Profile for BigMouth10 > Reviews

Salem's Lot
Salem's Lot
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Salem's Lot, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Salem's Lot (Paperback)
Well, I give Stephen King's vampire classic five stars. This was always one of my all-time favorite horror novels, and, as a kid, I read it about four times in about six months. That;s how much I loved it. More than 30 years later, I am giving it another reading, and I love it just as much now, as I did back then.

However, I agree with another review about the typos in this re-issue. Where was the editor when this edition was being published? It's one thing if it's being produced by an amateur publishing house with limited resources, but this is a major book publisher, and it seems very strange that they would release a major title like this without checking for errors first.

The cover is pretty cool, and there is an introduction and afterword by King. In addition, there is a section on "deleted scenes" and two short stories, written by King and both very much related to the events in "Salem's Lot."

Great book. Just a shame about the typos. Maybe Hodder should think about re-releasing this edition with all typos
corrected.