Profile for Levesy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Scrag - Up The Hill Backwards: A defiant true story of child abuse
Scrag - Up The Hill Backwards: A defiant true story of child abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!!!, 26 Feb. 2016
An open, honest account of a young girl growing up with an abusive step father!

I read this book in one night and was hooked by the frank and often harrowing details of her true life story, and to be honest I am amazed that Jesamine has gone on to be a survivor after what she went through! She is a true fighter and this is a must read book!!

Outlander Season 1
Outlander Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must see series!!, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Outlander Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Absolutely amazing series following the books by Diana Gabaldon and great to see the dynamics between Jamie and Claire acted out by two fabulous actors. I'm so glad I found this on Amazon prime and I hope that they continue to show this series for as long as it is produced.
Keep it coming!!

Johnny Nothing
Johnny Nothing

5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh out loud story that has left me wanting more!!!, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Johnny Nothing (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful story about a young boy who inherits a million pounds and his parents in particular his mean mother who decides that she should be in charge if how they spend the money!!
A very funny laugh out loud story with an ending that has left me wanting more!!!
When can we expect the sequel?

One Man Crusade : DCI Miller 1: The Serial Killer Nobody Wants Caught
One Man Crusade : DCI Miller 1: The Serial Killer Nobody Wants Caught

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly excellent read!, 1 Aug. 2014
An excellent thought provoking story which i could not put down!

Great characters with twists and turns that keep you guessing right up to the end. Being from the north and knowing Manchester made it all the more realistic and i really hope that DCI Miller will be making some more outings in the very near future.

All in all i cannot recommend this book highly enough and as for the gentleman who put the book down after 3/4 of the way through, well shame on you !!!!

The Istanbul Puzzle
The Istanbul Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Twitter for finding me a new and exciting author!!, 20 July 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable, fast paced story with a few twists and turns that kept me wondering who was the baddie and who was on Sean's side.

I love this genre of book and could not put my kindle down to the point that I was still up at 1am most nights trying to finish the book, and I can safely say I will be downloading the next two instalments ready for my summer hols.

Oh and I found this author through twitter and upon reading his blog I knew I had to buy the book!!

Classic Swingball
Classic Swingball

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!!!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Classic SwingballP (Toy)
On the plus side i didn't have to buy this as the neighbour bought it as a gift to prevent my two boys from constantly knocking their tennis ball into her garden and flower beds!!
I can safely say that for the first 6 days my boys loved it, however due to the state of the grass we had to move it further down the garden and within two days the part of the pole that goes into the ground had completely shorn off!
In conclusion not a strong or sturdy product and I personally will not be buying another one of these if they only last a week, should my neighbour wish to buy one well that's her prerogative.
What has happened to the original swingballs which lasted for years and years??

But Not Tonight (Extended Remix)
But Not Tonight (Extended Remix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Feb. 2014
Absolutely amazing song especially when performed live by the incredible Martin Gore a must have for any Depeche Mode fan's collection.

White Heat 30 Hits
White Heat 30 Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blast back to the 80's!, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: White Heat 30 Hits (Audio CD)
Loved Icehouse back in the 80's, who can forget the classic "Hey Little Girl", this is packed full of songs that you have always sung along to and never realised it was them along with a brilliant DVD to see them in action. Well worth the money spent!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover!, 8 Oct. 2013
Bought this for my sons galaxy tablet as he was constantly dropping it on the floor. Now it keeps it safe, only problem he has found is that to take pictures or a video he takes it out of the case as the camera hole is not quite in the right place.

Obscure Alternatives
Obscure Alternatives

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Obscure Alternatives (Audio CD)
Already have this on vinyl but the stylus has broken on my record player and I cannot get a replacement due to the deck being so old hence the cd version.

What can I say other than a fantastic album from a fantastic band who split up in the prime of their career, for me the best two songs on the album are Rhodesia and Suburban Berlin.

Well worth listening to that second, third, fourth time round!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4