Profile for J. Sharp > Reviews

Content by J. Sharp

J. Sharp (Swansea)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Men's Sport Watch by CIVO Multifunctional Military Waterproof Simple Design Big Numbers Digital LCD Screen Casual Watch with Microfiber Bonus
Offered by CIVO-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A cheap and cheerful watch, that survived surfing in the UK winter..., 12 Feb. 2017
I wanted a cheap watch for work that wouldn't matter if it got scratches etc this was a great choice, love the back light and the simple large display. At this price I was doubtful it would be waterproof. But I went for a surf in some heavy winter waves and it survived, so was impressed by that. The band is plastic, not silicon, so can rub, also it is thin, so my thinking is that the band will be the first thing to go. But seriously at this price, you can't go wrong. To the numpty who was asking "was this ever sold at $96?" of course it wasn't, but that doesn't mean it's not amazing value at £12 or whatever. Would buy again. Cheaper than replacing band and battery on my Casio!

TECEVO T4 NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker With Enhanced Bass Portable & Rechargeable Built-in Microphone 10W RMS - Black
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value with line - out options, 4 Aug. 2016
Straight out of box, first impressions are it looks and feels quality. Obviously plastic, but it has a matt finish and very nice metal grill, so it does not feel cheap. The controls are nice responsive, and the rear connections straight forward. Hooking up to my Bluetooth was easy, and the connection was stable, immediate and clear. The sound is OK. There is a bassboosts grill on bottom, but since it doesn't have a separate driver, not much use. I used a simple fm radio transmitter into the line-out jack and broadcast to my car stereo - brilliant! I also used it recently on a camping trip and everyone was very impressed with the sound and volume.
Honestly, It will fill a tent or a car for casual listening , but not a living room or party. But for £20, its a good buy. The line-out feature is the best as it allows you to hook up to more powerful systems or amps.

Forefront Cases® New Leather Rotating Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 T560 (July 2015) - Padded and Secure Strap Closure for Full device protection + STYLUS & SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great value, 15 Feb. 2016
Good quality, great value, quick delivery - it was a gift and she loved it, so thumbs up from me!

K2 Prime Pad Set - Black Black black / silver Size:XL
K2 Prime Pad Set - Black Black black / silver Size:XL

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for general use, but not much padding and ..., 24 Nov. 2015
This review is from: K2 Prime Pad Set - Black (Sports)
Ok for general use, but not much padding and not stable on knees. If you're serious, put the money toward a pair of decent knee pads. There are some out there for about £30. Ignore the elbow pads or give them to some kid as knee pads.

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars best for existing Amazon Prime subscribers, 24 Nov. 2015
This is great if you have Amazon Prime, and are already in the Amazon environment. If not, its sparse on apps, and of course you will have to pay to view. But I do have Prime, and music, and it syncs automatically, so I can even view and listen to my music collection on the tv (yay). We also like BBC iPlayer, now we can catch up as a family, rather than individually on separate devices. However, I was disappointed that the app store was limited, and there is no web browser; there are some apps on my Fire tablet that I cannot install or even find. The app "store" is fairly limited sadly. The reason we got this was to not have a hdmi cable running from tablet to tv, but seems that for some apps, we will still need to. So the claim of turning your dumb tv into a "smart" one is not entirely accurate. There is a "cast" option, but I haven't worked out how to use that yet! If you are content with watching Prime, Netflix, various terrestrial catch-up services, Youtube etc this is very good. The image and interface are brilliant. It took about 3 minutes from box open to watching Prime, and I am not as techy type. The price is fantastic value. More apps, or a searchable app store would have got 5 stars.

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Prime Video (App)
Loved it :-)

Haarp
Haarp

5.0 out of 5 stars good intro to power and glory of Muse, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Haarp (MP3 Download)
I started listening to Muse on the back of hearing Bliss on a body boarding video (Brushed Aside). I was looking for a best of compilation, ad an intro. But this is brilliant, exhilarating, I listen to it at work regardless how miserable the weather, I have a huge grin on my face.

BT Multiport Broadband Extender 500 Add-On, Pass Through Powerline Adapter
BT Multiport Broadband Extender 500 Add-On, Pass Through Powerline Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the box, 29 April 2014
cannot understand some complaints here "does not improve my signal" - it is an extender, not a booster. We had it out of the box, plugged in, and running in about 5 mins, and it worked with our Youview too (although tbh as mentioned in another review this is not recommended). My only gripe is it's an expensive replacement for a long Ethernet cable - if in the same room I wouldn't bother.

Mens Grafters Leather Dealer Boots Dark Brown size 12 UK
Mens Grafters Leather Dealer Boots Dark Brown size 12 UK
Offered by shoeshoebedo

4.0 out of 5 stars good looking, but needs soul cushioning, 23 April 2014
the first thing my friend said was "new docMartins", because the soul looks like the Airware, however it is not air-cushion. The fit is roomy, and the soul is not particularly comfy or cushioned. However, I bought a pair of foam inserts for £1, and solved both the comfort and fit problem. They look great, very smart, and I feel they are good value. Only had them a couple of weeks so can't comment on longevity, but the overall impression is I am very happy with them and would probably buy another pair.

Battle Born
Battle Born

3.0 out of 5 stars classic Killers but with fillers ; aka Killers done to death, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Battle Born (MP3 Download)
I love the Killers. I love 3 or 4 tracks on this album. But by the time I get to the end, I feel let down. The track order starts enthusiastically but then gets slower and s l o w e r . . until by the last, it is limping like a car on a desert highway with a blown radiator.
But at this price still worth having.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3