Profile for Tupeloking > Reviews

If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Offered by mrtopseller

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 28 Nov. 2015
Avoid this. There is no need to spend money on this rubbish. If you want to listen to Elvis, listen to his recordings. This is not an improvement, this is an insult
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 12:20 PM GMT

Gumbies - Adult Aqua Shoes (UK 9, Black)
Gumbies - Adult Aqua Shoes (UK 9, Black)
Offered by Gumbies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Gumbies Aqua, Men's Aqua (Shoes)
Really happy with these. Fit really well and a good price

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the first pen I've tried but my favourite one to date, 21 Aug. 2015
Not the first pen I've tried but my favourite one to date. I like the fact it's quite compact, the battery has good charge life and a good price. Shame about the colour! Main thing is, I'm not smoking!

The Complete BBC Sessions
The Complete BBC Sessions
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for Cud fans, 4 Nov. 2014
First time I saw Cud was at Brixton Academy supporting Carter USM and Birdland in 1990. Cud were easily my favourite band and I have followed them ever since. I recently saw them play again in Brixton and remembered how good they were live and how much fun their gigs were, so when I saw this cd I had to buy it, and so glad I did.
I loved listening to the alternative versions of their songs, being reminded what good musicians they were and the live album is the icing on the cake.
A must for Cud fans.

Complete A And B Sides 1963-1970
Complete A And B Sides 1963-1970
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars As A Compilation Should Be, 4 Jan. 2014
This is a brilliant compilation, A & B Sides, simple.
It is from a period when B-Sides where sometimes as good as the A-Sides because they were more experimental and also fans listened to them with as much interest as the A-sides. Therefore they are loads of gems on here.
I loved listening to this compilation and reading the execellent sleeve notes.

Dusty... Definitely
Dusty... Definitely

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have Dusty, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dusty... Definitely (Audio CD)
I've loved the album Dusty In Memphis from the moment I bought it however many years ago but other than that, and her obvious hits, I didn't know too much about Dusty Springfield. So I'm thankful I wasn't let down when I finally bought this album. There's enough good stuff on here to warrant it being in any collection. My stand out tracks are Take A Little Piece Of My Heart (really?, better than Janis, I think so), Love Power (I think I listened to this ten times back to back) and Spooky (although not an original album track it's a treat having it on this as a bonus track).
I can't wait to play this back to back with Dusty In Memphis. I also bought the Complete A and B Sides cd so I am now converted.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great band, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I recently saw some tv footage of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60's and wondered why I didn't have anything by them. I saw this brilliant package and am so pleased I bought it.
As good as the first couple of albums are, which is what attracted me from the Newport footage, I wasn't expecting the quality of the later albums. This is a cool, classy, competant band that has enough going on to keep you interested all the time.
I can't stop listening to this collection and the last album, Keep On Moving, blew me away in the same way The Allman Brothers Live At Filmore East did. And that REALLY blew me away!

At Fillmore East (Deluxe Edition)
At Fillmore East (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed, 23 Aug. 2012
Believe every review you read of this album. It is outstanding.
I bought the first two studio albums and loved them, so I invested in this live album, the deluxe edition, and The Allman Brothers Band suddenly went into another league.
I am a huge fan of music from this period, Led Zep, Cream, Hendrix, Stones, Doors etc but I can confidently say In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed is the greatest piece of music I've ever heard. It takes about 3 minutes to kick in and then sit back and enjoy. This is a ridiculously good band.
At this point, blown away, you go into the amazing You Don't Love Me, then the funky fcker Hot 'Lanta, then the incredible Whippin' Post (i thought the studion version was good...wow) and 30 plus mins of Mountain Jam.
Duane Allman's last album. Such a shame. Respect. Awesome.

Live At The Fillmore - 1968
Live At The Fillmore - 1968

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 23 Aug. 2012
I've always had a half hearted interest in Santana. Heard the hits, seen their acid fuelled Woodstock appearance on film, liked them, respected them but didn't love them. And then I heard this. This is Santana before the record companies got hold of them.
Yes, they needed to do the 3 minute singles to get air play, but this album is why the record companies where interested in the first place.
What a band, what a group of musicians. If you like musicians jamming funk, jazz, blues...and possibly not knowing their actually doing it, or rather how good they where at it, then you'll love this.
It's raw Santana but, at times, brilliant.
I prefer this to their studio albums. Just my opinion

Kick Out The Jams
Kick Out The Jams
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Punk wasn't actually this good, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Kick Out The Jams (Audio CD)
To say this is ahead of it's time suggests that punk was any good. It wasn't. This is. MC5 can play, listen to Motor City Burining. And how incredible is the title track, power, aggression. From the opening it's f*** you. This is everything that punk should have been....just 8 years earlier.

Page: 1 | 2