effects.

I'm 67 years old and absolutely love it, superb......

Omicron GU10 7 x 3 x 2.25 Watt 6400 k LED Light
Omicron GU10 7 x 3 x 2.25 Watt 6400 k LED Light
Offered by GBP International

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, cheap to run, 15 Oct. 2013
After great expense, almost all of our lighting in the house, in now LED, this Omicron was the latest addition.

We choose this particular one, as it has 3 x 2.25 LED devices, in giving a greater light output, and is bright too.

This is about the closest we found to our older halogen bulbs, these also give a nice bright, white, crisp light, this one was the 'daylight' type which we prefer, as opposed to the 'warm' version which can give yellow hue, we much prefer these.

Although they will take some time to pay for themselves, they are very reliable, and use a tiny fraction of the power of halogens............

Beurer KS65 Magic Line Kitchen Scales
Beurer KS65 Magic Line Kitchen Scales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual 'Beurer' quality!?, 15 Oct. 2013
I like quality items, and, usually pay a lot more, for that quality. I have several Beurer products around the house, including a blood pressure device, excellent, really well made, another is our electric blanket, again, well made, German quality.

However, we were pretty disappointed in these Beurer KS65 kitchen scales, to be perfectly honest, they don't look that well made, sort of poor quality plastic, the 'gm or oz' switch underneath also, looks cheap.

It looks like a cheap Chineese copy, no disrespect meant there, but it looks cheap to us, and not the usual German high quality build.

We searched for a country of manufacture on the scales, but, couldn't find one, we guess (might be wrong) that it was made in the far east FOR Beurer, they stuck their label on. This is our personal opinion of course, I could be entirely wrong, we are mealy expressing our thoughts in this review.

Not sure, I'd buy another, it works fine, seems fairly accurate and looks nice on top, we just feel the build quality, could be much better for this price.

AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, bright light, similar to halogen., 7 Oct. 2013
After an initial hiccup, which the suppliers quickly rectified I'm now enjoying LED lighting in my house. I choose 'daylight' type as wanted a bright crisp light similar to halogen which I used before.

After buying bayonet to GU10 adaptors, we used them in conventional light sockets too, and they work very well too. The reason was save money on increasing electricity bills, although initial outlay is high this will be recouped over the lufe of the bulbs, claimed to be 25 years with a 5 year warranty.....

Sennheiser 3m Replacement Cable for HD650
Sennheiser 3m Replacement Cable for HD650

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine, Sennheiser cable, half normal cost...., 27 Sept. 2013
I have been in the audio trade most of my working life, and, these replacement cables, are pretty expensive, copies are cheaper, but, why risk rubbish, when you can buy proper original ones for similar price at Amazon.

These cables, are actually cheaper than I can buy in the trade, they retail for between £25 and £29, depending.

These are proper, genuine Sennheiser, my only (slight) gripe is, for my use, the cable is too long, and I'd prefer 3.5mm plug, as opposed to the 1/4 inch jack on this lead, minor problem (for me)others of course it's probably ideal.

Well done Amazon, for selling a quality original product at a super price.................

Spirit Catcher
Spirit Catcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent graphics & superb sound/music, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Spirit Catcher (App)
Not really a games person, but, this one caught my eye, so decided to download and try, glad I did

You have to apply logic and think, to progress, I particulry like the background music, superb.

Give it a try, you'll probably like it......

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19