Profile for K. Brown > Reviews

Monty Python's Flying Circus - The Complete Boxset [DVD] [1969] [2008]
Dvd ~ Graham Chapman
Offered by just-the-games

5.0 out of 5 stars Something completely different, 22 April 2009
I grew up watching Python on PBS Television in California. Some of the skits have become so embedded in my consciousness that I use references to it not remembering where they originated. This set is fantastic because it's got all the shows, all the famous sketches and the infamous ones. I can't explain why it makes me laugh so much but it still does. I have rediscovered the origins of those catch phrases and now understand why I can't say 'Barnsley' in a normal way. It was an extra bonus to watch Terry Jones running along the road in Ealing Broadway carrying Carol Cleveland dressed as a bride on their way to buy a bed. I now live in Ealing so figure the circle is complete - from being an eight year old Californian doing bad impressions for my friends gleaned from late night viewings of Python, to actually walking the same streets used to create such loveable silliness. Buy this set. It's a great collection and an unbeatable price!

Castles In The Air: The Restoration Adventures of Two Young Optimists and a Crumbling Old Mansion
by Judy Corbett

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical story, 20 Nov. 2007
I visited Gwydir Castle with my husband this past October and fell in love with the place. I picked up the book out of curiosity, and once I started reading it, couldn't put it down. It's beautifully written and has left me in awe of what Peter and Judy accomplished.

I absolutely recommend the book and a visit to the Castle itself.