Profile for EmergencyMedic > Reviews

Genuine Carbon Fibre folding stick - Red Diamond with a soft grip handle
Genuine Carbon Fibre folding stick - Red Diamond with a soft grip handle
Offered by Phoenix Walking Sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Oozes quality, 27 Oct. 2015
Just beautiful - genuine 100% carbon fibre with a deep red/brown diamon effect - very dapper. Very very strong, very very light, worth that little bit extra - much thinner than your typical walking aid and less obvious but at least as strong as my NHS issue stick.

Grandpa's Great Escape
Grandpa's Great Escape
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars good price quick delivery, 14 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Grandpa's Great Escape (Hardcover)
daughter loves it, good price quick delivery

Apple Watch Screen Protector, JETech 2-Pack 42mm Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch (42mm)
Offered by JEDirect UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Personally I think they are too small for the screen (understandable because of the curve of the watch face) and I find the touc, 14 Oct. 2015
I have two, one for 38mm watch and 1 for 42mm. Personally I think they are too small for the screen (understandable because of the curve of the watch face) and I find the touch responsiveness to be poor on the 42mm one but my wife love he 38mm one and has not noticed a problem with the responsiveness. probably a three maybe a four star, by no means perfect but does protect screen well, hence 3 star.

Digi4u 2IN1 New Apple watch Charging Desktop Stand Charger Dock Station for Apple Watch & Phone 6 Plus 6 4.7" (White)
Offered by Cloud Accessories Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect - I have two now, 14 Oct. 2015
Just perfect - I have two now, one for me, one for the wife - holds watch at right angle to go to alarm clock mode which is exactly what wanted. Fits iPhone 6 and 6+ perfectly, even with slim cases
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2015 6:32 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, portable and nice stable images - good for ..., 14 Oct. 2015
Perfect, portable and nice stable images - good for theme parks, especially those that have banned selfie ticks - my go to mount

[Scratch Terminator] Anker Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 3 / New iPad Mini with Retina display - Premium Crystal Clear  (Not compatible with iPad Mini 4)
[Scratch Terminator] Anker Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 3 / New iPad Mini with Retina display - Premium Crystal Clear (Not compatible with iPad Mini 4)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Second one of these - first one sacrificed itself to ..., 10 Oct. 2015
Second one of these - first one sacrificed itself to save iPad's screen - they work! Use on all my many iOS devices - wish they made an Apple Watch protector

Overboard Pro Sports Waterproof Backpack - Yellow, 20 Litres
Overboard Pro Sports Waterproof Backpack - Yellow, 20 Litres
Offered by bluerushshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one, 10 Oct. 2015
Survived Florida downpours and kept all out expensive electronics safe and dry. Loos good and very light weight. Pack carefully because it makes it easier to find stuff. Also no problems as carry on item on international flights and internal flights with United airlines. Very comfortable even when heavily packed - recommended

Soothsoft Chillow Pillow - Single
Soothsoft Chillow Pillow - Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the instructions to fill it and you'll have a cool pillow all night, 10 Oct. 2015
Wow, really works. Follow the instructions to fill it and you'll have a cool pillow all night. Does make pillow slightly firmer but in a nice way. I'm a doctor who has to take steroids for a medical condition - these make you sweat a lot - every night I needed a fan on me all night - not last night. Recommended

GoPro HERO4 SILVER
GoPro HERO4 SILVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic, 21 July 2015
This review is from: GoPro HERO4 SILVER (Camera)
Didn't buy on Amazon but it is definitely as cheap on here as anywhere but writing this review here because I purchased primarily based on reviews on here. Many, many reviews put this camera above the Hero 4 Black because of the screen on the Back. I have to say this is the reason I bought it and I am glad I did - The back screen means this now is my go-to camera - as expected, excellent for all the action shots, but now also good as a tiny general camera.

I was expecting the battery to be a problem and so bough two spare ones but, honestly, even after a whole day of on-off filming and shooting at a lido with my kids, the battery was still half full. Expect, in colder temperatures, for the battery to last less time....but I have not had a problem. Spare batteries are cheap - I get OEM ones and am glad I have - for £15 they are great.

Remember you will need a BIG Micro SD card (recommend Sandisk Extreme or equivalent) - don't skimp on this - High quality images come at a cost - they use a lot of card space and they need VERY FAST transfer rates. If you are going to spend £250 on a camera the size of a matchbox don't ruin your experience with a cheap SD card - they will not work well (many people then go on to blame the camera for skipping images - 'tis a low quality card, not the camera!)

This is the first GoPro I have bought, it is the first one that I think truly represents value for money. Photo quality is excellent (12MP), Video Quality is Outstanding - better than any video camera I have used before. Colours are fantastic.

VERY easy to use, especially with the back screen (which does not seem to adversely affect battery life - lots of reviews say silver lasts longer than the black - higher demand due to 4K)

Why did I not get the Black Edition?:
- £100 more, and if I have £100 to spend I still would not get the Black edition - I like the screen
- No Back Screen
- Black Films 4K but only at 30fps (if I do want 4K I'll wait until at least 60fps available so I can slow down) - 1080p at 60fps is good enough for all of my requirements. Sliver does do 4K but only at 15fps - I will never use this function (pointless).
- 1080p is Excellent but munches through a 64GB Micro SD in around 2h-3h, 4K will eat much more memory card space (4x 1080p I think) - so less recording time.

Recommended Essential Accessories for general use:
- Spare Battery(s) £15 OEM
- Wrist/Hand Mound £7 non OEM (Mudder 360 is good)
- GoPro 3 way selfie stick - a truly excellent product
- Any other accessories depending on what you want to use it for (diving, skydiving etc)
- Rain X - applying a little of this to the casing lens cover will stop water droplets ruining your shot

I primarily bought this for filming the Kids on holiday but one lovely thing is that, once in the case, the camera is virtually indestructible. This means I can give it to the kids to play with (even at 8 & 10 they know what a GoPro is used for) and we get the most entertaining "Kids eye views" of their world - PRICELESS.

Surprisingly the kids tend to use the buttons for shot selection (old GoPro fashion) rather than the back screen - my wife prefers the touch screen - I tend to use the buttons.

Chuck it in your pocket and its ready for all those "wish I had a camera for that" moments. I tend to set it up to record 1080p video for the "Quick On" shots and then extract pictures from that - these are good enough to print at A4+ size, but you can set it up to take any kind of shot (including video AND photos at the same time) - read the instruction manual!

Please be aware: to get maximum benefit from this camera you will need to:
1) Read the instruction manual
2) Watch some youtube "How to" videos
3) Post Capture Edit - go pros free software is good, but most video editing software can be used
4) Be prepared to throw away any captures that are not useful (most captures contain good shots but a lot you will not use) - if you do not so this you will very quickly fill up all your storage
5) Ensure you keep the lens clean - so many you tube uploads are ruined because this simple advice was not followed!

I did a lot of research before purchasing this and do not regret it for one single second - highly recommended.

The ONLY minor quibble I have is that the time from pressing "ON" to starting filming is about 2-3s. It is recording very high quality images so I can live with that, its still faster than my SLR

Buy It, Enjoy It
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2016 11:00 AM BST

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB Micro SDHX UHS-I Class 10 U3 Memory Card up to 60 MB/s Read FFP

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best MicroSD, 21 July 2015
Never had a problem with Sandisk. As expected from this seller, a genuine item. Works flawlessly. Recommended

Perfect in GoPro Hero 4 Silver