Profile for Snoozy1 > Reviews

London's Industrial Heritage
London's Industrial Heritage
by Geoff Marshall

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well researched, 5 April 2013
This has taken pride of place among my very large collection of books about London history and the Industrial Revolution in general. It's a lot of ground that has been covered in several other books before, but this is well written and informative enough to keep you interested.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
by L.T.C Rolt

4.0 out of 5 stars Does justice to an incredible man, 5 April 2013
I have a keen interest in all things related to the Industrial Revolution, and had been looking for a decent Brunel book for a while (I am a frequent visitor of the Brunel Museum in London). This appeared to be the most popular choice and didn't let me down. I had read many of the basic facts elsewhere, but this goes in to detail and is packed with interesting facts and stories. I am obsessed with hidden structures like the Thames Tunnel, and it was fascinating to read more about how long it took to build. Perfect for dedicated fans of Brunel's work, and newbies alike.

Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Offered by Markstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and sturdy, 5 April 2013
I got this as a present for my father, who drives a lot but had never had a sat nav before now. He has been pleased with it so far, and it seems to be lasting well despite getting battered around whenever he goes on a long journey.

Lebanese Food and Cooking: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes, Techniques, 65 Classic Recipes
by Ghillie Basan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, but no street food, 4 April 2013
My husband and I love Lebanese food, so we were looking forward to this book and finally getting the chance to cook some at home. It is well written with lots of good recipe ideas, and clear instructions. The only thing that I was a bit dissapointed with was that it doesnt include much about what is usually called Lebanese 'Street Food', which is the type we like best. Still worth it though, and lots of the ideas are good for dinner parties.

Womens Ivory Satin Lace Embroided Bridal Wedding Perfect Vintage Bride Bridesmaid Ladies Shoes
Offered by Cavanagh Couture Bridal Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my wedding, 4 April 2013
I purchased these shoes as part of a long search for the perfect pair for my wedding. I am so pleased as they turned out to be ideal. Very comfortable, classy while also a bit quirky. Delivery was also very fast. Would definitely recommend.

Crap Graffiti
Crap Graffiti
by Author Name Tbc

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and recommended, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Crap Graffiti (Hardcover)
I got this book for my husband, who likes both graffiti and similar books like the S*** London series. It has some very funny photos and is nicely put together. Only downside is that it's the kind of book you will only ever read once. It's the ideal toilet book though, and is proving to be popular when we have guests round!