Profile for Jen > Reviews

Content by Jen

Jen (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stunning Ladies 100% Cotton Floral 3 in 1 Halter Neck or Strapless Summer Dress/Long Maxi Skirt, Powder Blue, Small
Offered by Posh Porschey

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this flattering dress!, 23 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Pistachio Women's Dress (Apparel)
Delighted with this dress - I've now got three in different patterns! I ordered a small after reading other reviews. I am 5'10 and a size 14 and have big boobs so am by no means "small", but the small fits exactly how I want it to - fitted on the top and skimming my hips in the skirt part. I actually think I could happily wear a small, medium or large but I've got a small waist and I don't like too much fabric over my hips so went for the small.

As the dress is 100% cotton, it's lovely to wear and will be great for my holiday in a few weeks.

Nakd Fruit & Nut Bars Mixed Case (44 x Bars)
Nakd Fruit & Nut Bars Mixed Case (44 x Bars)
Offered by Free From Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value bulk pack, 28 July 2017
I love Nakd bars - healthy, tasty and satisfying - so often buy these bulk packs. They are always dated long enough to enable us to get through them all, and I like trying all the different flavours I might not normally choose when buying them in the supermarket.

Radiator Cat Bed
Radiator Cat Bed
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cat bed - if only the cats would bother using it, 28 July 2017
This review is from: Radiator Cat Bed (Kitchen & Home)
Does exactly what it's supposed to - fits over most radiators, including my big thick radiators. Obviously you can't use it on any radiators with covers over them. My cats occasionally go in it - obviously with cats being cats, preferring to sleep anywhere but in the beds you specifically buy for them. I'd recommend, and hopefully your cats will use it a little more than mine do!

W7 - 'In The Buff' Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette (W7 In the Buff + In the Nude)
Offered by Lazymoggi Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Some shades are better than others, 28 July 2017
Bought this as a dupe for the Urban Decay palette as I hardly ever wear eyeshadow so didn't want to pay £40 or thereabouts for the Urban Decay. The colours are indeed an almost perfect match for the Naked palette, but the staying power is a bit hit and miss. Some of the shades seem better than others. There are a couple of nudes and mid-browns I really like, but some of the darker shades don't seem very pigmented. I do recommend it if you are like me and want a few colours for occasional use, but I'd say if you're used to more expensive and higher quality eyeshadow or love a dramatic smokey eye, go for something else.

Bluetooth Shower Speaker, TaoTronics Water Resistant  Wireless bluetooth Speaker (Build-in Microphone, Solid Suction Cup, 6 hrs Play Time)
Bluetooth Shower Speaker, TaoTronics Water Resistant Wireless bluetooth Speaker (Build-in Microphone, Solid Suction Cup, 6 hrs Play Time)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shower speaker for the price., 28 July 2017
So impressed with this! It sticks to the tiled bathroom wall really well and the sound quality is great for the size and price. I use it with my iPod and my phone regularly when in the shower and the battery seems to last a long time. It's easy to use and I love that you can skip songs and adjust the volume directly on the speaker, even when your hands are wet.

Breville 2-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons - Silver
Breville 2-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for a budget toaster, 28 July 2017
I bought this as a replacement for an old toaster that ended up only toasting half a slice of bread. This was great when we got it, and toasted the whole slice of bread evenly. After a few months, however, it seems to have started toasting the bread a bit patchily, which is quite annoying when it's still so new. It also takes ages to toast compared to other toasters I've had. It's OK for the price, but I think I'd pay up next time and get something higher quality.

Command Decoration Clips for Christmas and Fairy Light - Clear
Command Decoration Clips for Christmas and Fairy Light - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and reliable adhesive hooks, 28 July 2017
These are excellent. As well as using them for fairy lights and to hold annoying wires and cables neatly out the way, I've even got them holding things like calendars up on the walls. Very reliable and durable.

Indoor Fairy Lights with 100 Warm White LEDs on 8m of Clear Cable by Lights4fun
Indoor Fairy Lights with 100 Warm White LEDs on 8m of Clear Cable by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

5.0 out of 5 stars My go-to fairy lights!, 28 July 2017
I've got these fairy lights in three different rooms of my home and I love them. They're so delicate and pretty - people always ask where they're from as they give off a soft glow and aren't bright white like lots of other fairy lights. You can buy similar lights everywhere now but I've been buying these exact lights for years and find them incredibly long lasting and high quality so will stick with them in future. I use them on my Christmas tree at Christmas time too.

Footner Exfoliating Socks Total Callus Remover
Footner Exfoliating Socks Total Callus Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle product! Really works, 28 July 2017
I was so sceptical about this product as it seemed too good to be true, but it really works! I put the socks on as directed, and removed them after the time was up. I've read other reviews where people have soaked their feet etc to speed up the peeling process, but I didn't do anything like that.

I initially didn't think they had worked as nothing happened for several days, and then when my feet did start peeling, only tiny bits of skin came off. After a week, however, my feet were an absolute mess, and I was leaving a trail of dead skin everywhere! It's gross but also really satisfying!

They're not a permanent fix, and after a few months, I need to use them again now, but they are great for summer when you will be in sandals and bare feet a lot. Your feet do look pretty bad while the peeling is ongoing, so time your use to avoid any special occasions! I'd recommend using them a couple of weeks before you want your feet to look good.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion, Medium Glow - 118 ml
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion, Medium Glow - 118 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but only in cool weather!, 28 July 2017
I used this for the first time ever for a spring wedding I was a guest at. I wasn't expecting much but I was very impressed. It looked really dark when I first put it on, but once I'd rubbed it in properly, it gave me a lovely and natural looking golden glow. I find fake tan often looks streaky on me and makes my skin tone look uneven. This, however, made my legs look smooth and evenly toned. It seems to hide minor imperfections very well. It lasted perfectly all day, and didn't come off until I rubbed it off in the shower the next morning.

I only used it on my legs, but I think you could use it on your arms effectively too.

I tried using it again recently in the middle of a heatwave and it wasn't as successful - it was incredibly hot when I used it, and it soon began to come off slightly on the backs of my knees and where my legs touched when I crossed them. I'll definitely use it again but will stick to regular fake tan in very hot weather!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6