Profile for Roger Rebec > Reviews

Content by Roger Rebec

Roger Rebec (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-28
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Offered by SPonlineUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes an Unpleasant Task Easy, 27 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product has been a huge success in our house. Our cat uses his litter tray less than he used, preferring to go outside. There are times when it's not possible to let him out and, on the odd occasion, there is an accident. This is not something that can be left unattended and is not something that is particularly pleasant to do. This spray deals with the smell and takes away the smell. Simple.

The spray has a fairly strong but pleasant smell of its own. Our cat is not totally convinced he likes it but is beginning to get used to it.

Recommended.

Strauss: Daphne (Home Of Opera)
Strauss: Daphne (Home Of Opera)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad this set has been reissued, 26 Nov. 2014
I am so glad this set has been reissued. Some reviewers find fault with the male singers and the occasional intonation from the wonderful Lucia Popp but this is, without doubt, by a mile the best version of this opera on CD. The conducting is sensitive yet commanding, the playing excellent and, over it all, float Popp's wonderful silvery tones.

This is not one of my favourite operas. I got the Renee Fleming recording when it first appeared as I had loved the Popp/Haitink recoding when I owned it on vinyl. The Fleming version did not rekindle the wonderful memories I had of the Popp/Haitink set. I did wonder whether the reason I hadn't liked the Fleming version was that my taste had changed. It hadn't. The Fleming set just didn't possess the magic of Popp and Haitink.

It is amazing that this lovely recording has been out of the catalogue for so long (as has Popp's recording of Massenet's "La Navarraise" - Sony, please take note and reissue this; it's far superior to the Horne/Lewis one that you did reissue). If you like Richard Strauss and want to hear a magical performance of one of his less familiar operas, don't hesitate. Snap up this recording before it disappears again.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade
Offered by BrandedToiletriesLTD

5.0 out of 5 stars this blade has delivered my best shaves of the year so far and I really ..., 30 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually prefer a Gillette shave to a Wilkinson. However, this blade has delivered my best shaves of the year so far and I really like it.

The razor is a bit cumbersome to hold and its on/off button needs to be depressed in a particular way for the battery delivered power to stay on. This is ameliorated by the inclusion of a battery.

I've used this on one day's and two days' growth and found the result equally good and equally comfortable. Wilkinson have probably got a Gillette convert.

AmazonBasics Plush Velvet Throw - Navy
AmazonBasics Plush Velvet Throw - Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoil Yousrself, 30 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This throw is really lovely. The colour is deep and rich. The texture of the material feels really luxurious. Whether you use this as a throw or a rug, I feel sure you will enjoy the feeling of pampering you will get. Incidentally, I do not, as a rule, get overly excited by throws.

AEG DB5220-U 4 Safety Plus Steam Iron 0.3 L, 2300 W
AEG DB5220-U 4 Safety Plus Steam Iron 0.3 L, 2300 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Woth Considering, 30 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good iron. I would have given it five stars had it not been for the "tap water" issue. The product publicity states clearly that you can use this iron with tap water. However, when you read the instructions, AEG recommend that you use 50% tap water and 50% distilled water, so that, whilst they are not telling lies, they are not being 100% honest either. Anyone buying this iron who expects to use 100% water will disappointed. It hasn't deterred me. I guess what they really mean is that the iron will work better and last longer if use use 50% distilled water.

Apart from this niggle, I would place this up there with the Bosch TDA5070GB and the Philips GC4521/57 Azur Performer. They all iron well and are easy to use with the Phlips in pole position here. The Bosch has the longest flex. The AEG's flex is nearly as long but the Philips flex is so short you will probably need to use an extension lead. The AEG and the Bosch come with a filling vessel.

Which you go for depends on which of the different plus points means the most to you. Once the Philips is plugged into an extension lead, it' s my favourite to use of the three but not by much. It glides over the things to be ironed really well and goes more easily round button holes on shirts. My advice would be to decide either on your ironing preferences or the prices of each at the time you are buying.

Vax S86SFT Steam Fresh Touch Steam Mop, 1600 W
Vax S86SFT Steam Fresh Touch Steam Mop, 1600 W

4.0 out of 5 stars I often feel that some modern appliances are more trouble than they're worth but you would have to spend a lot of times on your, 25 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mop cleans really well provided your floor is flat. We have tested this mop on our vinyl floors. One of our floors isn't even but this mop has still managed to clean it well. The other vinyl has been cleared really well, apart from one area where the space between the lavatory and the wall is to small for the head of the mop to reach.

I often feel that some modern appliances are more trouble than they're worth but you would have to spend a lot of times on your knees with scrubbing brushes and sponges to achieve such a good result. Filling the water tanks with the right amount of water and detergent may be a bit fiddly but I know which of the two I'd rather do.

Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium
Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the Product Description, 24 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd been wanting a dent omlette pan for ages and this pan is excellent. It really lives up to the claims made by the manufacturer. Its handle is comfortable to hold and it really cooks a good omlette.

The instructions are well written and easy to follow. Do read them to be sure you get the best from your pan and learn how to look after it. Over time, the non-stick coating will deteriorate but good care will get you a long life for your pan, one example to note: the use of extra virgin olive oil is not recommended.

I'm really happy with this pan. I love having an omlette for lunch but, to make a good one, you need a good pan. This one is really that.

Dynamic Fat Burner 1,200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules
Dynamic Fat Burner 1,200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules

2.0 out of 5 stars Eating Less and Exercising More Would Probably Be More Effective and Cheaper, 21 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, note that at the end of the directions in, as usual, small print, is advice to contact your doctor if you are on regular medication. I am and I did. She hadn't encountered this product so she was unable to offer any advice other than if you start to feel unwell, stop immediately. The product does not fall within the boundaries of traditional medicine; holistic practitioners may be better able to advise as to the product's suitability for you.

I have followed the basic instructions: take one capsule 20 minutes before a meal with a large glass of water. I think the product works by encouraging your digestive system to reject the fat content in food. I usually find there is a need to decamp to the bathroom fairly soon after a meal.

I started using this two weeks ago and my weight has not changed. It's another two or three pills a day, which is a bind as it is something else to remember to do ahead of eating. I suspect I would do just as well if I simply drank a large glass of water before every meal.

Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit
Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Everyone, 21 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This starter kit contains the device and the USB plug charging unit. A case is really needed to keep the charging unit and and vapour oil together. Both are needed for continued use. An oil sample is not supplied. The instructions are poor. This seems to be common these days, small print and insufficient detail.

Be aware that the variety of oils available is large. They are dearer than a pack of ten but cheaper than a pack of twenty ordinary cigarettes. Will they help you to stop smoking? I doubt it. It's similar to cutting down. You're not smoking as much but you are still smoking. The puffs of smoke you see are still smoke and if you inhale, you are still inhaling smoke.

If you really want to switch to E-cigarettes, my advice would be to do some research and, in particular, ask someone who happily uses E-cigarettes for their advice and recommendations.

VonShef 2 Slice Contact Grill
VonShef 2 Slice Contact Grill

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and It Does an Excellent Job, 21 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are looking to cook grills for two people, look no further. This will accommodate two sizable rump steaks and, more importantly cooks them to perfection. It is not recommended though for cooking meat with bone in as this might scratch the non-stick surface plates.

It looks good on your kitchen work surface. It is very easy to clean. Not all of these products are so this is an important plus. The drip tray is a good size and a plastic scraper is provided to remove anything that may have attached itself to the plates.

The instructions could be better. The print is unbelievably small, smaller than the smallest typeface on an optician's reading card. The cooking time is very imprecise,virtually try it on max and see how you get on. We followed that instruction and still managed to achieve a perfect result, so perhaps it isn't as daft as it sounds after all.

This grill is ideal for up to two people, unless you serve very small portions. Our household of two adults is very impressed and will be using this on a regular basis.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-28