Profile for G. Skinner > Reviews

G. Skinner

Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser
Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker, 23 Nov. 2013
Bought this as the reviews were on the whole good. I have not been disappointed so far have used only the white loaf programme but then started using my own programme which this bread maker allows excellent bread and a fruit loaf. Only one failure and that was a packet mix and I think the auto programme knocked the bread dough back once to often which caused the dough to be unable to rise again this translated into a brick which you could build a house with!! You can override programmes at any time change to a new programme or go to bake if your bread is risen to your liking. All other loaves made from scratch have been fine. I used to bake my bread by hand using Jamie Oliver's basic bread recipe which any one can find on the internet. There is a taste difference between the machine and hand made bread. I would say hand made bread has the edge on flavour but is more hassle and harder to clean up the mess and this was the main reason I bought the bread maker. I am going to try Jamie's recipe in the bread maker and see how the flavour compares currently I have only used Kenwood's recipes which come in a handy book with the machine.
The machine is noisy when needing the dough which goes on for at least 22minutes after that things are quieter. There is an alarm that sounds to tell you when to put your fruit seeds nuts etcetera in, whether you are using the automatic dispenser or not, this could wake you in the morning if baking early using the delay function. Total bake time is about 3 hours 30 minutes from start to finish for the basic white loaf. The loaf is best taken out straight away if you don't want the dough hook to stick in the loaf. The loaf pan will be hot fill it with hottish water let it soak for a few minutes wash with a cloth or soft sponge so as not to damage the non stick surface remove dough hook dry put dough hook back on put pan back in the bread maker job done until you need bread again. No floury doughy mess to clean up now that's what I call easy clean-up. This machine is large so best to check the dimensions in a store before you commit to buying. Once I have the flavour totally as I like it I think I wont look back. Go enjoy!

Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 256GB Notebook Accessory Kit with Free Norton Ghost 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Solid State Drive 256GB 830 2.5inch SATA III, 21 Sept. 2012
This SSD Drive included a free copy of Norton Ghost 15 to help you transfer your data from the old hard drive to the SSD drive. You also get a cable in the box to allow you to connect the SSD to your laptop via a USB port.Samsung include proprietary software which I have not tried yet.

I had difficulty getting Norton Ghost to work. I tried it twice and still could not get the drive to boot after creating a copy of my old hard drive.In the end I downloaded free addition of XXclone.exe and this software was easier to use and understand and did the job first time, although I had to use a windows repair CD which I made from the old hard drive using the windows 7 installation I was coping to the new SSD.This fixed a boot issue. After this I was up and running. The new SSD is a lot faster and my windows scores the drive at 7.6 where as the old drive scored 5.9 so a marked difference hear.Windows now scores my laptop like this Processor 7.1, memory 7.1, graphics for Aero 6.4, gaming 3D graphics 6.4 and finally SSD drive 7.6.

One last issue was my order did not arrive and I had to contact Amazon who sent me a replacement swiftly, customer service was excellent through the whole process. I believe the first drive was either lost in the post or stolen take your pick!I worked in a Royal Mail sorting office some years ago and there were cameras everywhere and they weren't there for fun.

King of the Blues Guitar
King of the Blues Guitar
Offered by nagiry

4.0 out of 5 stars Albert lets loose., 31 Jan. 2009
This albums worse quality is the sound it can be piercing in the treble regions but you will enjoy the music King shows us how to play the blues with style and soul.Its a lot of music, for very little money recommended.

In Session
In Session
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Albert and Steve get it on., 31 Jan. 2009
This review is from: In Session (Audio CD)
This album is a corker music is fab as to legends show you how its done,sound quality is average,but the music transcends all.Definitely a best buy.

FAMILY STYLE
FAMILY STYLE

3.0 out of 5 stars Family Style., 31 Jan. 2009
This review is from: FAMILY STYLE (Audio CD)
This album is ok, sound quality is good but not your usual Steve Ray album. His brother definitely has a style of his own which I found hard to adjust to the last few tracks were better but would not recommend this album if you are looking for the Steve Ray sound.