Profile for Mr. Alan Clark > Reviews

Content by Mr. Alan Clark

Mr. Alan Clark (Hertford, England)

Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds
Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - But Could Be Great, 3 Jan. 2008
I have read the other reviews of this product, but I don't feel they give you a totally fair reflection of the innovative Tefal QuickCup!

Firstly, or rather the downside! The product handbook shows that there are versions with a temperature control, all the Quickcups i've seen don't have this feature, but if it was added it would stop a good deal of the bad reviews you see on this site claiming that the water isn't hot enough. My next little gripe is that the product has quite a flimsy water container, with the handle in an odd position making it difficult to balance when filling. My final moan is that yes it splashes a little, but why oh why did they not put a drip tray / stand where you put your cup like say the Tassimo drinks machine, which on that product is adjustable for your cup height, then splashes wouldn't reach your worksurface.

On the upside, the product is brilliant if you're in a rush each morning and just want a quick cup of tea or coffee (or rather we use ours all day and all evening!), my one is very hot, but I have used others that are not as hot as mine! My wife loves it, she says it's the best thing since sliced bread!

As for those who moan that you don't get a cup of boiling water in 3 seconds! read the box, it doesn't claim to, the very hot water starts coming through in about 3 seconds and it takes around 15 seconds to fill a cup, that's 18 seconds in total, alot bloody quicker than any kettle and if we're all being honest I bet it takes more than 3 seconds to fill a cup with a boiling kettle!

You should be warned that the Claris Filter is a consumable item and requires replacement after 50 litres of water or around 50 days, they are available on this site for around £4 each, well worth it if you want to keep the machine in tip-top condition and not bung it up with limescale etc., If the light starts flashing, then you need to replace it, I assume if the light is on continuously then you should have already replaced it and the item may stop working, I also think (don't quote me on this) that you can remove the filter altogether and not use one if you so desire, this again may stop the red light flashing or showing continuously.

All in all I think it's a great buy for £50 and I only gave it 4 out of 5 because there is room for some improvements. c'mon Tefal it's a great start, now improve it and make it truly great! I would rather pay £20 more and have the improvements!

Cable & Wireless CWSNS-1000 - GPS Navigation System - With UK & European Maps
Cable & Wireless CWSNS-1000 - GPS Navigation System - With UK & European Maps

1.0 out of 5 stars Not The Greatest GPS System, 24 Oct. 2005
I purchased one of the Cable & Wireless CWSNS-1000 systems and quite frankly after reading the previous review I am now most disapointed, I was suspect of the fact that the other review was the only one I could find on the Web!
After using it, I took it back, I simply couldn't get a signal on it in my car without the external aerial, which is no wonder they supply the device with it. It worked OK with the external aerial on, but who wants to install it on their car? to try it out I opened the window and put the aerial on the bonnet, so with the outside noise it was just silly!
It does warn you that if you have a heat reflective windscreen or a heated front windscreen then you must install the external aerial, but I haven't got either of those and I drove around with the satnav on for over an hour.
I'm sure there must be models out there that get a signal without all this hassle, as I may want to swap it from car to car.
In summing up, features OK (nothing special), not the greatest mapping, but most importantly non existent reception without external aerial, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Christmas With Frank and Bing
Christmas With Frank and Bing
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank & Bing The Kings!!!!!, 18 Nov. 2003
I ordered this mid-price album around eighteen months ago and even my two young children love it! from the christmas eve classic of Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) to the woderful Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas to White Christmas (What Bing Album Doesn't Have It!) to O' Come All Ye Faithfull this CD is just two of the purist silky voices that have ever lived crooning out some of the best written christmas classics of all time. BUY IT! YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED.