Profile for R. Mason > Reviews

Content by R. Mason

R. Mason "buffonia" (Bham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Disney Epic Mickey 2: the Power of Two (Nintendo Wii U)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: the Power of Two (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Hauseinkauf

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, 18 Feb. 2015
Awful game. My boyfriend bought this for me quite soon after it came out because I loved the first game so much but I absolutely hated this one and did not get far with it at all before giving up. Terrible game play - the first had a few glitches but I could overlook them due to all the positives but I have nothing at all positive to say about this game. Regardless of how cheap you can get this game for now, it's not worth paying anything at all for as far as I'm concerned.

Dr Martens Moll Viola Boots Brown 7 UK
Dr Martens Moll Viola Boots Brown 7 UK
Offered by SOLETRADER

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boots, 19 Jan. 2015
Absolutely love these boots. Great fit, sturdy sole and they look great. I've had knee-high boots made by Dr Martens before and they lasted me years and years and I'm confident I'll get years of use out of these too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 9:37 AM GMT

I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
by Steve Coogan

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 17 Oct. 2011
The way this is written is brilliant - it's an absolutely hilarious book, with some brilliant one-liners and very witty word-play. This book had me guffawing quite loudly on the train every day while reading it and it is genuinely laugh-out-loud funny. A must have for any Partridge fan!

Disney Epic Mickey (Wii)
Disney Epic Mickey (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 13 Jan. 2011
I'm a big fan of good platform games, and I'm quite fussy about which I play. Obviously (well, obviously to me!), you can't beat Super Mario games - nothing ever will! However, I rate this game very highly!

I note that the more negative reviews on here sound like they are from people who possibly haven't done much gaming before, and hence have problems with the controls. If you've played a good few platform games before, then you'll pick up the controls straight away.

I'm 30, and I love this game- I don't know how much kids would enjoy it as I have no idea what kids are into these days (do kids still watch Mickey Mouse cartoons?), but I think it's quite obviously aimed at adults (and older kids). I love the retro cartoon sections between areas - which are one of the reasons I think it's aimed at an older audience- so much fun and the animations are wonderful!

Some people have commented that the camera views can be a bit tricky - they're controlled quite similaraly as in other platform games, e.g. Mario. I find that they're fine most the time, just occasionally I press 1 to see things from Mickey's point of view and then it won't change back to normal view. Very slight glitch though.

Overall, great fun to play - it's not so easy that it's boring, and it's not so hard that you're baffled what to do. I honestly haven't been stuck what to do once yet (and I'm about 10 hrs into the game), but some of the challenges have taken me several attempts to complete/find what I'm looking for and definitely aren't too easy.

A Christmas Collection
A Christmas Collection
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: A Christmas Collection (Audio CD)
I really enjoy this album!
I would also highly recommend Johnny's Country Christmas album, which is the one I remember my parents playing when I was a kid - some of the songs are on both albums, but the versions on country Christmas are better, in my opinion.

Change of Heart
Change of Heart
by Jodi Picoult

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly dreadful - hated it!, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Change of Heart (Paperback)
The only reason I bought this was that I forgot my book one day and it was quiet at work, so I quickly popped to the small bookshop nearby and this is the only Jodi P book they had that I hadn't read. I wasn't sure about the description with it being about god but I thought 'oh well, it's JP, how bad can it be?' Answer: EXTREMELY BAD!

I was barely into the book when the Green Mile similarities became obvious and I was bemused by the obvious intellectual theft. Quite early on in the book, Picoult herself actually has one of the other prisoners call the out to the guy `Hey Green Mile', as if the fact that she acknowledges the similarities excuses it - it really doesn't. She completely stole this story from Stephen King and it's not just a few similarities, it is down to a ridiculous a amount of detail - I was completely incredulous as I read this book. Not only are the circumstances and story the same, even the simple, near-illiterate character of the prisoner in question is the same to the point where I was imagining this character in my mind to look like the main character from the green mile film, even though he is a huge black man and the character is this book is supposedly quite weedy looking and white.

There are times in the book where the religious nonsense goes on for pages and pages and pages and even reading through it as quickly as possible is like enduring water torture. I only finished the book as it would feel like a waste of £8 not to. Save yourself the agony of reading this and DO NOT buy this book! This is a shameless rip-off and it's not even a good one at that. Usually I keep old JP books in case I fancy reading them in the future but I know I won't read this again - usually books I won't read again go to the charity shop, but this is going straight in the bin because I wouldn't want to inflict it on anyone else.

Oh, and re some comments on here about her getting the meaning of the phrase `knock me up' wrong in English - I think this is either a common mistake or she watches Frasier, because they made this exact same incorrect gag in an episode of Frasier years ago.

Mongrels - Series 1 [DVD]
Mongrels - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dan Tetsell
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Mongrels - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this show! It is the best thing that's been on television for a long time. An adult puppet show = absolutely brilliant! Would highly recommend this to anyone - I loved the show so much I'm definitely getting the DVD immediately.

Never Mind the Bollocks: Here's the Sex Pistols
Never Mind the Bollocks: Here's the Sex Pistols
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Feb. 2010
I love this album - Bodies, No Feelings and Holidays in the Sun are the highlights for me outside of the singles that everybody will be familiar with (God Save the Queen, Pretty Vacant, Anarchy in the UK) Brilliant album and on sale for a bargain price on here - definitely a must-have CD for every collection!

Black Sheep [2007] [DVD]
Black Sheep [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nathan Meister
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 22 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Black Sheep [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I thouhght this film was hilarious! I watched this simply because I thought zombie sheep would be amusing...and it was! Definitely worth watching!"

30 Rock: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
30 Rock: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, great series, 5 Nov. 2009
30 Rock is a great and very funny show, and S3 is no disappointment. The series starts with Jack attempting to claw his way back up the corporate ladder at G.E., with of course hilarious results.

The writing continues to be excellent, and Alex Baldwin's performance shines through as it always has - he is absolutely hysterical to watch!

Definitely recommend this DVD - come on Amazon, get the Region 2 version up for sale!

Page: 1 | 2